All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 650 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I understand now. Quick-Adjust is purposefully child-proofed.

In that case, what about a different "Favorites" page for sliders and toggles you use all the time (for people who are not necessarily running stations or streaming)? Perhaps with a small shortcut icon to send you directly to that particular processing page next to the item. It was handy having the main processing page full of toggles, and this seems like a way for people to build their own, omitting anything they don't want.

Should I throw that in the wish list forum instead?
That might be a good idea. Please keep GUI-related things here, otherwise we'll loose track of them.

Alternatively, if there are specific settings that lots of people use all the time we could build a page that just contains those.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:41 pm 

I'm blind, using a screen reader on my PC. The main GUI doesn't work at all with the screen reader so I always use the web interface.
With this new beta, I can't open the preset combo box in the web interface. It worked with version 9. Also, something keeps moving me around the page randomly and locking up my browser when I try editing settings on the web interface.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quick question
Is the FM Analyzer going to be removed with this GUI change or has it not been implemented yet?
It hasn't been implemented yet, I think it also feels way more logical to turn it into a separate program. In the existing GUI it was kinda "hacked in".
Yeahhh. I personality like using the Declipper with the FM Analyzer. Plus, when I want to record a station then the encoder isn't dealing with clipped audio. Even though, it probably isn't doing the best job declipping due to the audio being resampled.
I felt like it was an underappreciated feature which is why I asked.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:32 am 
Site Admin

We have a new beta, BETA012:

Changes:
  • CPU usage for GUI greatly reduced
  • New GUI builds now load the new web interface by default
  • Linux build doesn't rely on libpng12.so anymore
  • Exception on loading partial presets fixed; Load/Save menu's were not properly updated
  • ITU1770 levels displayed (RESET button is for now placed under I/O -> Normal Output settings)
  • DeReverb is now disabled by pressing "Disable unlicensed features"
  • Lowpass slider is disabled if no Normal/streaming output is generated

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:26 am 

Yes, cpu GUI load reduced, and for some reason in 'about' window GUI eat ~50%, "audio I/O ~18%, EQ ~18%.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:20 am 

Is it possible to add the processing meters with the FM output meters? (MPX Analyzer, Composite Level, Audio Level) Now you have to click a lot to try to see the variation of an FM setting :cry: . Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a tab exclusively to have all the meters of the active settings. :roll:

Best regards from Chile

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:17 pm 

I just cant find that ITU meter. Can anyone tell me where is it, i wanna see is integration time is as should.

edit: ok found it, enabled from old gui then saw it in new.
Yea integration time, or time constant, is wrong. it's over 60sec and sometimes even 5 minutes. Also it does not work on silence, stay frozen.
What would be needed is to not stay frozen on silence and atleast 3 time constants, 3sec, 10sec and 30sec, selectable, can be on click shuffling those few values.
Because this strange integration time, it even measures wrong, especially if it was softer audio for longer time and then audio is back to some normal loudness, it alsmost never recovers to normal measurement. Ofc, some numerical value vould be nice.
And no need for reset button.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:32 pm 

ASIO buffer meter doesn't fill for FM Output (beta 12)

Would it be possible to reset the ITU meter by right-clicking it instead of digging for the button?

Last edited by MrKlorox on Tue May 31, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

The ITU meter currently measures the total level over all time. Which is how ITU1770 (actually R128) is to be used for TV at least; you're supposed to make sure that each *program* reaches a specific target level. This is also the most useful metric for streams that want to reach a specific level; you can let it run for a while and then verify if your level is correct, and make adjustments (and then reset the measurement) based on the long term average level. On silence it normally should stay frozen, at least in the measurement as described here.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Alternatively, if there are specific settings that lots of people use all the time we could build a page that just contains those.
These are the ones I use the most and the way I'd want to interact with it.

speech detection (toggle)
processing latency (drop-down menu)
declipper (toggle)
dequantizer (toggle)
noise gate (slider)
true bass (toggle, overall sub-bass slider, AND strength of both bands)
sub bass boost (strength slider)
immersive bass (toggle)
bass exciter (toggle)
natural dynamics (toggle)
agc (toggle, threshold, and drive)
bass clipper (drive and threshold)
clipper drive (both sliders)

I'm terrible at compressors, so I try to avoid them personally. I'm sure this list can also be trimmed.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 650 Next