All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:26 pm 

I believe Tom still looks over this thread for suggestions/bug reports, but the updates are actually posted in the 10.02 beta thread here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:52 pm 

I've gone through the last few pages of this thread, here are a few questions that I haven't seen an answer to:

Quote:
The [equalizer] metering [in the web interface] is fantastic. Is this functionality planned for the full-on GUI?
Yes! Haven't gotten around to it yet though.
Quote:
The metering on the Equalizer [appears to be] showing the EQ input instead of the post-equalized signal.
I think we'll use those double-barred meters for this (can be seen in action in e.g. some phase metering and the ITU scopes)
Quote:
Also, is it meant to show 33 bands?
Hans isn't sure either, but thinks it's 32 bands + 1 for the low end (from 0 Hz)

Quote:
Maybe just switch the control type to a standard list box or dropdown. Or is it that already?
It's not, because those don't support tree structures (e.g. sound card selection has foldable levels)
I have a meeting about this with the team on Thursday.

Quote:
What would be really freaking cool is having a way to link two sliders.

I essentially want to be able to combine the lowest MB band's Threshold to the same Band Mix into one slider, in an inverse manner, for my sub-bass management
(so when it's all the way to the left, it's a high threshold and low band mix; and vice versa on the right).
Having the ability to do this with any set of sliders on the fly would be game-changing when designing presets.

I realize this is a crazy complex request to implement
I'm really sorry, but I don't think we'll ever combine sliders in this way, let alone enable users to do it on the fly. The UI is complicated enough as it is.

The thing about enabling users to mess with how their interface is structured, is that it creates a situation in which the same product/application can wildly differ between users.
It could break functionality and/or make it next to impossible for us or other users to assist them with problems in any meaningful way.

Quote:
Quote:
Are all the old expert tweaker settings available in the new version and if not, is there a list to see which ones have been deprecated?
All of the settings are supposed to be nested within cells and popovers. The intent was to remove the requirement for changing Operating Modes while keeping all settings available.
I should add to this that we do deprecate some settings. If they are set to a value that isn't the default behaviour (i.e. "turned off") they are hidden (so that you don't turn something old and outdated on by accident).
Quote:
You may or may not need to enable the flag to show depreciated settings in your ini... I had trouble finding the toggle for this in the GUI itself.
The toggle you're referring to is an advanced (folded) setting: Application settings > Preferences > Show deprecated settings
There is no list of these settings, and while showing them anyway is possible it's highly discouraged.

Quote:
Quote:
Noticed this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Has the new version replaced the old one?
Where is the New GUI updates?
The main beta has started using the new GUI!

I think we'll have to lock this thread, which means I have to start monitoring the main beta thread for GUI issues.

If there's anything anyone would like to add or respond to, simply use the "quote" functionality and post it in either the main beta thread or in a direct message to me.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread with their feedback for their effort!
You're all instrumental (sound pun) in making Stereo Tool and our other products the best they can be.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know what we can improve.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 50