All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1626 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Also happens with Enterprise. Is this an anomaly of the new I/O layer?
The non-Enterprise versions use the old I/O layer.
I see. I noticed it happening when I re-tried Enterprise after the streaming output was added. I downloaded B35 in both regular and enterprise (new gui) and now my sound randomly (or not so randomly, as it sometimes happens when I execute things) pops and crackles while stuttering for a good five seconds it feels like. Swapped back to non-enterprise and it still happened. Tried later versions and it continues. Reverted to B31 and it's good again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also happens with Enterprise. Is this an anomaly of the new I/O layer?
I see. I noticed it happening when I re-tried Enterprise after the streaming output was added. I downloaded B35 in both regular and enterprise (new gui) and now my sound randomly (or not so randomly, as it sometimes happens when I execute things) pops and crackles while stuttering for a good five seconds it feels like. Swapped back to non-enterprise and it still happened. Tried later versions and it continues. Reverted to B31 and it's good again.
Ok. I see nothing suspicious in the change log between 031 and 035. Most of the changes are related to the web interface or GUI.
Are you using the web interface?
I'm going to look in the code now what changed, if I can't find anything, could you try 035 old GUI just to make sure it's not something in the GUI? All the other changes here look unrelated.

• Compressors: Progressive Ratio: Added start ratio
  • Speech detection: Also link MB band 1 to band 2.
  • New GU can now display help info (right click for the context menu that includes "What is this?")
  • New GUI: Slider text editing doesn't close when you select another slider.
  • DSP NEW_GUI release build from last night crashes [Hans]
  • VST NEW_GUI re-opening GUI fails [T+H]
  • VST NEW_GUI weird full-screen workaround and restore old GUI behavior - Added size sliders instead
  • STXtreme; +/- buttons?
  • ST-Enterprise: Add check that licenses are different
  • ST-Enterprise: Nielsen disclaimer in installer
  • Web interface: If a button to open a popup is inside a menu that has hidden advanced settings (not opened), then you can't open anything inside the popup.
  • Web interface: Off-by-one in waveforms canvas size (Workaround pushed)
  • Web interface: PEQ drawing fails - fixed - now also releasing mouse
  • GPS report in Stereo Tool: 153600 -> 192000
  • MicroMPX: Pi image: Same software updating mechanism as in STX
  • MicroMPX: Pi image: Select HifiBerry sound card type added.

Edit: Are you using AES67 input? I see a change in the code there that shouldn't do anything - but it is a change.

Edit #2: I checked the code changes and I don't see anything else that looks like it could be related. So, can you try 035 old GUI just to make sure it's not something in the GUI?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok. I see nothing suspicious in the change log between 031 and 035. Most of the changes are related to the web interface or GUI.
I'm going to look in the code now what changed, if I can't find anything, could you try 035 old GUI just to make sure it's not something in the GUI? All the other changes here look unrelated.

Edit: Are you using AES67 input? I see a change in the code there that shouldn't do anything - but it is a change.
No AES67. I'll Try B35 old GUI now. I've got the web interface enabled, but I haven't been using it to control anything in a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No AES67. I'll Try B35 old GUI now. I've got the web interface enabled, but I haven't been using it to control anything in a few days.
If you didn't have the web interface open in a browser it shouldn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:43 pm 

So far 035 Old GUI works without issue. I'll go back to the new GUI and try disabling the Web interface after running this a while longer.

edit: I should clarify, it only happens on one output at a time. I can hear my headphones play back fine from the Normal output while my speakers on FM (using ASIO) glitch out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
So far 035 Old GUI works without issue. I'll go back to the new GUI and try disabling the Web interface after running this a while longer.

edit: I should clarify, it only happens on one output at a time. I can hear my headphones play back fine from the Normal output while my speakers on FM (using ASIO) glitch out.
And your normal outputs aren't set to ASIO? Anyway, let's first wait to see what you find, and whether it's really related to the new GUI (which would be VERY strange, but never completely impossible).

If it only happens occasionally, is there any chance that it was just a coincidence?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:58 pm 

Quote:
And your normal outputs aren't set to ASIO? Anyway, let's first wait to see what you find, and whether it's really related to the new GUI (which would be VERY strange, but never completely impossible).

If it only happens occasionally, is there any chance that it was just a coincidence?
It's been happening often enough to really annoy me over the past few days. But this morning after a couple of times, I reverted to 031 and haven't heard it since. It doesn't seem like a coincidence: it was up to once an hour or so.

Normal Output is using WASAPI to a different device.

Running 042 New GUI now with Web UI disabled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

It's been happening often enough to really annoy me over the past few days. But this morning after a couple of times, I reverted to 031 and haven't heard it since. It doesn't seem like a coincidence: it was up to once an hour or so.

042 new GUI web UI disabled didn't fix it.

Latest beta with old GUI didn't fix it either. However this time it gave me an error recovery popup for the Normal output (when it was the FM out that went wonky) as soon as it recovered.

Going back to beta 031 new GUI again to see if it indeed does fix it.

edit: It took a few hours, but 031 finally glitched out as well. I'm stumped now. Going to keep going back through my downloaded versions until I stop hearing it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

042 new GUI web UI disabled didn't fix it.

Latest beta with old GUI didn't fix it either. However this time it gave me an error recovery popup for the Normal output (when it was the FM out that went wonky) as soon as it recovered.

Going back to beta 031 new GUI again to see if it indeed does fix it.

edit: It took a few hours, but 031 finally glitched out as well. I'm stumped now. Going to keep going back through my downloaded versions until I stop hearing it.
Can you check if you had any Windows updates in the last few days?

At this point I assume we can rule out both new GUI and any changes since version 031, although it's still possible that whatever it is that you're hearing is happening more often due to one or both of those. (But as I said, I see nothing between 031 and 035 - I actually compared 026 and 035 and I saw no risky changes between those versions).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:02 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Can you check if you had any Windows updates in the last few days?

At this point I assume we can rule out both new GUI and any changes since version 031, although it's still possible that whatever it is that you're hearing is happening more often due to one or both of those. (But as I said, I see nothing between 031 and 035 - I actually compared 026 and 035 and I saw no risky changes between those versions).
Aw, yeah. That makes sense. I just had it happen on 029, which I'm pretty sure was fine before this issue arose. I had 2-3 Windows updates in the last month. KB5015730 , KB5016616, and KB5012170 may have coincided with this issue.

Regardless, it's strange that it's happening on the FM output except it's giving me the Normal output buffer restart message.

I'll keep digging. Sorry if this turns out to be a wild goose chase...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1626 Next