All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2326 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 pm 

I have everything set to 44100.

When the sample rate's different, StereoTool makes squealy sounds during periods of loud bass. But this helicopter noise is odd.
The sound card link on Amazon's below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:12 pm 

Quote:
Do you know if those stations are using Stereo Tool?
No. They might be using hardware like the Optimod. I have to turn my radio all the way up and even then I can barely hear it on those stations anyway.

Some stations though you'd be surprised how bad the quality is. There's one in my area which runs a 40 KBPS or so mono MP3 feed most of the time. It would sound ok on AM but definitely not FM like this particular station.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Squeaky sounds on bass is usually the resampler in Windows, they shouldn't be there in ASIO, Wasapi or KS mode, but they can occur in MME and DirectSound modes, especially on older Windows versions (Windows 10 doesn't appear to do this anymore).

I don't know that sound card and I can't determine if it has a DC offset issue based on this, you can see it if you record some silence from it. I have seen it once on a very old on-board card (which was also extremely noisy, so it was basically useless for anything except maybe Skyping).

I really can't explain what you hear on stations if they use other processors.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:07 am 
Site Admin

BETA064 is posted. For anyone using AF lists via UECP, you really need to update - there was a bug in the AF UECP code (which has always been there).

Tilt correction code is updated and should be less CPU intensive in most cases.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:39 am 
Site Admin

BETA065 is uploading. There are lots of smaller fixes (no new GUI/VST fixes yet! Hopefully tomorrow).

The biggest change/fix is something in RDS RadioText.

RadioText in RDS has a toggle bit to clear the buffer. We used to do that every time the RT text changed, but after a report from a user who compared our RDS output with that of other RDS encoders using an RDS analyzer and re-reading the spec, we now *think* that it might be better to keep the toggle value the same (we've discussed this with multiple people, the spec is a bit ambiguous).

So, in this beta we're no longer flipping the toggle bit, unless we're explicitly instructed to do so by the UECP RT command. If you type multiple texts in the RT field in Stereo Tool directly (This is line 1/And this is line 2), we don't touch the toggle bit anymore.

This change might have the following effects:
  • Decoding RT with bad reception might work differently. (It's possible that without clearing the buffer, the old and new texts get mixed on bad reception). If so, that's obviously a bad thing - if this happens we need to re-enable it.
  • RT+ updates might be smoother. We had a complaint in the past that when the song changes, one specific car radio would briefly exit the RT+ display and show the normal RT text instead for a few seconds. This could very well be the effect of clearing the buffer. We hope that this change will fix that.

We have tested it today on a number of car radios on our parking lot, but many didn't show RT - those that did didn't show any issues. None of the ones we tried showed RT+, so we were unable to test that. And this was with good reception.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:46 pm 

Good afternoon. I am having an issue with the input on the stand alone version, it keeps defaulting back to microsoft sound mapper regardless of what i change it to. The outputs will stay at what i have changed them to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Good afternoon. I am having an issue with the input on the stand alone version, it keeps defaulting back to microsoft sound mapper regardless of what i change it to. The outputs will stay at what i have changed them to.
Hi, does it fall back if you close and reopen Stereo Tool, or if you go to another page and come back, or immediately, or something else? Is this a new problem, or has it always happened?

I can't think of any reason why any of those could happen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Hi, does it fall back if you close and reopen Stereo Tool, or if you go to another page and come back, or immediately, or something else? Is this a new problem, or has it always happened?

I can't think of any reason why any of those could happen.
Hi there. It happens when i go to a new page and then come back. It also happens when i close the program. It's a new problem. I have uninstalled it now and i'm going to install the new beta and see if it still happens and i will report back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:04 pm 

Quote:
Hi there. It happens when i go to a new page and then come back. It also happens when i close the program. It's a new problem. I have uninstalled it now and i'm going to install the new beta and see if it still happens and i will report back.
So i installed the new beta, and the same thing is happening. I removed all folders and configs before installation and i have tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, removing all folders and configs between uninstalling and installing the other.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
So i installed the new beta, and the same thing is happening. I removed all folders and configs before installation and i have tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, removing all folders and configs between uninstalling and installing the other.
I've just tried it here (both going to different pages and closing/re-opening) and I don't see it here. And there's nothing in the code that should do this (it should make Microsoft Sound Mapper the default, but afterwards it shouldn't touch it anymore - so if there's a bug in the code I can somewhat imagine that it would act up on restarts, but definitely not on going to another page and coming back.

Do you have the web interface open, or anything else that might be non-standard?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2326 Next