All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 626 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:02 pm 

Quote:
its not about being "bored" but about testing out newly compiled ST for Hans to find any quirks and bugs before its released.
This. If it's been a few weekdays, and we're to submit a bug, we have to check if we have the latest version to see if it's still present. Sometimes Hans does insignificant tweaks and updates the beta without changing the download links. Sometimes there are changes and the link doesn't get updated correctly and you need to do a little URL editing to find the right one. It's just a thing you do when you want to help the software.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
its not about being "bored" but about testing out newly compiled ST for Hans to find any quirks and bugs before its released.
This. If it's been a few weekdays, and we're to submit a bug, we have to check if we have the latest version to see if it's still present. Sometimes Hans does insignificant tweaks and updates the beta without changing the download links. Sometimes there are changes and the link doesn't get updated correctly and you need to do a little URL editing to find the right one. It's just a thing you do when you want to help the software.
aside from that, he also has other projects to contend with, expos that require him to travel around the country and his own daily personal life as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:08 pm 

ITU on/off state should not be saved with preset. It might be also good that they are working in bypass too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:29 pm 

Quote:
It might be also good that they are working in bypass too.
I also thought about this. Could minimizing the window stop the short/momentary ITU measurement or anything? Maybe pause the integrated measurement and/or reset it when un-minimizing? Just trying to think of ways to keep the processing minimal when bypassed.

Before the new GUI, it seemed to continue to measure when bypassed, it just wasn't shown. Is this still the case?

What about the input level meter and scope when bypassed? ITU, level, and scope would be all one should need if bypass is enabled.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 pm 

Good point.

I have an idea, make the web directory of releases shown somewhere? That way new betas will show up there when they're uploaded and we won't have to guess version numbers if not posted on here. I know coding takes a lot of time and brainpower. I've done basic stuff before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:32 am 

Beta017
Glitch on the Main screen above the Meters
White vertical Lines on the status displays
Not Skin Related. Happens with all Skins.

Attachments:
StereoToolWhiteLines.PNG
StereoToolWhiteLines.PNG [ 3.25 KiB | Viewed 3100 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:45 pm 

you know what would really be neat, is to have an option to run an DLL plugin file at the input stage of ST.
for example, i have a very old 32 bit DLL plugin named "Center Cut Plus" which is very effective at removing everything but the center audio of stereo content (very effective to hear vocals much clearer).
"Stereo Image" in ST is also effective at doing the same thing but it is not as effective as Center Cut Plus.
for the time being, i can only run this plugin through the old 32 bit Winamp version 2.95 and channel the audio content through it to ST.
i believe there is open source on this plugin as it was based on the "center cut" from VirtualDub.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,17450.0.html
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154300

Attachments:
CCP.jpg
CCP.jpg [ 32.03 KiB | Viewed 3053 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:51 pm 

I tried out ST Enterprise again, and it seems like the buffers are more consistent while seemingly not being affected by the suggested/custom BlockSize adjustments. I don't know if this is a GUI issue, but I'm using the new one.

I'll be using Enterprise primarily since I get much fewer underrun restarts for some reason. I haven't tried on OLD GUI, but I doubt this part is GUI related.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:36 pm 

Quote:
I'll be using Enterprise primarily since I get much fewer underrun restarts for some reason. I haven't tried on OLD GUI, but I doubt this part is GUI related.
Actually, for some reason, neither FM nor Normal seem to be restarting upon buffer issues in Enterprise. And the buttons to restart the soundcards do not solve the sync issue that develops. Should this go in the new GUI thread?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:56 pm 

In v9.91 I'm still having the trouble with FM Output as detailed in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&p=71285#p71285

To summarise - for some reason I cannot use FM Output to send to the alsa-loop to use for streaming purposes, with Normal Output used for listening on the hifi. Doing this throws up an error message about sampling rate, so I have to revert to using FM Output to listen with, and Normal Output to send to streaming.

I don't use any FM transmitters, I only stream. All the FM related features are turned off.

Is this a bug or intentional?

Update: A kind forum member informs me that FM Output runs at 192KHz hence the sampling rate error! So probably expected then.

Last edited by Radio Quack on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 626 Next