All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 526 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:54 am 
Site Admin

BETA017 is available. Everything that broke in the GUI in the previous beta's should be ok again.

If there are no bugs reported we'll run a release build for version 9.91 in the next few days (there are some important bug fixes in this version).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:23 pm 

What is what here?
1st. I know that one, and that one should have separate button to be disabled. Also reset button should work only on that one.
2nd, 3rd, 4th are shorter and 5th longEr, bit longer then 10s i guess, should be 10s. 6th is 2 and 3 in one meter. I like that one, but both are shorter.

I would do this way simpler. This 1st one as is with it's own disable and reset button, i heard it uses resources after some time if left ON, and just one more bar with integration time slider 1-100s and default to be 10s.
All that twice, like that 6th bar. all same just, for example, 3s integration time as default.

Numerical on top would be nice.

And for more cosmetics, another slider that sets where green/yellow stops and starts red/orange, or other colors. As default -12lufs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

What is what here?
1st. I know that one, and that one should have separate button to be disabled. Also reset button should work only on that one.
2nd, 3rd, 4th are shorter and 5th longEr, bit longer then 10s i guess, should be 10s. 6th is 2 and 3 in one meter. I like that one, but both are shorter.

I would do this way simpler. This 1st one as is with it's own disable and reset button, i heard it uses resources after some time if left ON, and just one more bar with integration time slider 1-100s and default to be 10s.
All that twice, like that 6th bar. all same just, for example, 3s integration time as default.

And for more cosmetics, another slider that sets where green/yellow stops and starts red/orange, or other colors. As default -12lufs.
This is (from top to bottom) program, immediate (400 ms), 3s, 10s, 30s. The one at the bottom shouldn't have been visible here - it's a combination of immediate and 3s which we're currently showing as a combined meter in the meter bar in the new GUI. (It makes sense to add a setting to control the interval tiime there in the future.)

All of these require extra CPU (the calculation of R128 levels does, not the separate meters) so the on/off button will keep working for all. What you say about reset makes sense, I'll change that.

We're not going to add text overlays for the old GUI anymore...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

What is what here?

This is (from top to bottom) program, immediate (400 ms), 3s, 10s, 30s. The one at the bottom shouldn't have been visible here - it's a combination of immediate and 3s which we're currently showing as a combined meter in the meter bar in the new GUI. (It makes sense to add a setting to control the interval tiime there in the future.)

All of these require extra CPU (the calculation of R128 levels does, not the separate meters) so the on/off button will keep working for all. What you say about reset makes sense, I'll change that.

We're not going to add text overlays for the old GUI anymore...
ahh, so no text (numbers) dB units for this measurement tool ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:11 pm 

Quote:
BETA017 is available.
Seem to work on linux.

Only a question regarding the bass exciter: When listening to the difference,
the difference sounds in a high pitch. Is that how the bass exciter is suppose to work?
adding bass with a high pitch sound on top (basically the pitched part seems to be
where the song is in frequency)?

Another note for bass exciter, when adjusting a parameter it take about 6 seconds before the
that adjustment kicks in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:04 pm 

Since you are going to work on better defaults, it might also be a good idea to make a default for the AGC sidechain, especially for the one band since it is recommended to use the one band AGC with the side chain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:57 pm 

beta 19 available - what are the changes ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
beta 19 available - what are the changes ?
Nothing really, I figured out a way to reduce the binary sizes by about 10% in BETA018 but it turned out that just made the installers bigger (!) so I reverted that change and ran a BETA019 build to verify that I didn't break anything in the process. BETA019 is identical to what will be release 9.91.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:59 am 

LOL do you guys get bored enough to change the links to 019 or 020, and see if there's a workking file?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:44 pm 

Quote:
LOL do you guys get bored enough to change the links to 019 or 020, and see if there's a workking file?
its not about being "bored" but about testing out newly compiled ST for Hans to find any quirks and bugs before its released.
i consider it a "service" for Hans, since he does indeed provide excellent stand-alone audio processing software (the best ive seen) for a very reasonable price.
i was a programmer decades ago compiling C+/VB, so i can understand the time and concentration involved to code and compile such complicated software like ST, given the amount of time he puts into his "baby", i respect what he does a great deal, his knowledge of programming and audio is on the par.
not to divert this topic too far but a question for Hans, was it you that compiled a 32bit OCX plugin named "Sound Solution" decades ago ?
edit - no, you did not author "Sound Solution" but it was a very good OCX plugin back in the early 2000's until i discovered ST in 2016.

Attachments:
Sound_Solution.gif
Sound_Solution.gif [ 16.31 KiB | Viewed 2647 times ]

Last edited by EliteData on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 526 Next