All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1326 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The HF De-Esser appears to be broken again.
The threshold value was 199999, if you right-click it went to 200000. And switched off. But, due to some rounding issue, if you move the slider to the right it stopped at 199999... 199999 is not below 199999, and hence it stayed on. I changed the limit to 199998, that solved it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Even with older versions, I experienced the problem that AVX2 is not active on the Linux version. However, if I start the Windows version under Linux (with Wine), AVX2 is active there.
Tested with AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU on Debian 11 64bit.
We have some code that checks whether the CPU and OS support AVX2 (for the CPU) and AVX (for the OS). So one of the two must fail. I see that I get the same result on my Linux VMware build image here, so I'll look into it.

Edit: Found it, and I can't fix it unfortunately. It does actually accurately detect AVX2 support, but the compiler that we're using for Linux does not allow automatically generating multiple code paths for different CPU's. Which means 2 things:
- We cannot make it generate AVX-specific code.
- Even in places where we have manually written AVX2 code, the compiler refuses to compile it if we don't let it generate code for AVX2 by itself.

If I were to make it add AVX2 code, it would stop working on all systems that don't support AVX2.

So unfortunately I cannot easily fix this. The only easy solution appears to be to create separate binaries.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
hello Hans
i,m using the latest beta 9.92 beta 0.14 in stadalone 64 windows 10
without to have unregister functions i receive the voice message ...by the way i had the same problem and with the previous beta version 0.13...can you check this?
thanks'
Sure! Just in case, can you PM me your ini file? It's usually in C:\Users\username\stereo_tool.ini
so Hans
i have sent you a pm but not sure if you have time to read 📖 anyway in the spare computer now i,m runniong the latest beta ...but and with this i have the same problems...so i delete it and went back as same with air computer ...i will test all the others version in mine computer...
and again regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

BETA026 is posted! Most important change is that there's now a multi-instance STXtreme beta firmware. Please read the text on top of the post before trying it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:42 pm 

BETA026 Factory reset switching Operating mode back to Basic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:44 pm 

Quick question/request about Speech Detection: Could we get just the bass-killing properties of SD in the Basic license? I'm not talking about the detection and automation algorithms themselves since those would probably need to stay part of Advanced Dynamics.

A quick all-in-one manual toggle to reduce TB/ND/BX/AGC threshold & main linking would be handy for anybody. I think this would be a good bonus especially since there's no wet/dry for True Bass outside of Speech Detection; just the -/+ 6db synthesis slider.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

BETA031 is available. Most changes only impact the STXtreme multi-instance and Enterprise versions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quick question/request about Speech Detection: Could we get just the bass-killing properties of SD in the Basic license? I'm not talking about the detection and automation algorithms themselves since those would probably need to stay part of Advanced Dynamics.

A quick all-in-one manual toggle to reduce TB/ND/BX/AGC threshold & main linking would be handy for anybody. I think this would be a good bonus especially since there's no wet/dry for True Bass outside of Speech Detection; just the -/+ 6db synthesis slider.
What would the purpose of this be? That you can enable it manually during speech programs?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
BETA026 Factory reset switching Operating mode back to Basic
Some time ago we asked here what people thought was a logical behavior for a factory reset - and most people indicated that resetting *everything* was what they would expect. So that's why we changed this. There were a number of settings that Factory Reset ignored, this was probably one of those.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:31 pm 

Quote:
What would the purpose of this be? That you can enable it manually during speech programs?
Basically, yes. I can't sleep or passively watch TV with the same bass I like to actively listen to; and toggling into speech mode is easier than setting up and managing two different presets, especially when changing a non-bass-centric setting. I don't use the detection methods because a lot of times commercials with music break this behavior.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1326 Next