All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1026 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:51 pm 

My CPU is doubling or quadrupling after changing Processing Latency sizes a few times. New GUI, but I doubt that's related.

I could sit around 8 percent on 4096 all day. Then after I change to 128 and back, it suddenly starts to hover in the high 30's when nothing else has changed.
Attachment:
st-cpu-992-11.png
st-cpu-992-11.png [ 120.5 KiB | Viewed 1774 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
My CPU is doubling or quadrupling after changing Processing Latency sizes a few times. New GUI, but I doubt that's related.

I could sit around 8 percent on 4096 all day. Then after I change to 128 and back, it suddenly starts to hover in the high 30's when nothing else has changed.

st-cpu-992-11.png
Does it stay that high? I've tried it a few times here, and after about 10 seconds the display is back to where it started. It does show something like what you see in your screenshot for a few seconds though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Does it stay that high?
Yes, it does. What do I need to PM you? sts and ini?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Does it stay that high?
Yes, it does. What do I need to PM you? sts and ini?
Just ini. Does it reproduce every time? And which exact version are you using (I see it's the new GUI, but Enterprise or normal ST? 32 or 64 bit? Or Winamp plugin?)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:03 pm 

Quote:
Just ini. Does it reproduce every time? And which exact version are you using (I see it's the new GUI, but Enterprise or normal ST? 32 or 64 bit? Or Winamp plugin?)
Sent. It does seem to reproduce every time. Win64, non-enterpise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Sent. It does seem to reproduce every time. Win64, non-enterpise.
Great, it reproduces here! I'll look into it tomorrow.

Edit: It's something in Absolute Highs. Haven't looked at the code yet but I turned everything else off and the CPU load remains high.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:35 am 

I'm running ST with a Bluetooth dongle that was disconnected, so now lots of echo.
http://snide.fun:8000/tgs2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:17 am 

By the way, I'm using Stereo Tool on a PC running Windows 7, with 2 outputs. One going to Virtual Audio Cable and then to the streaming program. The other output goes to the USB Bluetooth card, which was connected to a Bluetooth receiver upstairs; that receiver is plugged into an FM block-wide transmitter. I unplugged everything upstairs on Friday, and yesterday the mess of jumbled echoey audio on the streaming started.
I've only had that audio mess once before, and that was when the Bluetooth receiver was shut off for a few minutes. When I restarted Stereo Tool, everything worked again that 1st time. Maybe Stereo Tool just isn't good with Bluetooth peripherals.
I'll be able to fix it when I get back to the broadcast's location, but ST should automatically detect these problems or at the very least restart and refresh itself once a day or so if the user wants it IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:12 am 

Quote:
By the way, I'm using Stereo Tool on a PC running Windows 7, with 2 outputs. One going to Virtual Audio Cable and then to the streaming program. The other output goes to the USB Bluetooth card, which was connected to a Bluetooth receiver upstairs; that receiver is plugged into an FM block-wide transmitter. I unplugged everything upstairs on Friday, and yesterday the mess of jumbled echoey audio on the streaming started.
I've only had that audio mess once before, and that was when the Bluetooth receiver was shut off for a few minutes. When I restarted Stereo Tool, everything worked again that 1st time. Maybe Stereo Tool just isn't good with Bluetooth peripherals.
I'll be able to fix it when I get back to the broadcast's location, but ST should automatically detect these problems or at the very least restart and refresh itself once a day or so if the user wants it IMO.
Every program detects all your sound devices, and all other devices by ID, once you add or remove some device, in this case sound devices, the ID list changes. So you just probably need to set input/output devices again and all should work again. It's never good to add or remove devices on the fly when something is using it. That's exact reason why such devices are not recommended to be used for FM, they know to easy disconnect/reconnect for many reasons, and make a mess. I would never use USB device or worse, BT anything for this task. Idk what that BT receiver is, but i would rather put some PC and make Network connection to PC1 and send audio over network.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:52 am 

Thanks! I'll just turn off the FM output in ST that was set to the Bluetooth card and try something more stable. I don't have another extra computer upstairs, where it can get hot sometimes during the day. If I left the computer in the heat like that it probably would damage the internals. The Bluetooth transmitter and receiver are linked below, and using MME.

Long Range USB Bluetooth 5.1... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KG7QQ5V?re ... b_ap_share
1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092MBHBRJ?re ... b_ap_share

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1026 Next