All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 726 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I tried out ST Enterprise again, and it seems like the buffers are more consistent while seemingly not being affected by the suggested/custom BlockSize adjustments. I don't know if this is a GUI issue, but I'm using the new one.

I'll be using Enterprise primarily since I get much fewer underrun restarts for some reason. I haven't tried on OLD GUI, but I doubt this part is GUI related.
I can't explain this... It should behave the same. Unless you have a very small output buffer, the new code is better at "starting in the middle" than the old code.
Quote:
Actually, for some reason, neither FM nor Normal seem to be restarting upon buffer issues in Enterprise. And the buttons to restart the soundcards do not solve the sync issue that develops. Should this go in the new GUI thread?
That restart button isn't implemented yet - I'm not really sure what it should do (probably restart the I/O for *all* instances). I think restarting when the buffer gets out of range is also not implemented - I'll add it to the todo list!
Quote:
In v9.91 I'm still having the trouble with FM Output as detailed in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&p=71285#p71285

To summarise - for some reason I cannot use FM Output to send to the alsa-loop to use for streaming purposes, with Normal Output used for listening on the hifi. Doing this throws up an error message about sampling rate, so I have to revert to using FM Output to listen with, and Normal Output to send to streaming.

I don't use any FM transmitters, I only stream. All the FM related features are turned off.

Is this a bug or intentional?
FM requires a higher sample rate (it usually runs at 176.4 or 192 kHz), so I'm guessing that the also-loop doesn't like that. I would advise to use Normal Output for streaming anyway, since the FM output needs to be downsampled again before it can be streamed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be using Enterprise primarily since I get much fewer underrun restarts for some reason. I haven't tried on OLD GUI, but I doubt this part is GUI related.
Actually, for some reason, neither FM nor Normal seem to be restarting upon buffer issues in Enterprise. And the buttons to restart the soundcards do not solve the sync issue that develops. Should this go in the new GUI thread?
Found it. There were 2 ways to restart sound cards, and only one of them worked - and both these things used the other method. So it actually was implemented, it just didn't work. Tonights build will fix this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:48 pm 

Quote:
FM requires a higher sample rate (it usually runs at 176.4 or 192 kHz), so I'm guessing that the also-loop doesn't like that. I would advise to use Normal Output for streaming anyway, since the FM output needs to be downsampled again before it can be streamed.
Weird, on my FM Output (win64 standalone/enterprise, new GUI), I am able to use my 48khz ASIO device just fine as long as the Transmitter is disabled. Upon enabling the FM Transmitter, the audio stops, and I'm warned of needing a higher sample rate. I'm pretty sure this guy just wants to have a second output at 48khz like I seem to be able to manage. Am I the one experiencing the bug?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:12 pm 

most of the links for Beta 9.92-004 (June 14 2022) are 404.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 pm 

The Windows 64 bit standalone leads to a 404 error right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:23 pm 

Quote:
I've pulled release 004 for now, there's still a bug in the startup/window size behavior. Waiting for a fix for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:33 am 
Site Admin

BETA005 is uploading now, main change is that in the Enterprise version the sound card restart and buffer recovery work now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:51 pm 

oh, i kinda likes the old meter behavior, the new one is sort of backwards when it operates (9.92 beta 5).

Attachments:
beta5.jpg
beta5.jpg [ 16.73 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:46 pm 

Quote:
oh, i kinda likes the old meter behavior, the new one is sort of backwards when it operates (9.92 beta 5).
it IS backwards.
Anyway, when we are on that bar..
- Why all sliders still does not have right and center click function? Same is for many places in old and new gui too.
- Why that bar is so jumpy with lower buffer values, however in new GUI and only in Input Sync section is nice and steady.
- Any chance for that 'buffer filling' numerical percentage in old gui?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
it IS backwards.
Anyway, when we are on that bar..
- Why all sliders still does not have right and center click function? Same is for many places in old and new gui too.
- Why that bar is so jumpy with lower buffer values, however in new GUI and only in Input Sync section is nice and steady.
- Any chance for that 'buffer filling' numerical percentage in old gui?
for me, im not so into the fancy GUI looks, i prefer advanced displays and advanced settings over "candy" looking GUI's and simpleton settings.
i havent tried ST 10 because it seems the GUI and settings are geared for "dummies" and i dont like that, unless there is a checkbox to revert the GUI to "advanced" for people like me. (i have not read the thread discussion completely)
not that i mind this backward meter operation, it still functions like before, i just have to get used to seeing this way however, i suspect new users will be quite confused with it because i sure was when i first saw it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 726 Next