All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2226 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:08 pm 

Beta62, Compressor/MB bug, gone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:01 pm 

GUI bug, when gui is horizontaly shrinked maximally, it freeze whole gui.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you remember which page you were on? And what size is Windows set to (if you have a 4K screen it's probably set to 150%)? I've tried to reproduce it here but I can't make it happen. If you can reproduce it, please tell me *exactly* what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Do you remember which page you were on? And what size is Windows set to (if you have a 4K screen it's probably set to 150%)? I've tried to reproduce it here but I can't make it happen. If you can reproduce it, please tell me *exactly* what to do.
I'm on 2K with 133 scaling, it happens on any page. Gone back to beta58 but still same.

edit: found that it's fine in beta48 and starts to happen in beta50.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Solved! Please download the latest version, BETA063.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:06 pm 

Quote:
Yes it's ok now.
Thimeo ST-Enterprise - Windows 32 bit (not an installer, at most 2 instances) - possible to make this build for old gui?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yes it's ok now.
Thimeo ST-Enterprise - Windows 32 bit (not an installer, at most 2 instances) - possible to make this build for old gui?
No, enterprise is all new-gui now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:40 pm 

What's with the quiet helicopter sound when using StereoTool with my USB sound card? Bug? It's been there as long as I can remember. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdp2w9w0ldlkw ... 9.mp3?dl=0
Changing the low pass setting makes it faster and slower, or makes it disappear entirely. But it shouldn't be there to begin with. I've also heard this sound very quietly on real radio stations during periods of dead air.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:49 pm 

Quote:
What's with the quiet helicopter sound when using StereoTool with my USB sound card? Bug? It's been there as long as I can remember. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdp2w9w0ldlkw ... 9.mp3?dl=0
Changing the low pass setting makes it faster and slower, or makes it disappear entirely. But it shouldn't be there to begin with. I've also heard this sound very quietly on real radio stations during periods of dead air.
That's not ST, probably samplerate missmatch with soundcard.
What Soundcard? What is samplerates in soundcardS, windows and ST ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you have the Quality slider all the way down, and "Ignore high frequencies" enabled? If so, if there is also a DC offset on your sound card, that could cause this. If you really need to run at such extremely low quality settings, you could set the highpass filter to not phase linear, that should get rid of it, at least of what's caused by the DC offset of the sound card.

Now you say that you've heard it on other radio stations during dead air, but that could only happen if they too have a DC offset in the sound card, which seems unlikely (having a DC offset is rare, and it needs to be rather large for this effect to become audible). And they would also need to be running at a very low quality setting.

Do you know if those stations are using Stereo Tool?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2226 Next