All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1526 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible to send CT (Clock Time) more then once per minute?
I don't think so. There's no way to transmit seconds, so we need to send it exactly when the minute starts.
I know about seconds, was just asking for maybe 3 or atleast 2 times per minute.
With what purpose?

We can't transmit them later, by sending a CT message we're telling the receiver that "Right now it's EXACTLY 12:28". So if we send that again 30 seconds later the receivers clock would be lagging by 30 seconds.

But, what would the purpose be of sending it more often? What are you trying to achieve?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:37 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so. There's no way to transmit seconds, so we need to send it exactly when the minute starts.
I know about seconds, was just asking for maybe 3 or atleast 2 times per minute.
With what purpose?

We can't transmit them later, by sending a CT message we're telling the receiver that "Right now it's EXACTLY 12:28". So if we send that again 30 seconds later the receivers clock would be lagging by 30 seconds.

But, what would the purpose be of sending it more often? What are you trying to achieve?
Because if i tune in on station in exactly 23:45:04 the clock will not be shown on display for next 56 seconds.
That clock does not show seconds anyway, so atleast 3 refreshes per minute would be nice, one refresh ofc exactly on minute change.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:16 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With what purpose?

Because if i tune in on station in exactly 23:45:04 the clock will not be shown on display for next 56 seconds.
That clock does not show seconds anyway, so atleast 3 refreshes per minute would be nice, one refresh ofc exactly on minute change.
Oh. I have never seen a radio that actually uses this. I always figured receivers would use it to set their internal clock, not to display what the station that you're tuned into transmits. If it's display-only it indeed doesn't matter, but if the receiver sets its clock it does.

Edit: I looked up the specs. They explicitly say that you must send it once per minute, exactly on the minute mark. So we cannot transmit it multiple times per minute without breaking the standard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With what purpose?

Oh. I have never seen a radio that actually uses this. I always figured receivers would use it to set their internal clock, not to display what the station that you're tuned into transmits. If it's display-only it indeed doesn't matter, but if the receiver sets its clock it does.

Edit: I looked up the specs. They explicitly say that you must send it once per minute, exactly on the minute mark. So we cannot transmit it multiple times per minute without breaking the standard.
ok then, case closed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

I see that I forgot to post that BETA040 is available now. And the new Pi image (one image for MicroMPX encoder/decoder, Stereo Tool and PiMP) is finished.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

BETA042 is posted.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Nothing important changed since BETA043, but BETA044 is posted. I don't have time to edit the opening post now, but if anyone wants to download it, go ahead. The ARM 32 bit builds are still running; I'll probably create a post once they are ready, which will be by the end of the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:28 am 
Site Admin

The ARM 32 bit builds are ready now, and I have posted the update.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:18 pm 

When buffers overflow in Beta 35 and later, it's a harsh popping and stuttering sound for a few seconds before resetting. In beta 31 it's almost completely transparent when the buffer overflow happens, going quiet for a fraction of a second instead.

ASIO, stand-alone, new gui x64. Also happens with Enterprise. Is this an anomaly of the new I/O layer?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
When buffers overflow in Beta 35 and later, it's a harsh popping and stuttering sound for a few seconds before resetting. In beta 31 it's almost completely transparent when the buffer overflow happens, going quiet for a fraction of a second instead.

ASIO, stand-alone, new gui x64. Also happens with Enterprise. Is this an anomaly of the new I/O layer?
The non-Enterprise versions use the old I/O layer. So I don't think so, assuming that you just the non-Enterprise new GUI version?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1526 Next