All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.90
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:56 am 

Can someone tell me what this 5th meter of the AGC is showing? I can't find it in any manual, which is very poor by the way.

Attachments:
stereotool.jpg
stereotool.jpg [ 233.98 KiB | Viewed 3293 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:25 pm 

Quote:
Can someone tell me what this 5th meter of the AGC is showing? I can't find it in any manual, which is very poor by the way.
It's a wideband AGC that does nothing to your sound, but it allows you to couple the individual bands of the multiband AGC to it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:08 pm 

Anyone know when the next major release (v10) is due to come out?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:25 pm 

Quote:
Anyone know when the next major release (v10) is due to come out?
I think between a 14 days and few years...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am 

Quote:
Hello!

Since I've upgraded to 9.90 the audio of the streaming radio station I listen to keeps getting Louder, then it starts to fade out slowly (like the song is ending) but then it'll start fading back it.

I've even tried resetting all settings, then just selecting "Dutch Chocolate Moose" as my preset. It still happens.

I'm using the Winamp version, if that makes a difference?

Does anyone else hear the same problem listening to this stream for a couple of minutes? https://radio.muppetz.com:5001/jj [This is just my own personal restream of an Australian Radio Station, but no processing is done on the restream, it just comes in/out of an icecast instance]

This is really driving me crazy! If I listen to the stream via VLC (no steretool) there's no audio pumping.
This is a Windows problem of some sort. I am finding the same problem with Spotify now. Sorry for poluting the thread and thanks to those that helped me debug (even though there was nothing to debug)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:49 am 

I noticed a bug in streaming. When metadata is turned on, and Stereo Tool is streaming to an Icecast server, it causes the audio to stop for a second during track change (I have a crossfading plugin so notice it). I assume with Stereo Tool, when it's sending the new track data it causes it to freeze until done.
I think the amount of time spent stopped depends on the Internet connection, but not sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 am 

So actually, this is a problem with Stereotool.

What's happening is, with Stereotool 9.90 running under Winamp, it "grabs" the Microphone. That is the Microphone icon appears in the Taskbar and when I look at what it thinks is using it, it says it's Stereotool.

If I roll back to 9.83 Winamp build, the same problem doesn't happen.

So the bug with the audio fading in/out is because the Mic is active and there's some sort of thing going on there.

But why is Stereotool grabbing any Microphone in the Winamp build?

So yea, the audio fading bug was a side-effect of the actual issue, which is Stereotool 9.90 Winamp DSP build grabbing the microphone when it starts up.

Thanks! Happy to provide more debug/logs/screenshots if it helps.

Thanks,
Tim

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:10 am 

Quote:
Ok quick update:

I think I have found where the problem is.

It seems if you have the 'Spectral Hole Filler' enabled, under the Delossifier' section.
This stops 'Bass Exciter' from working.

I found this on my test machine, while trying to find which setting was stopping
Bass Exciter from working.
I just found this too, soon as I turn on Delossifier, Bass Exciter stops working. Thanks for the fix, at least!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I noticed a bug in streaming. When metadata is turned on, and Stereo Tool is streaming to an Icecast server, it causes the audio to stop for a second during track change (I have a crossfading plugin so notice it). I assume with Stereo Tool, when it's sending the new track data it causes it to freeze until done.
I think the amount of time spent stopped depends on the Internet connection, but not sure.
What player are you using, and is Stereo Tool running inside it? Because a crossfading plugin can also cause weird issues if it's in the same group of plugins as Stereo Tool.

Even if sending metadata would block Stereo Tool for a moment (I haven't checked yet if it does) that shouldn't cause an issue since there's enough buffering available to catch up afterwards. So I'm not sure if this is the issue. But please first tell me if Stereo Tool and the crossfade plugin are both running as plugins in the same program.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
So actually, this is a problem with Stereotool.

What's happening is, with Stereotool 9.90 running under Winamp, it "grabs" the Microphone. That is the Microphone icon appears in the Taskbar and when I look at what it thinks is using it, it says it's Stereotool.

If I roll back to 9.83 Winamp build, the same problem doesn't happen.

So the bug with the audio fading in/out is because the Mic is active and there's some sort of thing going on there.

But why is Stereotool grabbing any Microphone in the Winamp build?

So yea, the audio fading bug was a side-effect of the actual issue, which is Stereotool 9.90 Winamp DSP build grabbing the microphone when it starts up.

Thanks! Happy to provide more debug/logs/screenshots if it helps.

Thanks,
Tim
Oh! You're right! Wow... I think I changed some default values at some point, not realizing that this would cause side effects in the not-stand-alone versions. Fixing it now, next beta should be ok again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next