All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.90
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:06 am 

Ok quick update:

I think I have found where the problem is.

It seems if you have the 'Spectral Hole Filler' enabled, under the Delossifier' section.
This stops 'Bass Exciter' from working.

I found this on my test machine, while trying to find which setting was stopping
Bass Exciter from working.

Note:
I have the 'Difference' button enabled under the 'Bass Exciter' section, so that I can
see when the Output is showing a wave form.

As you can see from the 1st image below, with the 'Spectral Hole Filter' enabled
the Output is just a flat line, showing that the Bass Exciter is not working.

The 2nd Image with the 'Spectral Hole Filter' disabled, the Output now shows a
wave form, meaning that the Bass Exciter is working.

Is this correct, or should the Bass Exciter be working with the Spectral Hole Filter
enabled, and this is just a bug I have found?
Attachment:
File comment: Spectral Hole Filter - Enabled
Spectral Hole Filler_ON.png
Spectral Hole Filler_ON.png [ 205.25 KiB | Viewed 3906 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Spectral Hole Filter - Disabled
Spectral Hole Filler_OFF.png
Spectral Hole Filler_OFF.png [ 76.98 KiB | Viewed 3906 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:34 pm 

Quote:
Hi Hans,

Thank you for this latest release :)

I wonder if you can advise me on the following:

I see that you have added, 'Highs Exciter' and 'Bass Exciter' in this new release.

I have enabled both of these new settings, but when I press the 'Difference' button, on the
'Bass Exciter' it only shows a 'flat line' on the 'Output' waveform graph.

When I do the same for the 'Highs Exciter' the waveform then shows the
difference i.e. it is oscillating up and down.

Therefore, is there another setting that you know of, which may be effecting
the 'Bass Exciter' from working which I may have inadvertently turned on?

Please see below for screenshots.

Thanks in advance
Mark
hello, all is well for the evaluation that I made on your post, there is an input gain, this one will also cause some noises in your AUDIO as it passes through the processor and declipping tries to make the correction...

Attachments:
ST .jpg
ST .jpg [ 111.55 KiB | Viewed 3776 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:43 pm 

when turning off legacy agc...
64 bit stand alone version 9.90 windows 64 bit
appears to just be GUI glitch at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
  1. The Winamp version sometimes hangs (buffers?) when a new instance is started.
  2. Had an error message that a device wouldn't support 48kHz (it does) when opening a 2nd instance once, though everything worked fine. Cannot reproduce anymore.
  3. Old 'Flat frequency response' was removed from settings file. Just mentioning it in case it's an oversight and not intentional.
  4. Sound is different (louder, more mids) with tested profiles. Still investigating what's the cause.
We have an automatic test process and compared all the built-in presets... So this would be very strange. Do you have a specific preset in which this happens, and a description of steps to reproduce it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:17 am 

I tried making a bug report topic last week but it never showed up. The labels in Spectral Hole Filler to Never or Always generate highest frequencies (via extreme tweaker) are reversed. Choosing "Never" rebuilds the frequencies, confirmed by the output spectrum and external recording software.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:01 pm 

Ultimate GUI bug:
Legacy AGC > Press 'Hear' > Compressor in same AGC > Press 'Hear'.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:50 am 

Hello!

Since I've upgraded to 9.90 the audio of the streaming radio station I listen to keeps getting Louder, then it starts to fade out slowly (like the song is ending) but then it'll start fading back it.

I've even tried resetting all settings, then just selecting "Dutch Chocolate Moose" as my preset. It still happens.

I'm using the Winamp version, if that makes a difference?

Does anyone else hear the same problem listening to this stream for a couple of minutes? https://radio.muppetz.com:5001/jj [This is just my own personal restream of an Australian Radio Station, but no processing is done on the restream, it just comes in/out of an icecast instance]

This is really driving me crazy! If I listen to the stream via VLC (no steretool) there's no audio pumping.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:11 am 

Quote:
Hello!

Since I've upgraded to 9.90 the audio of the streaming radio station I listen to keeps getting Louder, then it starts to fade out slowly (like the song is ending) but then it'll start fading back it.

I've even tried resetting all settings, then just selecting "Dutch Chocolate Moose" as my preset. It still happens.

Does anyone else hear the same problem listening to this stream for a couple of minutes? https://radio.muppetz.com:5001/jj [This is just my own personal restream of an Australian Radio Station, but no processing is done on the restream, it just comes in/out of an icecast instance]

This is really driving me crazy! If I listen to the stream via VLC (no steretool) there's no audio pumping.
I heard your stream for about 10 minutes and it sounds ok. But the levels are too low, around -9 dB (Peak) / -20 LUFS. That levels are too low for some devices.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:57 am 

Quote:
Hello!

I reset all settings, chose dutch chocolate moose, and listened for a while. Nothing like what you're saying. (VST 32bit)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:05 am 

Quote:
I reset all settings, chose dutch chocolate moose, and listened for a while. Nothing like what you're saying. (VST 32bit)
Oh man now I have to check if I'm not going insane.
I swear to god I hear this. I might record a copy of the stream to see if I can reproduce it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next