All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1420 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:51 pm 

Sorry but I found a bug. StereoTool cannot find my USB soundcard for input. No WASAPI, Kernel, or MME.
All other soundcards work.

Could this be because the USB device is only one channel for input, mono?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081D ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:24 pm 

Quote:
Sorry but I found a bug. StereoTool cannot find my USB soundcard for input. No WASAPI, Kernel, or MME.
All other soundcards work.

Could this be because the USB device is only one channel for input, mono?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081D ... UTF8&psc=1
It's kinda not bug, it's just the way how soundcards detection is done. My USB mic on my headset is also not visible, but on same headset, headphones are visible.
Funny thing is if you set that input device as default in windows and set Default device in ST as input, it works just fine.. so it's just not in ST's list.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Update: BETA026 is available.

The biggest new thing is that there's a new ST-Enterprise build. ST-Enterprise is our multi-instance version of Stereo Tool.

It's based on a new I/O engine, which has a lot of benefits compared to the existing one (which we eventually want to migrate to the new engine as well, but that means replacing something that has been tested for several years - so we'll do that after we have confirmation that the new I/O engine doesn't break anything). Making changes in sound card settings now has less impact (often no impact) on other sound cards. And both inputs can now synchronize separately to the output sound card clock.

If you want to use ST-Enterprise to run multiple instances, you need special licenses, but the first instance works with a normal license. So as long as you use only one instance you can basically just replace the normal Stereo Tool by ST-Enterprise. (If you want it to use the same settings file, just rename the executable to StereoTool.exe).

Note: ST-Enterprise does not have support for streaming yet. Everything else should work the same way as in the normal stand alone versions of Stereo Tool.

BETA026 also fixes a crash in BETA024 and some earlier beta's if the R128 meter was enabled.

(No changes yet in the browser popup.. changing the installer is pretty difficult)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:03 pm 

Acording to how Input Sync works i prefer old/normal ST. Also my usb mic still not on list so nothing new there. Also is something done about input2 sync? Can't test it, i need 32bit ver on site..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Acording to how Input Sync works i prefer old/normal ST. Also my usb mic still not on list so nothing new there. Also is something done about input2 sync? Can't test it, i need 32bit ver on site..
What difference do you see in input sync? It should have been the same.

I can create a 32-bit build just for testing this specific thing, but for multi-instance, a 32 bit version will run out of memory as soon as you add more than 1 extra instance. (The 64 bit version supports upto 100).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I can create a 32-bit build just for testing this specific thing, but for multi-instance, a 32 bit version will run out of memory as soon as you add more than 1 extra instance. (The 64 bit version supports upto 100).
1. Sync kinda too much chasing buffer up and down, you can even see blue bar how goes up and down, while normal ST doing it in small movements.
2. I need one instance and only to test input2 if something is done there about overfilling input1 buffer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:54 pm 

Quote:

The biggest new thing is that there's a new ST-Enterprise build. ST-Enterprise is our multi-instance version of Stereo Tool.

It's based on a new I/O engine, which has a lot of benefits compared to the existing one (which we eventually want to migrate to the new engine as well, but that means replacing something that has been tested for several years - so we'll do that after we have confirmation that the new I/O engine doesn't break anything). Making changes in sound card settings now has less impact (often no impact) on other sound cards. And both inputs can now synchronize separately to the output sound card clock.

If you want to use ST-Enterprise to run multiple instances, you need special licenses, but the first instance works with a normal license. So as long as you use only one instance you can basically just replace the normal Stereo Tool by ST-Enterprise. (If you want it to use the same settings file, just rename the executable to StereoTool.exe).

Note: ST-Enterprise does not have support for streaming yet. Everything else should work the same way as in the normal stand alone versions of Stereo Tool.

BETA026 also fixes a crash in BETA024 and some earlier beta's if the R128 meter was enabled.

(No changes yet in the browser popup.. changing the installer is pretty difficult)
this is very interesting, please let us know the license prices.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:05 am 

Quote:
It's kinda not bug, it's just the way how soundcards detection is done. My USB mic on my headset is also not visible, but on same headset, headphones are visible.
Funny thing is if you set that input device as default in windows and set Default device in ST as input, it works just fine.. so it's just not in ST's list.
Any chance this will get fixed/updated? What could be causing the non-showing of some devices? I imagine the mono channel. But unfortunately some mics and audio inputs are mono.
For now another workaround is to use Virtual Audio Cable's "Audio Repeater" application to patch the hidden mono card into a Virtual cable which works in ST. But this requires another program to be open on my PC.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:33 am 

Quote:
It's based on a new I/O engine
Can you share some insight into the new I/O engine?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Sync kinda too much chasing buffer up and down, you can even see blue bar how goes up and down, while normal ST doing it in small movements.
2. I need one instance and only to test input2 if something is done there about overfilling input1 buffer.
Can you send me your exact settings so I can see what's going on? With the default settings I get adjustments of around 0.0001% or so, so nothing like what you're describing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1420 Next