Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
|Latest version - Beta 038 (April 15 2022)
- DeReverb is still missing from Repair section
- Legacy AGC meters missing
- Update version numbers
- Add/update presets
- Fixed detilted waveform in MicroMPX Decoder
- Fix CPU & Wideband compressor displays in old GUI
- WatchCat license issue (Mathijs)
- MicroMPX name/description field for each encoder/decoder
- MicroMPX return time stamps in ENCODER library
- MicroMPX+ builds (library)
- Fixed trigonometry bug in optimized demodulator in MicroMPX decoder library
- NEW GUI Windows/Linux beta's!!!
- MacOS multi-instance TODO: new-gui build
- MicroMPX: Pi image: Add updating with recovery like in STX, sound card configuration, upload backup file, rebooting to GUI, temperature, CPU load. BUSY
- MicroMPX: Switching between streams without hiccups (wait for keyframe, set buffer positions at the correct location)
- ST-Enterprise: Support streaming input
- ST-Enterprise: Support streaming output
- MicroMPX: Add 2040 as parameter in feed function in lib, check sample number always > 0 and <0 for FEC, maybe add sync mode without actually calling sync, + function to read sync value
- Command line version: Add support for mono files (and 24 bit too maybe)
- Bojcha: changing Latency 4096 to 2048 and back, makes error: claimbigf: inuse! Same when changing Audio quality.
- WatchCat: Check OGG encoding, seems to be VBR, not configurable? (Sjoerd W)
- Distortion caused by limiters in MB's causes issues if not using Hear. See post + preset Bojcha. Not a new issue.
- Setting "Clip" in Multiband 1 (check others) to "off" lowers output level by 1 dB!
- Speech scrambler
- Weird audio in L-R section after Stokkemask clipping with silence as input (at -108 dB at 16 kHz, so not an urgent issue)
- Pilot has a harmonic (?) at 62100 Hz after 16-bit dithering (at -110 dB). Why?
- MicroMPX: Create file format
- Speech detection: Also link MB band 1 to band 2.
- "Quality" display show actual CPU load effect, 25-100%, 50 default
- GPS report in Stereo Tool: 153600 -> 192000
- BS412: Check bass filtering. Doesn't appear to work, and display shows compression when more bass protection is there. See recordings Sebastian K (D:\sts\Seb*)
- Add "Save" which saves to last opened (what does that mean though?) .sts file, and asks to save on close, so we always have a way to go back.
- Preset compare, A/B mode with either 2 stored presets or 2 active presets that you can switch between.
- Check: Clip highest frequencies harder, check if that improves multipath issues. First test would be to lower the lowpass filter.
- MicroMPX: Fix 2nd input; MicroMPX: Show source (origin port?) of last decoded packet, maybe also show other active origin ports. show duplicates in a different color in the graph? See check for originPortAllowed for separate streams. Maybe add checkbox to skip originPortAllowed check, if that does not yet exist.
- M1 cross compile
- If lowpass filter is used, maybe filters can ignore high frequencies as a performance improvement. Maybe even in Stokkemask etc!
- TEST CRASH WHEN DISCONNECTING INTERNET WHEN STREAMING - Windows 7 only, apparently.
- Finish BIMP/STAMP interfaces?
- 2w: Slow license code on startup
- Is a few % phase wobbeling a good idea to improve stereo image and flat frequency response in rooms?
- Sub-presets (Declipper, Voice detection)
- MB1 band linking: instead of making it 3 to 2, make it 2 to 3
- STX: AES67 NIC selecting fails sometimes, probably due to booting too fast.
- Fix web interface slow animation
- PNR message which settings changed
- Speech detection: Different settings (presets?) for English/Dutch vs Spanish (different S sounds). Different settings for music radio, talk radio etc LATER
- MicroMPX for left/right audio? AM?
- Startup screen with reseller logo STXtreme?
- Email/SMS alerts via cloud
- Gates must work on loudest channel when combining channels? (Wes)
- Speed linking in dynamic speed mode: Release slowest behavior a bit faster on big drops
- Advanced Clipper Bass Killer: Add dynamic behavior (lower strength if there are mids, for example)
- Improve Highs vs Rest calculation, it's now incorrectly adding up levels. Is it necessary to use real RMS? (Maybe not, verify with random noise ON HIGHS)
- Login: Per session, Update editable status, Hide things, Show warning when trying to change something without access
- Put backup file upload in web interface for MicroMPX
- STX: Edit whitelist on unit
- Pi PiMP stand alone BUSY
- Pi AM stand alone
- ABE GUI BUSY
- Add "Comb phase"-like test tone to uMPX (FB chat Cleiton Araújo)
- MicroMPX: Silence detector with backup player (timeout - threshold - time ok before going back to stream)
- MicroMPX: Check if LZSS does anything useful (probably not) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUYNoFRHQI
- Clipper detect where highs are killed and compensate for that
- Block multiple instances (avoid running multiple Stereo Tool instances with the same settings)
- STX: Overview page with meters
- MicroMPX decoder 2nd port number - with pull-down menu, and indices.
- LiquidSoap/Centova setup manual, maybe add some features
- Improve ABDP
- Compressor with curve drawer
- Disable stereo widening when detecting low bitrate MP3s
- Add checkbox under Delossifier to make Absolute Highs fix highs.
- STX: Split high frequency tilt
- BS412 bug: For Quality > 100, the compressors are off by a few dB (probably 1.5x or 2/3rds).
- How to synchronize HD?
- Measure HifiBerry stereo separation -> Improved from 35 to 55 dB. Make RC work with Ignore high frequencies -> Later
- Loudness project
- Tom aan de Stegge remarks email 30 september 20:23 - change many defaults
- Support rewindowing with different Quality/Size settings. Will give better HPF performance and make lower CPU load possible, and PPM patch points.
- Linux command line version with AES67 input so output can be streamed - seems to be useful... Other options (run a script for the output) might be easier.
- PhoneBooster make Pi version
- MicroMPX needs exception handling, just in case.
- WatchCat replace files instead of placing them elsewhere. For playout systems.
- WatchCat add CMD /C
- Input and output gain for command line version (like for sound card)
- Dynamic adjustment of priorities
- Sooth effect
- Installer: Make installer aware of programs like MediaMonkey, AIMP, .....
- Declipper handle resampled audio better (upsample, find oversampling spikes, then detect based on what remains)
- Console version: Read sample rate and bit size from WAV header
- # bands selections should allow option to insert a band instead. Or ask what to do when you change it.
- AES67 thread affinities and priorities
- Add resampler
Latest version - Beta 037 (April 14 2022)
- New GUI: Fixed input sound card initialization and unknown-values-in-pulldowns-in-new-web-interface issues.
- New GUI: Finish last few remaining pages and post beta. BUSY
- New GUI: STXtreme make separate PWarning for I/O timing stuff - Later, just hiding message on front panel for now
- WebGUI: MicroMPX top bar size between menus
- Check minimum latency for Bass Exciter -> Done, disabled for below 1024
- ASIO hangup detection bug fixed, could be triggered when combined with other devices with much higher block sizes.
- Verified that STXtreme works
- MicroMPX: Reduce maximum speed adjustment further.
- Put in new presets (not yet finished)
Latest version - Beta 035 (April 7 2022)
- Efficient FM demodulator in MicroMPX (3 hours, rest of the time is full-time NEW_GUI work)
- Finished (?) parameter set redesign for NEW_GUI. Old one should still be ok.
- JSON interface now supports some of the meters. (1 hour)
Latest version - Beta 033 (March 29 2022)
- BS412 in low latency mode is extremely slow, appears to be waiting for something (CPU load is low but usage is 99.9% on all cores). - Extreme amount of calculations per 128-sample block. Should be solved (or at least greatly reduced) now.
- MicroMPX: Distortion/buffer issues reported by Mathijs - appears to be a sound card hardware issue
- MicroMPX: Reading logging in web interface kills web interface. - Hopefully solved, was outputting logging inside a lock that blocked all other web traffic.
- Reduced memory usage by about 90 MB by sharing memory between components. This may also have give a small improvement in caching behavior.
Latest version - Beta 032 (March 27 2022)
- Finished more NEW_GUI pages. Nearly done. (Some of the changes also slightly affect the old GUI)
- BIMP: Disabling Input 2 didn't disable The BIMP! So it kept processing and adding audio, and the meters all looked enabled.
Latest version - Beta 031 (March 21 2022)
- Fix "Advanced RDS" upgrading and UECP setting
- New GUI: Finish Advanced Clipper page
Latest version - Beta 030 (March 12 2022)
- Reduced memory usage by about 120 MB (if you're not zoomed in in the waveform displays)
- Stand alone version checks for a file ".st.no_low_latency". if that exists it does not create the low latency thread which saves another 200 MB (debug mode, still need to measure release)
- Added New GUI test build (not yet public).
- Added Relay to list of beta programs.
- New GUI: Cleaned up a lot more pages, almost done.
- STXtreme: BETA028 broke I/O. Should be fixed now, but not yet tested.
Latest version - Beta 028 (March 4 2022)
- Changed how to select ASIO/AES67 devices. Updating from previous beta's will fail (from the released 9.83 version is ok).
- Add speech detection to Bass Exciter
- ST-Enterprise: Remove Kantar warning in multi-instance version
- Relay: Add support for AF frequencies (untested)
- FM Analyzer window speeds not correctly coupled
- Add better nag!
- Replaced "blocking" checkboxes by a single checkbox under Configuration.
Latest version - Beta 027 (February 21 2021)
- Added exciter: Create highs with "slow follower", original microphone idea! Try what happens with dynamic scaling of follow speed.
- ST-Enterprise: Check Bojchas report about input synchronization jumps.
- New GUI: Lots of missing parameters added.
Latest version - Beta 026 (February 15 2021)
- Finished Enterprise version I/O code rewrite, first new beta in a few months!
- If no ASIO device is selected, fall back to PortAudio mode
- Fixed crash in previous beta's if R128 meter was enabled at 44.1 kHz
Latest version - Beta 024 (February 9 2021)
- Bojcha: Still weird sound in BETA022, asked for more info -> Fixed L/R calculation in Phase Limiter, result also has more stereo at the same settings.
- PARAM_StereoFixPhase_MaxPhase: Make this work better for phases > 90 degrees.
- Lowpass filter was partially still enabled in Bypass mode for non-FM, solved.
- MicroMPX: Minor offset in pilot/RDS levels due to rounding error fixed (worst case was a 0.07 dB difference, that's now 0.03 dB)
- MicroMPX: RDS appears to have an offset of 1 sample.
- Optimize MicroMPX change
- Check Tom's SCDevice add/remove counter thing, it's not cleared when an instance is closed with failed channel claims (since it won't be released).
- AudioWrapper: Move DIRECT_SOUNDCARD_OUTPUT_samplerate to AudioWrapper
- Check MicroMPX API issue for DROPOUTINFO_DROPOUT
- Selected ASIO output for input 2 gives errors if Input 2 is not enabled
- ST-Enterprise: Turning device off while turned on elsewhere and in error mode can fail, both in the same and between instances. Fixed that, and sample rate difference between input/output for same device check.
Latest version - Beta 022 (January 29 2021)
- Fixed crashes in BETA021
- ST-Enterprise: No error when trying to open the same sound card at 2 different sample rates simultaneously from 2 instances, but hangs and doesn't try to reopen anymore, even after changing sound card.
- When ASIO is selected but not enabled, non-ASIO settings must be highlighted.
- Stereo Image bad a bug (a + instead of a * somewhere) that caused audio to be smeared out in time. Bug must have been there for years. Many of the Stereo Image-based filters sound better now.
- AGC matrix mode: Added relative threshold per band, allowing more stereo widening for certain bands.
Latest version - Beta 021 (January 28 2021)
- ST Enterprise: Full framework redesign finished
- ST Enterprise: Added AES67 support
- AES67: Multiple instances can now decoder AES67 simultaneously on the same system.
Latest version - Beta 018/019 (January 20 2021)
- AES67 support on Linux and Mac added
- Stereo Image: "L-R Phase shift" added. This gives the "Veronica '90s stereo" effect, if anyone is interested in that. This in combination with some stereo widening tends to sound warmer and wider, and extremely panned music (Beatles, Stairway to Heaven) sounds much more pleasant.
- AES67: Multiple instances can now decoder AES67 simultaneously on the same system.
Latest version - Beta 017 (January 17 2021)
- Bass Exciter: Added phase sliders, added protection against phase cancellation in 3rd harmonic
Latest version - Beta 016 (January 15 2021)
- Bass Exciter filter added to Bass Effects
- New GUI: "Weird settings GUI"-pagina. With an overview of what currently are warnings (Noise gate doing too much, audio level too low) and other possibly wrong and hidden settings (Dehummer learning mode enabled).
- Fixed issue with wrong cleanup filter level after Multibands with very big < 0 Density slider values. Affected some built-in presets a bit as well.
- Bug fix: \+64 - \+99 for RT+ could cause crashes.
- ST-Enterprise: Support LiveWire input and more code rewrites
- RDS parser: Ignore weird characters at start of Unicode files (UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32).
- Optimized new bass exciter filter, MUCH lower CPU usage
- When you upgrade from an older version, Mono Bass is enabled and FM is disabled (so it was clearly enabled for the stream), the new separate streaming Mono Bass settings are copied from the old shared Mono Bass settings.
Latest version - Beta 015 (January 5 2021)
- [*]Before-tilt waveform on FM output display of MPX Decoder doesn't work anymore
[*]Mono Bass etc for streaming currently not possible.
[*]LPF difference mode doesn't work
[*]Fixed Auto EQ display (GUI bug, broke in previous beta)
[*]ST-Enterprise: Buffer filling display for shared inputs is wrong, probably related to resampling issue.
[*]ST-Enterprise: Something goes wrong if multiple inputs use the same sound card + synchronization. The input buffer in instance 1 was very full, which did somehow have no effect on instance 1 but caused instance 2 to speed up, causing its output buffers to drop.
[*]ST-Enterprise: On re-open of already existing sound card, the read position for that target must be set.
[*]Waveform zoom in broken in old native and web interface
[*]Waveform zoom icons wrong in web interface
Latest version - Beta 014 (December 25 2021)
- [*]Small GUI fix: Some waveforms were redrawn too often.
[*]ST-Enterprise: Fixed most of the Input 2 resampling issue when multiple inputs share the same sound card and require different resample values.
Latest version - Beta 013 (December 24 2021)
- [*]Fixed VST crash
[*]Password protection: Make STX auto-logged-in for native interface, and add option for excluding the native GUI.
Latest version - Beta 012 (December 23 2021)
We are working on a number of large changes in Stereo Tool, which require a lot of code rewriting. This takes time, and those large changes are not yet completely ready for a beta release, which is why it has taken quite a while since the last beta release.
The code rewrites also broke the existing behavior, but everything seems to be ok again now. Which is why I could finally post a beta version again. Most of the changes are under-the-hood.
- [*]Streaming processing: Stereo filter to improve streaming audio quality at lower bitrates.
[*]Streaming: Updated IceCast libShout from 2.4.1 to 2.4.5
[*]Clipper Multipath Stereo: Now only active for FM, and it now works for anti-phase audio for values > 90 degrees.
[*]STX: Add Username/Password login option with a list of users with different rights.
[*]STX: Added I/O settings to front panel.
[*]New GUI/STX: Remove inactive filters from top bar
[*]Added LiveWire channel detection
[*]MicroMPX: Added version number to web interface.
[*]MicroMPX: 64 bit ARM build audio issue: Compiler bug caused weird audio glitches in the 64 bit ARM build.
[*]MicroMPX: Added baudrate setting for GPS NMEA input.
[*]MicroMPX library: Added pilot and RDS level info
[*]MicroMPX library: Added mono only mode (upto 15 kHz, requires version 4.1.3 on both ends) for a specific customer. Let us know if you are interested in this for the normal builds as well.
[*]MicroMPX decoder library: Added estimated sample number in sync mode to match time stamps with ancillary data.
[*]MicroMPX decoder library: Added audio demodulator.
[*]MicroMPX decoder library: Allow bigger delay (upto 15 seconds instead of 9).
[*]MicroMPX encoder library: Replaced NIC index (which pointed back to ParSet) by NIC string.
[*]Under-the-hood: Lots of code changes that affect parameters and other things. (Look up what else for release notes).