All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 9.80
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 9.80 is released!

New download link:
https://www.thimeo.com/downloads/stereo-tool/
(The old download page still works as well, it still indicates that it's version 9.70, due to a CMS problem I can't change that).

• Added Speech detection, part of the Advanced Dynamics license. Can be used to control Natural Dynamics, AGC, Bass EQ, True Bass, Immersive Bass.
  • I/O: Updated I/O library (PortAudio) to nightly build from June 28 2021, which has several bug fixes compared to the 19.7.0 release.
  • I/O: Certain sound cards/Windows versions have issues with block sizes they report they prefer, option added to overrule defaults (in Extreme Tweaker mode).
  • I/O: Wasapi non-exclusive mode now has priority over exclusive mode, because some drivers have problems with exclusive mode (hiccups/gliches).
  • I/O: Increased maximum SFN delay (between 2 MPX outputs in the FM sound card settings; someone needed that to use it for a different goal).
  • AES67: Added x4 upsampling to make 48 kHz AES67 work in STX together with ASIO at 192 kHz. Tested with LiveWire.
  • AES67 now has priority over ASIO in the settings.
  • GUI: Added current PI code to FM info display, so you can see if UECP etc works well.
  • GUI: Simplified CPU presets.
  • GUI: ShoutCast 2 does not fully work (song info doesn't work), so until that is solved, the GUI now clearly says "ShoutCast 1".
  • VST version: Removed deprecated settings warnings. Due to how VST's work we can't reliably detect when this message should be shown.
  • Added internal ASIO glitch counters (not yet exported to GUI).
  • Some small performance optimizations (replaced sqrt(x) by x * 1 / sqrt(x), which is less accurate but faster, among others).
  • Bug fix: Linux Jack version: Fixed crash on startup.
  • Bug fix: External RDS input in Stereo Tool: Fixed drifting pilot on certain inputs.
  • Bug fix: MicroMPX Encoder with external RDS input in Stereo Tool: Fixed pilot frequency issue (it was wildly drifting).
  • Bug fix: Dehummer: Switching to a different sample rate wasn't detected (same data was used to remove noise instead of being disabled).
  • Bug fix: Simple clipper was not disabled in Bypass mode in version 9.70.
  • Bug fix: Web interface: AES67 NIC selection didn't work in web interface due to a bug in pulldown menu's.
  • Bug fix: Web interface: After opening a large number of web interface instances, an error could occur, which could kill the web interface.
  • Bug fix: Webserver: Massive replies (> 262144 bytes) contained extra bytes.
  • Bug fix: True Bass was incorrectly compensating for possible audio levels in subsequent filters; fixed and legacy setting added for existing presets.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Scopes disabled mode wasn't loaded correctly from the ini file.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Multiband compressor agressiveness (via Quick Adjust or via Aggressiveness/multipliers) was not displayed in Max Speed slider values.
  • Bug fix: OS X: I/O: Input didn't work on some sound cards since version 9.70, and microphone access wasn't requested correctly on Catalina and Big Sur.
  • Bug fix: Command line version: Fixed R128 True Peak issue (with certain TP values, it could think that it was done too soon and not clip the peaks at all).
  • Bug fix: Linux version: Affinity masks were ignored (core pulldown did work, mask did not).
  • Bug fix: Generic plugin version: Fixed memory leak.
  • Bug fix: Generic plugin version: Web interfaces didn't work correctly when multiple instances were opened.
  • GUI: Spectrums: Reduced memory usage for 32 bit VST and ARM versions.
  • GUI: Spectrums: Scaled drawing in internal interface.
  • STXtreme: Added AES67 settings.
  • STXtreme: Clicking Thimeo logo takes you to Quick Adjust.
  • STXtreme: Improved error messages for ASIO timing issues (which SHOULD never happen, but now if they do we know why).
  • STXtreme: Fully zooming out on waveforms in web interface caused audio glitches, which in turn triggered the hardware watchdog which caused a reboots.
  • STXtreme: Show RDS data in web interface.
  • STXtreme: HD diversity delay didn't work.
  • STXtreme/SST web interfaces: Support for 4K screens in waveforms, spectrums etc.
  • Generic plugin version with built-in sound card support: Added I/O menu.
  • Updated presets.
  • Added MB Recaster Free to Winamp plugin installer.
  • MicroMPX+ low bitrate and variable bitrate modes added. Lowest supported bitrate is 176 kbit/s. Requires at least version 4.1.0 for both sides to work.
  • MicroMPX Decoder: Bug fix: Forward Error Correction for V4 encoding could in rare cases cause weird sounds to be played when packets were recovered.
  • MicroMPX Encoder: GUI: Added average achieved bitrate display.
  • MicroMPX Decoder: Improved filtering overlap in ARM builds, slightly higher CPU load (relatively 3% higher for Cortex A9, 10% for Raspberry Pi).
  • MicroMPX Decoder: backup player: Improved backup player behavior, it now also kicks in after multiple short drops.
  • MicroMPX Decoder: Bug fix: Dropout silence times were sometimes reported incorrectly.
  • MicroMPX library: umpxGetDecoderStreamVersion missing from library.
  • MicroMPX library: send/receive ancillary data.
  • MicroMPX library: Added dropout reporting function.
  • WatchCat: Added automatic detection of ffmpeg if extracted to C:\, more locations to be added if people request them.
  • WatchCat: Bug fix: Made it impossible to delete or edit built-in presets.
  • Declipper separate program: Works again, ready for a new release.
  • New "Relay" tool, to listen to relay inputs via a sound card and send RDS commands, initial version.

Known issues (reported in this forum thread or elsewhere):
  • Mac version crashes when loading preset file with affinity info Fixed for stand alone, now also reported and not yet tested for VST plugin
  • GUI: Max Attack/Release Speed values are displayed incorrectly (the behavior is not affected)
  • Command line version: Linux large files
  • Command line version: Error end of file, why?
  • Command line version: Flashing meters fixed, might also perform a bit better.
  • Old preset with no "Legacy" clipper mode setting available: Automatically upgrade to new clipper settings without asking (now upgrades to the way to mid-heavy version). Same for built-in presets that use "Improved" clipper mode, since for built-in presets, sounding good is more important than sounding exactly the same as a year ago.
  • "After updating to Stereo Tool Version 9.80 the STS file polling no longer works. Can You confirm that?" -> Config settings aren't loaded, changed now.
  • UECP issue with / , and All ?!?
  • GUI: Clicking on "SB" doesn't take you to the SB settings

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.80
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:14 pm 

The new website looks awesome! Just yesterday, I was trying to get a friend to grab ST, and they saw the full FM price before anything else, and instantly noped out.

Secondly, One of the best features of the Advanced Dynamics package, in my opinion, doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on it still: and that's bands 3 and 4 for the AGC. I've been evangelizing ST to content producers for the awesome AGC benefits, which are most obvious (well, transparent) when in 3/4 band mode.

Third, the License Info doesn't want to pop or whatever is supposed to happen when I click the button on the various places on the website.

edit: Also, when registering yourself, it's required to choose Mr or Ms? It's 2021 dude. Either remove the requirement or add a third option for non-binary folks who don't like to go by either, such as Mx.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The new website looks awesome! Just yesterday, I was trying to get a friend to grab ST, and they saw the full FM price before anything else, and instantly noped out.

Secondly, One of the best features of the Advanced Dynamics package, in my opinion, doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on it still: and that's bands 3 and 4 for the AGC. I've been evangelizing ST to content producers for the awesome AGC benefits, which are most obvious (well, transparent) when in 3/4 band mode.

Third, the License Info doesn't want to pop or whatever is supposed to happen when I click the button on the various places on the website.

edit: Also, when registering yourself, it's required to choose Mr or Ms? It's 2021 dude. Either remove the requirement or add a third option for non-binary folks who don't like to go by either, such as Mx.
Hm, there is a marketing advise to show the highest price first, and then when people see the price for what they need is lower... but I guess it might work in both directions.

Good point @ 3/4 bands, and I need to add speech detection now too.

Agree about the Mr/Ms choice, they web developers used an existing web store solution that for some reason requires this (I've asked them to remove it before, and they couldn't easily do it). But, we're not using it anywhere, so I'll ask if they can for example just hide it and pick some default.

The site isn't completely finished yet (that's why the old one is still there - there are also still some "lorum ipsum"-texts here and there), I'll look into the license info.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:25 pm 

Mac version is still 9.70?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Hm, there is a marketing advise to show the highest price first, and then when people see the price for what they need is lower... but I guess it might work in both directions.

Good point @ 3/4 bands, and I need to add speech detection now too.

Agree about the Mr/Ms choice, they web developers used an existing web store solution that for some reason requires this (I've asked them to remove it before, and they couldn't easily do it). But, we're not using it anywhere, so I'll ask if they can for example just hide it and pick some default.

The site isn't completely finished yet (that's why the old one is still there - there are also still some "lorum ipsum"-texts here and there), I'll look into the license info.
1: Interesting. I trust the research, but it's probably professional industry-based and not hobbyist streamer-based. If it works to sell more FM licenses then that's way probably more profitable.

3. Cool, that should be satisfactory, I'd think. As long as it doesn't show up in one's email with an honorific, that is?

4: Ah, of course. That makes sense. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:09 pm 

edit - question answered on another topic by HVZ.

Last edited by EliteData on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:24 am 

The Linux version segmentation fault on start.

Running ldd on the executable says that it is missing sections headers: file too short.

File corrupt or something like that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:41 pm 

Same problem here, all linux 64 binaries say 'Segmentation fault' on Ubuntu 21.04.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Ow! I have a new pc. And I reinstalled my FTP client. But its transfer type is set to "Auto" instead of "Binary". And apparently, for files without an extention it defaults to binary. Re-uploading now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 pm 

Thanks, i have a working version now :)