All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.80
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:08 pm 

Quote:
The new website looks awesome! Just yesterday, I was trying to get a friend to grab ST, and they saw the full FM price before anything else, and instantly noped out.

I remember buying stereotool and I enjoyed it a lot. I then bought omnia 9 ptn and that did wonders. Though I did like that stereo tool could sound like any processor (if you know your stuff).

I must say it was a very good price and purchase!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Hans! I'll let you know!

EDIT: Found that the VST32 bit plugin, running inside BreakawayOne, is only taking about a quarter of the screen with the interface, the rest of the screen is filled with white space and the window cannot be re-sized. Otherwise, so far, so good.
I'm guessing you have a 4K-screen? The problem here is that whether the software should support 4K or not depends on the host application (Breakaway in this case), if there's a mismatch you can either get a too small or (much worse) too big display.

Was the previous version ok though? Because then it might be better to just turn 4K-support off completely for the VST. (I thought that the previous version had similar issues, but I might be wrong).
Not 4k, I'm not that fancy. It wasn't perfect before. Normally, I could resize the screen and it would snap to fill the box. But now, that's not working and I can't re-size the window.
This happens with me as well. It's always like this in the declipper plugin. For BAOne i maximize, move to another monitor so it redraws, then un-maximize to get it back at the correct size of the window. I've never been able to resize the window and have it work properly, manually. I had to map size constraints to a hotkey. It's handy though since I use it across windows for many apps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Mac version is still 9.70?
Shouldn't be? It's the new build, I just verified it.
Now it does, indeed. Only now the program crashes immediately after starting. I'll mail the log to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Minor - if you click on window "SB" it sends you to the processing menu, not to single band.
Odd, it works fine here. The new GUI is nearly ready so I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this anymore, but could you send me your settings file so I can try to reproduce it with that? I think it's settings dependent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

A few minor (and one not-so-minor, for Mac) have been reported, this is a bug fix build. If no further bugs are reported I will run a new release build this weekend.

Latest version - Beta 001 (September 2 2021)

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • Mac version crashes when loading preset file with affinity info Fixed for stand alone, now also reported and not yet tested for VST plugin
  • Old preset with no "Legacy" clipper mode setting available: Automatically upgrade to new clipper settings without asking (now upgrades to the way to mid-heavy version). Same for built-in presets that use "Improved" clipper mode, since for built-in presets, sounding good is more important than sounding exactly the same as a year ago.
  • GUI: Max Attack/Release Speed values are displayed incorrectly (the behavior is not affected)
  • Command line version: Linux add support for large files (>4 GB)
  • Command line version: Error end of file, why? - does not happen with normal .wav files, ignore...
  • Command line version: Flashing meters fixed, might also perform a bit better.

Known issues (reported in this forum thread or elsewhere):
  • VST resizing (Declipper)
  • Update DLL version numbers
  • Update version number
  • MicroMPX: Some minor Pi performance optimizations
  • Mac version crashes on close on Big Sur TEST BUILD RUNNING... -> Does not reproduce, and no longer happens on the system of the person who reported it after removing the .stereo_tool.rc file.
  • CPU settings: Latency mode 2 cores 2 threads didn't set affinity for the sub-core.
  • VST Declipper CPU settings are a mess, removed most of them (not relevant anyway)
  • GCC FFT compiler settings
  • GUI: Clicking on "SB" doesn't take you to the SB settings (does not reproduce here)
  • Foto front panel met kleur
  • RELEASE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Minor - if you click on window "SB" it sends you to the processing menu, not to single band.
Odd, it works fine here. The new GUI is nearly ready so I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this anymore, but could you send me your settings file so I can try to reproduce it with that? I think it's settings dependent.
This has been happening with me as well. I just tried to figure out what the behavior is, and I think I got a clue. VST32

I clicked on the AGC meters few times to 'reset' it.
Clicking on SB meter goes to main page
Clicking back on any other meter takes you to the correct page
Immediately clicking back on SB meter takes me back to the main page.
Repeats a few times on various other meters then back on sb. Always leads to main page
Then from SB (taking to main) to Natural Dynamics then Noise Gate (not auto eq like previously reported) meters
Clicking back on SB meter brought me to Natural Dynamics!
So it seems to be acting like a "back" feature sometimes?

Clicking on SB meters many times keeps me on main page. Does reproduce.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:17 pm 

There's a new clipper?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
There's a new clipper?
No, but there have been several updates in the last 2 years, but when upgrading from for example Stereo Tool 9.20 (from 2018) the sound was changed but could actually be worse (in some ways), because some new settings didn't get the proper values. That's now fixed. If you come from a recent version there's no issue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Some more fixes.

Latest version - Beta 002 (September 4 2021)

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • VST resizing (Declipper)
  • Update DLL version numbers
  • Update version number
  • MicroMPX: Some minor Pi performance optimizations
  • Mac version crashes on close on Big Sur TEST BUILD RUNNING... -> Does not reproduce, and no longer happens on the system of the person who reported it after removing the .stereo_tool.rc file.
  • CPU settings: Latency mode 2 cores 2 threads didn't set affinity for the sub-core.
  • VST Declipper CPU settings are a mess, removed most of them (not relevant anyway)
  • GCC FFT compiler settings

Previous (BETA001) changes/bugfixes
  • Mac version crashes when loading preset file with affinity info Fixed for stand alone, now also reported and not yet tested for VST plugin
  • Old preset with no "Legacy" clipper mode setting available: Automatically upgrade to new clipper settings without asking (now upgrades to the way to mid-heavy version). Same for built-in presets that use "Improved" clipper mode, since for built-in presets, sounding good is more important than sounding exactly the same as a year ago.
  • GUI: Max Attack/Release Speed values are displayed incorrectly (the behavior is not affected)
  • Command line version: Linux add support for large files (>4 GB)
  • Command line version: Error end of file, why? - does not happen with normal .wav files, ignore...
  • Command line version: Flashing meters fixed, might also perform a bit better.

Known issues (reported in this forum thread or elsewhere):
  • GUI: Clicking on "SB" doesn't take you to the SB settings (does not reproduce here)
  • Foto front panel met kleur
  • RELEASE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 pm 

You have the new Declipper links?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next