All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1017 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2nd PC i just can't make KS to work with Realtek (ALC887), straight Realtek input and Realtek output for FM. It seems input is problem, constantly stutters. Wasapi and MME are always OK..
Don't know what else to try, i really want to use KS.
Did it work on this pc in older versions? (9.63 or before)?
Tried first 9.70, same, now im on 9.71b20. One of PCs are still here with me, it soon need to go to transmitter site. On 1st one i just set MME and it works since then, This one here works fully normal with wasapi. But as i said i expect KS to work best, a hair smaller impact on cpu AND with smallest possible latency.
Thing is i quickly instaled BreakawayOne since there is KS there too. And it works, no stuttering, BUT it has bigger latency then what i can make with ST and wasapi. Latency was actually almost 1 sec. And with ST and wasapi i can make it around 150ms with room for error.

Will test 9.53 now...
Wasapi is so bad in 9.53, KS even worse only MME is fine. And only input makes problems.
Hm.. ok, so least the latest version works better than the older versions. So I don't have to go back to the old PortAudio version.

Can you copy the latency settings from Breakaway and see if those work? I assume it must be using HUGE block sizes if the latency is this big.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that is generally indicative of a sample timing issue, i have this same issue as well but using ST output to HDMI audio device.
buffer slowly filling means device sample rate is slightly lower than ST sample rate (ex. 47,999 > 48,000).
buffer slowly emptying means device sample rate is slightly higher than ST sample rate (ex. 48,001 > 48,000).
if there was a way to fine-tune the sample rate on ST to match that of input/output devices, this issue could be resolved.
That fine-tuning happens automatically on all inputs and outputs EXCEPT for input 2. So you shouldn't have problems with this unless you use input 2.
So another feature that exists but nobody cant really use it.
We are working on it... The new I/O layer code for the multi-instance version still contains some bugs that need to be fixed, once that's done we can easily fix issues like this one, and put that new I/O layer in all the other versions as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Beta 028 shows 027 stand alone 64bit
Whoops. It is the correct version though, the version number is just wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Beta 028 shows 027 stand alone 64bit
Whoops. It is the correct version though, the version number is just wrong.
OK. I saw that there was also a beta027 and suddenly beta028 released

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 pm 

It does say nothing in changes, but wasapi and mme are working even more stable in beta029.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It does say nothing in changes, but wasapi and mme are working even more stable in beta029.
Ah. I did update PortAudio a few betas ago, maybe you skipped that version? (I just checked and that was BETA020, so I guess you did test that version. I haven't changed anything since).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:12 am 

Since we now have the ability to affect the input level of the plugin and have it audible when bypassed, can we also get the ITU 1770 Loudness meter enabled during Bypass as well? I often find myself saving and resetting just to enable it to get a comparison reading.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:48 am 

Quote:
Since we now have the ability to affect the input level of the plugin and have it audible when bypassed, can we also get the ITU 1770 Loudness meter enabled during Bypass as well? I often find myself saving and resetting just to enable it to get a comparison reading.
Thanks!
we have ITU 1770 Loudness meter ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:38 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Ah. I did update PortAudio a few betas ago, maybe you skipped that version? (I just checked and that was BETA020, so I guess you did test that version. I haven't changed anything since).
Yes, i was on beta020. Actually "Via Suggested" does not work now. "No" is ok and "Via Block Size" is kinda ok, bit strange sync activity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:05 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!
we have ITU 1770 Loudness meter ?
Now you got me I'm second-guessing it... but yeah I was under the assumption that's what the thing is on the primary processing page under the Levels adjustment in the ITU 1770 measurement box. Advanced operating mode or higher.
Attachment:
st-loudness.png
st-loudness.png [ 12.88 KiB | Viewed 2337 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1017 Next