All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:09 pm 

Quote:
Bug fix: True Bass levels were calculated incorrectly if certain filters were placed after it. This caused some presets to have more bass than they originally had. Added a "Legacy" setting to choose between old and new behavior.

Interesting. I'll mess around with this. I generally put it near the end of the chain myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:09 pm 

Quote:
I just compared my 7 band multiband only (1 thread) it uses 9,1% CPU, and without "Dynamic Speed" it uses 3.9% CPU (again reported by ST). So almost 2/3 of multiband CPU usage is used by that filter only. Both are same peek mode jsut this thing On and off.

Checked, Wasapi broken on input.
Ok i now also compared SymmetricRMS mode in multiband. Whole MB is 18% Cpu Usage, and without "Dynamic Speed" is 6.8% so pretty much same difference as in peek mode. Actually bit worse diff then in peek mode plus overall more cpu usage.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I just compared my 7 band multiband only (1 thread) it uses 9,1% CPU, and without "Dynamic Speed" it uses 3.9% CPU (again reported by ST). So almost 2/3 of multiband CPU usage is used by that filter only. Both are same peek mode jsut this thing On and off.

Ok i now also compared SymmetricRMS mode in multiband. Whole MB is 18% Cpu Usage, and without "Dynamic Speed" is 6.8% so pretty much same difference as in peek mode. Actually bit worse diff then in peek mode plus overall more cpu usage.
Higher CPU load than peak? Do you by any chance have the "Heavy CPU (Compatibility)" option enabled? That increases the CPU usage of RMS mode by a factor 3 or 4 I think. It has no effect on Peak mode.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Release post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31003

Note: I can't change the version number that's shown on the old site anymore, due to a CMS issue. But it's version 9.80, not 9.70 as the page says.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:41 pm 

Thanks for the new version!
Where can I see the current version number then? The new site doesn't seem to show it at all. Only in the version history?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Higher CPU load than peak? Do you by any chance have the "Heavy CPU (Compatibility)" option enabled? That increases the CPU usage of RMS mode by a factor 3 or 4 I think. It has no effect on Peak mode.
hmm Yes. and it's by factor 6. 18.3% vs 3.1 with DS on. 1.6% without DS. Difference in audio is huge tho.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hmm Yes. and it's by factor 6. 18.3% vs 3.1 with DS on. 1.6% without DS. Difference in audio is huge tho.
Oh. I'll look into that. It shouldn't be. "Heavy CPU" was there because there's a bit of difference in the behavior, but it should be possible to make both sound the same (maybe with some small changes in settings).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thanks for the new version!
Where can I see the current version number then? The new site doesn't seem to show it at all. Only in the version history?
The new site isn't officially live yet, but it's almost... I noticed this too and will fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:51 pm 

How's input2 going? I am so much interested in fix, so i can actually set backup on every transmitter where i recently set ST.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:55 am 

is 9.70 beta version 46 the same as the released version 9.80 on the new website ?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next