All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1217 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:05 pm 

Tried beta 031 and everything seems to be working again and stable. Using Voicemeeter @44.1 for in and out. 1024 block size. Voicemeeter is locked to my on board Realtek card.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:12 pm 

Quote:
Hello Hans,

One thing: is it possible to exclude multipath stereo in normal output?
I don't see the point, if this output is usually going through codec and multipath is only needed for FM.

Or maybe additional line in menu, where this feature is excluded?
I use the mono bass feature of Multipath Stereo in the normal out for headphone fatigue reduction. I keep the settings so that only the bass is affected. If multipath is removed from Normal out, please at least retain the mono bass with frequency slider.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:48 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello Hans,

One thing: is it possible to exclude multipath stereo in normal output?
I don't see the point, if this output is usually going through codec and multipath is only needed for FM.

Or maybe additional line in menu, where this feature is excluded?
I use the mono bass feature of Multipath Stereo in the normal out for headphone fatigue reduction. I keep the settings so that only the bass is affected. If multipath is removed from Normal out, please at least retain the mono bass with frequency slider.
It comes in package :)
Also at wrong place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Also at wrong place.
I see. There seems to be a "Center Bass" setting under the stereo image page, but that doesn't have a frequency slider. If it did, I'd probably use that one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also at wrong place.
I see. There seems to be a "Center Bass" setting under the stereo image page, but that doesn't have a frequency slider. If it did, I'd probably use that one.
Why would you use center bass for streaming? There is not much difference in bass even if it’s badly encoded. But OK, why not.. However - if you use multipath FM for streaming, you loose stereo picture by a LOT. I figured it out when I compared Orban vs. ST. I just couldn’t get that stereo image wide enough. Then I disabled multipath and realised that it has impact, no matter which preference you choose for normal output.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:10 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Why would you use center bass for streaming? There is not much difference in bass even if it’s badly encoded. But OK, why not.. However - if you use multipath FM for streaming, you loose stereo picture by a LOT. I figured it out when I compared Orban vs. ST. I just couldn’t get that stereo image wide enough. Then I disabled multipath and realised that it has impact, no matter which preference you choose for normal output.
Streaming? I said I use it for reducing fatigue when listening on headphones (local playback). This is the closest thing to a binaural-like setting built into Stereo Tool. However, I'd not be against the implementation of something like the BS2B algorithm http://bs2b.sourceforge.net/ instead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 pm 

Minor issue in v9.71b34. Spectrum display in Absolute Highs is not working.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Minor issue in v9.71b34. Spectrum display in Absolute Highs is not working.
Oops, fixed. Also fixed the Latency AGC "Remove higher peaks" issue; the settings for band 1/2 and band 3 were swapped.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:04 pm 

Quote:
Oops, fixed. Also fixed the Latency AGC "Remove higher peaks" issue; the settings for band 1/2 and band 3 were swapped.
can you elaborate a bit more since i use the Legacy AGC exclusively ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
can you elaborate a bit more since i use the Legacy AGC exclusively ?
See this image. The "Remove remaining peaks above" settings for band 1/2 and band 3 were swapped, so if you load an existing preset in the last beta's, the values (130% and 454%) would be 454% and 130%.
Attachment:
AGC.png
AGC.png [ 46.15 KiB | Viewed 2107 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1217 Next