All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 817 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:09 pm 

Quote:
BETA020 is availalbe, with among others a new PortAudio version which fixes some bugs that were found since they released version 19.7 2 months ago. I don't have any problems with any version so I don't know if this improves anything for anyone, I did get one reply from someone who downloaded BETA019 that it worked better with ALSA on Linux.
Buffers kinda work nice now, i still have same problem with MME, it does not start from center of buffer, but everything else seems fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:43 pm 

2nd PC i just can't make KS to work with Realtek (ALC887), straight Realtek input and Realtek output for FM. It seems input is problem, constantly stutters. Wasapi and MME are always OK..
Don't know what else to try, i really want to use KS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
2nd PC i just can't make KS to work with Realtek (ALC887), straight Realtek input and Realtek output for FM. It seems input is problem, constantly stutters. Wasapi and MME are always OK..
Did it work on this pc in older versions? (9.63 or before)?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Tried first 9.70, same, now im on 9.71b20. One of PCs are still here with me, it soon need to go to transmitter site. On 1st one i just set MME and it works since then, This one here works fully normal with wasapi. But as i said i expect KS to work best, a hair smaller impact on cpu AND with smallest possible latency.
Thing is i quickly instaled BreakawayOne since there is KS there too. And it works, no stuttering, BUT it has bigger latency then what i can make with ST and wasapi. Latency was actually almost 1 sec. And with ST and wasapi i can make it around 150ms with room for error.

Will test 9.53 now...
Wasapi is so bad in 9.53, KS even worse only MME is fine. And only input makes problems.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:34 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tried first 9.70, same, now im on 9.71b20. One of PCs are still here with me, it soon need to go to transmitter site. On 1st one i just set MME and it works since then, This one here works fully normal with wasapi. But as i said i expect KS to work best, a hair smaller impact on cpu AND with smallest possible latency.
Thing is i quickly instaled BreakawayOne since there is KS there too. And it works, no stuttering, BUT it has bigger latency then what i can make with ST and wasapi. Latency was actually almost 1 sec. And with ST and wasapi i can make it around 150ms with room for error.

Will test 9.53 now...
Wasapi is so bad in 9.53, KS even worse only MME is fine. And only input makes problems.
having the lowest latency seems to dependent on the computer hardware, operating system and type of sound cards you use.
on this PC, i can attain latency of 30mS using WASPI but not 30mS with KS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:22 pm 

Question about input, why when input2 is ON, no matter what Asio or no Asio 48kHz,, 192.. buffer on input1 will start to overfill after some time?
https://i.imgur.com/wivmKwZ.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:54 pm 

Maybe it blew past me and has been fixed, but in 9.70, input #2, where does the url for vls stream go (as a backup) ?
Just can't find it...maybe I'm slow but hey hehe I'm norwegian :)

Finaly got a new old win machine to play with...running 10 pro and has alot of juice. So no more Mac demos here.

Have a nice summer, stay healty and dry.

MrDonT

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 8.47.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 8.47.23 PM.png [ 23.39 KiB | Viewed 2530 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 pm 

Quote:
Maybe it blew past me and has been fixed, but in 9.70, input #2, where does the url for vls stream go (as a backup) ?
Just can't find it...maybe I'm slow but hey hehe I'm norwegian :)

Finaly got a new old win machine to play with...running 10 pro and has alot of juice. So no more Mac demos here.

Have a nice summer, stay healty and dry.

MrDonT
If it could be used the input 2 with a stream as backup would be a very convenient feature... at last for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:21 pm 

Quote:
Beta 020 - I noticed a strange GUI issue when clicking on certain items in Multiband 2 (from Release up until Behavior)?
Still seeing something strange in Beta 025 (Standalone 32 bit). Multiband 2 --> Release until Detection?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

BETA028 posted

This new beta has an experimental, low bitrate version for MicroMPX (which requires a premium license). Note that while the normal MicroMPX is basically equal to transmitting a full uncompressed stream for all relevant metrics, this is probably not completely true for MicroMPX+. But, it can reach much lower bitrates (192 kbit instead of 320), with only a slight reduction in some metrics. Which makes it much more suitable for use on (often expensive) 4G/5G networks and satellite.

Let us know if you want to test this.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 817 Next