All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.70
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For those who are responding: Are you using specific settings for block size, or do the defaults work? If you're using specific values, please post them here, so we can see if there's a trend in which values are good or bad.
i strongly believe that the sample block sizes will vary greatly upon the users PC configuration, type of PCI/PCB hardware, CPU type and speed, their configuration of ST and the type of sound cards being used as well as the configuration of them, if applicable.
in my case, for my specific configuration, the block settings work the best at their lowest levels (160) for WASPI input and KS output @ 50mS, 48Khz sample rate matched all around, this is allowing windows to "take exclusive control of this device" for the input and output sound cards, internal to the laptop and HDMI external.
yes, there is an improvement since block sizes have been added, WASPI and KS usability and stability, and a decrease of latency by a marginal but noticeable amount.
im able to do an 8 hour test on ST monday to friday.
Yes, but I have also seen that certain sound cards ONLY work well on very specific numbers, and that's a sound card (driver?) thing, not a CPU speed thing. My webcam microphone only works at multiples of 320 bytes, when running at 32 kHz, which means multiples of excactly 1 ms (which might indeed mean that we need to support multiples of 441 and 480 as well). This is why I'm asking for feedback, all my other sound cards work fine at any size that's big enough, but clearly at least some sound cards require very specific sizes.
Since multiples of 441 might be needed as well, in the next build I've made it possible to step with size 1. It will take longer to reach a specific value, but hopefully that will make working values reachable for every sound card.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Continued here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30748

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:37 am 

Possible minor bug in the 9.70 release. Adjust volume still works if the simple clipper is enabled even when stereo tool is in bypass mode.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Possible minor bug in the 9.70 release. Adjust volume still works if the simple clipper is enabled even when stereo tool is in bypass mode.
Ah, Simple Clipper wasn't bypassed. Fixed.