All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.70
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:35 pm 

In my setup, ST uses VAC as WASAPI input, which is fine
Output is another VAC, which plays fine in MME and KS, but has stuttering in WASAPI.
VAC UFlows counter increases with every gap, and the gaps get larger the larger I set the block size. No size worked yet.

Playback into another virtual device (VoiceMeeter inputs) is fine in WASAPI

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:53 pm 

9.71-002 beide(32 64 bit) krijg ik de melding stereo tool werkt niet meer. Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 pm 

Buffer is not good with VAC now (MME), starting full, and stays there, sync cant fix it. Enabling Block size for input, and setting it at 960 samples (that should be ideal minimum for VAC).. It's ok again. Input Sync is too fast now.. lowering from 0.20% to 0.01. It's 'kinda' ok now. Buffer bar acts strange, constantly goes up and down, but sync numbers says all is good, audio also good. Enabling block size for output, stuttering everywhere.
KS not working also, Wasapi not working too.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:05 pm 

Good news: Locks up and stays locked in auto mode (1024) with WASPI, MME, and KS. I'm at 44.1
Bad News: Display runs slow, I can sometimes hear a frame drop, and some inputs don't show up as WASPi. Only MME and KS. Didn't have these issues in older versions.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
9.71-002 beide(32 64 bit) krijg ik de melding stereo tool werkt niet meer. Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Can you send me your .ini file? It's typically in C:\Users\username\stereo_tool.ini

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Buffer is not good with VAC now (MME), starting full, and stays there, sync cant fix it. Enabling Block size for input, and setting it at 960 samples (that should be ideal minimum for VAC).. It's ok again. Input Sync is too fast now.. lowering from 0.20% to 0.01. It's 'kinda' ok now. Buffer bar acts strange, constantly goes up and down, but sync numbers says all is good, audio also good. Enabling block size for output, stuttering everywhere.
KS not working also, Wasapi not working too.
So is this different from the previous beta? I had expected things to be the same with the override settings turned off...

I see what you mean with the buffer bar, that must be caused by having different sizes for input and output. So I guess it's indeed not the same as before then...

Yes, something is weird. I'm going to check what's wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I think I know what's happening now.

PortAudio has 2 parameters that determine how the sound card I/O works. One is a buffer size (in milliseconds), the other is a block size that's used to send or receive samples from Stereo Tool (in samples). I figured that it would make sense to set both to the same value. It looks like I was wrong, setting both causes all kinds of weird buffer behavior. So, we do need to set the buffer size (which affects how PortAudio talks to the sound card), but leave the block size unspecified. I've set the buffer behavior back to how it was before, and the buffer size still determines how the actual I/O to the sound card is handled. This looks a lot better. It's also different from BOTH previous beta's.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:47 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Can you send me your .ini file? It's typically in C:\Users\username\stereo_tool.ini
.ini sturen lukt niet geeft het volgende aan als ik bestand selecteer en op Add the file klik
The extension ini is not allowed

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
.ini sturen lukt niet geeft het volgende aan als ik bestand selecteer en op Add the file klik
Stuur 'm even naar hans@thimeo.com

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stuur 'm even naar hans@thimeo.com
Gedaan!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next