All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.70
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
For those who are responding: Are you using specific settings for block size, or do the defaults work? If you're using specific values, please post them here, so we can see if there's a trend in which values are good or bad.
i strongly believe that the sample block sizes will vary greatly upon the users PC configuration, type of PCI/PCB hardware, CPU type and speed, their configuration of ST and the type of sound cards being used as well as the configuration of them, if applicable.
in my case, for my specific configuration, the block settings work the best at their lowest levels (160) for WASPI input and KS output @ 50mS, 48Khz sample rate matched all around, this is allowing windows to "take exclusive control of this device" for the input and output sound cards, internal to the laptop and HDMI external.
yes, there is an improvement since block sizes have been added, WASPI and KS usability and stability, and a decrease of latency by a marginal but noticeable amount.
im able to do an 8 hour test on ST monday to friday.
Yes, but I have also seen that certain sound cards ONLY work well on very specific numbers, and that's a sound card (driver?) thing, not a CPU speed thing. My webcam microphone only works at multiples of 320 bytes, when running at 32 kHz, which means multiples of excactly 1 ms (which might indeed mean that we need to support multiples of 441 and 480 as well). This is why I'm asking for feedback, all my other sound cards work fine at any size that's big enough, but clearly at least some sound cards require very specific sizes.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:34 am 

I'm still having the occasional lockup when running VLC streams.

The problem reliably happens if the incoming stream is interrupted, usually due to an internet outage at one end or the other.

Hans suggested I make sure I had the current VLC version. I've done that.

Running VLC through ST works fine, otherwise.

ST restarts without issue, but it has to be done manually.

I'm running this configuration through 3 computers. All have the same problem.

Now running ST v9.7, though this started with earlier versions.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:40 pm 

Quote:
I'm still having the occasional lockup when running VLC streams.

The problem reliably happens if the incoming stream is interrupted, usually due to an internet outage at one end or the other.

Hans suggested I make sure I had the current VLC version. I've done that.

Running VLC through ST works fine, otherwise.

ST restarts without issue, but it has to be done manually.

I'm running this configuration through 3 computers. All have the same problem.

Now running ST v9.7, though this started with earlier versions.
I have the same problem when try to use a stream for input...

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:27 pm 

i see 64Bit Beta 8 is released, what are the changes ?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Nothing, only changes to the MicroMPX backup player and WatchCat (> 4 GB support for WAV files).

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:03 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Nothing, only changes to the MicroMPX backup player and WatchCat (> 4 GB support for WAV files).
I don't know if this was already known in BETA 008. AGC gain reduction is not visible on the meter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Beta 8 is the first one I've tried, but it seems the Dehummer breaks output for me. It appears to process everything correctly, according to the scope. However with the LQLL on for monitoring, I hear plenty of "skipping."

I haven't tried many other permutations yet, to narrow it down. But I noticed it stays "enabled" after changing a CPU/buffer setting.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Beta 8 is the first one I've tried, but it seems the Dehummer breaks output for me. It appears to process everything correctly, according to the scope. However with the LQLL on for monitoring, I hear plenty of "skipping."

I haven't tried many other permutations yet, to narrow it down. But I noticed it stays "enabled" after changing a CPU/buffer setting.
I see no problems with it in BETA008. Could it be a CPU load issue? And is this something that didn't happen in older versions? (We have not touched the Dehummer in a long time, so that would be odd).

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I see no problems with it in BETA008. Could it be a CPU load issue? And is this something that didn't happen in older versions? (We have not touched the Dehummer in a long time, so that would be odd).
It works just fine in 9.70. It seems to be that when I use the dehummer learning with LQLL on, the LQLL threads go to max usage and the sound starts skipping with huge gaps as soon as i tell it to stop collecting data. However upon saving the dehummer section settings and loading them up into another preset, it works as it should. Does it seem to have a problem disengaging the learning mechanism perhaps? Using ASIO, so the new buffer settings shouldn't have come into play.

Here's an error I got while enabling the continuous learning shortly after collecting data during this poor performance mode. Tried raising the core count to no avail. (win 10 64 20h2, 64 bit version of stand alone)

Attachments:
20210531-Dehummer-LQLL-01.png
20210531-Dehummer-LQLL-01.png [ 8.66 KiB | Viewed 4098 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

@MrKlorox Found & fixed. Wasn't a new problem though, this must have been there for years...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next