All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 914 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:38 pm 

Quote:
Regarding Bypass mode: does this still bypass the Low Input Level Correction or the Output level in the plugin menu? Would that be a reasonable thing to add an exception to?

What about in the new GUI having a Bypass Processing button that's separate from the current implementation (Bypass All)? This would keep things like static level corrections enabled for quick A/B-ing how a preset would sound compared to level-corrected unprocessed audio. It would also be nice for things like the ITU 1770 loudness meter to stay enabled as well in such a Bypass Processing mode.

Thanks!
I agree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:08 pm 

Hi Hans,

after debugging on another mac also with Catalina, it seams that Stereotool never asks for permission to use audio input/microphone.
That ends in a kAudio_ParamError with no reference number.

(The Console utility gives a deeper access to whats going on and are better to read than the massive scrolling "log show" command in Terminal.)
Code:
Requested application <private> has policy 0, associated category:DH1009 associated sites:(null) equivalent bundle identifiers:com.thimeo.www
Code:
{ID: com.thimeo.www, PID[40648], auid: 501, euid: 501, binary path: '/Applications/ThimeoStereoTool.app/Contents/MacOS/stereo_tool'} attempted to call TCCAccessRequest without the com.apple.private.tcc.manager.check-by-audit-token entitlement

:D

Take care and stay healthy,

regards

MrDonT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 am 

For some reason i found that bass reduces highs. Something in clipper. it's something that steep reduces highs form 4-5kHz and up. Also bass does not reduce almost nothing from 1 to 4kHz.

edit:
omg, i found huge bug in clipper, atleast i thing it's bug. 2nd bass clipper adjusted to default settings. When i set always clip bellow and dyn clip below to +6 Still all same, but when i set freqs to 0 everything works fine even sound is better and there is no reducing highs because bass. Those freq sliders should do nothing if "always clip bass below" and one under it is to 0 or +6. But they are doing something they should not do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:44 pm 

I finaly updated from beta4 to beta7.

Finaly we have bypass for FM :) Nice.
New IMD bass killer is nice (quick test) less bass drop anyway. Shape is better, no more 30Hz pop-up abd 160Hz area way less reduced. Nice. I kinda found 77% nice start settings.

Currently i only don't know how to set highs/rest slider. Thing is that all tests says around 400% is best. However with more clipper it sounds 'empty', and around 250% it sound much better, fuller..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:18 pm 

i have gui problem on one pc after beta4, and only that one. i tested on 5 pc's and all is fine. All is working but gui window is blank.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
i have gui problem on one pc after beta4, and only that one. i tested on 5 pc's and all is fine. All is working but gui window is blank.
Can you send me the .ini file from that pc? Most likely, some setting is stored that that triggers a (new?) bug in the GUI code.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Can you send me the .ini file from that pc? Most likely, some setting is stored that that triggers a (new?) bug in the GUI code.
I found that something is broken in windows, interesting.. beta4 is ok. I think this VisualStudo thing. showing some errors in msvcrt.dll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I found that something is broken in windows, interesting.. beta4 is ok. I think this VisualStudo thing. showing some errors in msvcrt.dll
There's nothing that *should* have changed between 004 and 007, so it has to be a bug in Stereo Tool. If you have the exact message and the .ini file I can look into it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's nothing that *should* have changed between 004 and 007, so it has to be a bug in Stereo Tool. If you have the exact message and the .ini file I can look into it.
ok sending you ini in pm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok sending you ini in pm.
Ok, it reproduced here and I've fixed it. If you make the screen bigger (but that's hard when it crashes) it won't crash anymore. But the next build will be ok again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 914 Next