Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
|Latest version - Beta 019 (April 18 2021)
Because the change in the clipper is pretty big, Legacy mode is currently still enabled by default. I might change that later, because the new mode sounds far superior to it. So anyway, turn "Legacy highest vs lowest highs behavior" off under Advanced Clipper -> Highs.
Legacy Bass Killer: If you turn it OFF, using 100% strength with 60 Hz as start frequency appears to give similar IMD protection to the highs as before, but with much less impact on the bass between 100 and 250 Hz.
- Get feedback from Matt about highs and bass in new clipper mode -> Default settings updated.
- Clipper Legacy mode didn't behave like older versions anymore. Went back to 8.54 to find changes (Something might still be somewhat wrong - is there more IMD now?).
- Reduced memory usage for plugins by 30 MB
- Code review
- Verify legacy conversion doesn't break existing presets.
- Add Legacy update question for clipper
- Woops, discovered that in 9.63, the Legacy clipper mode was broken as well... highest vs lowest highs didn't work!
- Add and update presets!
- Pre Clip default value: Is it still needed at 3500 Hz?
- Possibly make a single Legacy checkbox in the clipper for all the new legacy things combined
There's also a new Threshold slider. If you set strength to 110% and Threshold to 2%, if there's very little IMD the bass won't be pushed down at all and if there's a lot of IMD the bass will be reduced further. So that might be a better setting for cleaner highs and at the same time more bass, on average.
- Update STX/SST presets
- Change version number
- Check secondary binary transport stream in MicroMPX
- Startup screen with logo STXtreme
- RDS relay
- Email/SMS alerts via cloud
- Ship STXtreme box
- Gates must work on loudest channel when combining channels? (Wes)
- Speed linking in dynamic speed mode: Release slowest behavior a bit faster on big drops
- Try extra clipping stage for highest highs AFTER rest of clipping stages, to protect against shrill sound @ 75 us pre-emphasis
- Advanced Clipper Bass Killer: Add dynamic behavior (lower strength if there are mids, for example)
- Improve Highs vs Rest calculation, it's now incorrectly adding up levels. Is it necessary to use real RMS? (Maybe not, verify with random noise ON HIGHS)
- AGC band linking for extreme behavior? Maybe per band A/B combo a maximum difference? Or, easier, just select a "mid" band and set max offsets for the others.
- AGC voice detection, reducing thresholds. "IF L/R = Mono, IF Gate = very active, IF Asymetry = detected, IF spectral energy = mostly mids, single base frequency or highs".
- Add way to override sound card block sizes (at least for Linux, probably also useful for Windows)
- Login: Per session
- Login: Update editable status
- Login: Hide things
- Login: Show warning when trying to change something without access
- Put backup file upload in web interface for MicroMPX
- STX: Edit whitelist on unit
- Remote jrtplib
- Create/include BIMP presets
- Stereo Tool Enterprise: Think of good name
- Stereo Tool Enterprise: Switching between devices/channels can go wrong
- Stereo Tool Enterprise: Sample rate mismatch detection is not ok for ASIO inputs
- Pi PiMP stand alone BUSY
- Pi AM stand alone
- ABE GUI BUSY
- Add "Combp phase"-like test tone to uMPX (FB chat Cleiton Araújo)
- Stereo Tool new I/O framework: Add bypass mode
- MicroMPX: Silence detector with backup player (timeout - threshold - time ok before going back to stream)
- Clipper detect where highs are killed and compensate for that
- Block multiple instances (avoid running multiple Stereo Tool instances with the same settings)
- Later: MicroMPX: Export version, bitrate and redundancy info in webinterface and library
- Later: MicroMPX: Export user messages in library
- Some pages remain visible when you're logged out (password protection)
- Later: STX: Overview page with meters
- Monday: Fill new site BUSY
- Monday: Pens BUSY
- Tuesday: Make multi-instance version available
- Tuesday: Add SST multi-instance interface
- DSP code - on hold
- MicroMPX decoder 2nd port number - with pull-down menu, and indices.
- Stereo Tool priorities: Check what prio 15 things are
- LiquidSoap/Centova setup manual, maybe add some features
- Website BUSY
- Support Contract
- Improve Advanced Limiter shape (Bojcha) -> Problem is not what it seemed to be! There's a memory problem between chunks of audio, solution is to keep track of what happened in the previous block, and keep the previous audio.
- Improve Advanced Bass Distortion Protection
- Compressor with curve drawer
- Disable stereo widening when detecting low bitrate MP3s
- Add a checkbox under Delossifier that makes Absolute Highs fix the highs.
- STX: Verify high frequency tilt behavior
- Put Declipper presets in ST. Selecting one with "APPLY" overrules all existing settings.
- BS412 bug: For Quality > 100, the compressors are off by a few dB (probably 1.5x or 2/3rds).
- How to synchronize HD? THU
- Measure HifiBerry stereo separation -> Improved from 35 to 55 dB. Make RC work with Ignore high frequencies -> Later
- Loudness project
- Tom aan de Stegge remarks email 30 september 20:23 - change many defaults
- Support rewindowing with different Quality/Size settings. Will give better HPF performance and make lower CPU load possible, and PPM patch points.
- Linux command line version with AES67 input so output can be streamed - seems to be useful... Other options (run a script for the output) might be easier.
- Finish 9 - final uMPX file name issue -> In next 9 update.
- PhoneBooster make multi-threaded if needed (it probably is, esp. for Pi)
- PhoneBooster make Pi version
- MicroMPX needs exception handling, just in case.
- WatchCat replace files instead of placing them elsewhere. For playout systems.
- WatchCat add CMD /C
- Thimeo School
- ABDP remove stuff that's no longer needed? BUSY for low CPU
- Optimize ABDP
- Input and output gain for command line version (like for sound card)
- Dynamic adjustment of priorities
- Sooth effect
- AES67: Add WheatNet
- Installer: Make installer aware of programs like MediaMonkey, AIMP, .....
- HD delay
- Documentation: "Processing" page contains all kinds of BS412 info - why?
- Declipper L/R noise
- Declipper handle resampled audio better (upsample, find oversampling spikes, then detect based on what remains)
- Console version: Read sample rate and bit size from WAV header
- # bands selections should allow option to insert a band instead. Or ask what to do when you change it.
- AES67 thread affinities and priorities
- Add resampler
Latest version - Beta 017 (April 15 2021)
- Added Kantar support to Enterprise version
- AGC gate is WAY too slow, can take seconds to act when there's silence. With RMS size > 0, it would make perfect sense to act instantaneously. -> In RMS mode it now by default reacts to RMS levels, without any delays.
Latest version - Beta 015 (April 13 2021)
- AGC: Don't show red bars for WB Below if SJP is enabled. -> Instead rewrote them to use a sidechain, which probably sounds more natural anyway.
Latest version - Beta 014 (April 11 2021)
- WatchCat: Fixed issue that caused beeps when used without a license, even without using features that require one.
- WatchCat: Fixed issue that caused cancellation and closing to fail/hang sometimes.
- Mac build ok for OS X < 10.14 again
- Removed Pre-Clip start above frequency setting. Didn't do anything useful.
- Some overall code cleanup.
- Enterprise: Starting another instance instead fires up the GUI of already running instance.
- AGC single-band filter seems to do nothing, that could solve a lot of issues
- AGC single-band filter now also usable to control maximum gain, so you can control maximum drop and gain to avoid extreme behavior. This might be better than band linking because one band that goes down by an insane amount won't affect the rest and will in fact be stopped from going down that far.
Latest version - Beta 012 (April 7 2021)
- Removed "BAD!" legacy setting in ABDP, still need to check "TEST".
- Added "Allow thunder distortion" slider instead of "BAD!" checkbox, as a compromise setting.
- Enterprise: Some code refactored to allow adding multiple outputs in the future
Latest version - Beta 011 (April 2 2021)
- Add Pre-clip threshold and start frequency for testing (Matt)
- Bass Killer shape flatter or start later -> Yes, added start frequency. 100%, 60 Hz seems to give similar highs protection as Legacy mode, with far less impact in 100-250 Hz. Also added Threshold. See description below.
- Test Mac request for microphone access -> Works now, but requires OS X 10.14 - we'll fix that tomorrow.
- Web interface: Made it resilient against crashes (it could die), added more handlers for STX, just in case.
- Bass killer: Put dynamic behavior back for very little bass with lots of highs. (Do nothing then) -> That's what Threshold is used for now.
- STX: Figure out a way to let people remotely restart the web interface -> No, 3 automatic recovery strategies implemented instead.
Latest version - Beta 009 (March 31 2021)
- SST: Die bug zit er nog in, dat alle bass / phase effects enzo uit gaan
- When loading a preset, if a setting is set to a legacy value AND it is disabled, set it to the new value. (Maybe dependent on another setting)
- Test pre-clip op -100 dB - does what it should, but huge effect on deep bass when "Also bass" is enabled. - fixed
- Added test code for Bojcha's remarks about bass vs highs in ABDP. REMOVE OR FIX LATER!
- Added rediculous gate speed range for AGC, for testing.
- Added Mac request for microphone access, not yet tested (and binary not yet posted).
Latest version - Beta 007 (March 26 2021)
- MicroMPX encoder version was accidentally still set to 3 instead of 4, and warning removed.
- Fixed multiple rounding issues (performance improvement, mainly on MicroMPX).
- Updated FFT for ARM builds (uses slightly less CPU).
Latest version - Beta 006 (March 25 2021)
- Bypass mode now goes through the whole chain, but with everything (except Hard Limit) disabled. Which means that FM also keeps playing (with a really really bad quality due to Hard Limit, we might add the clipper later for this specific situation).
- Removed (and fixed) all warnings from the Enterprise code
- Updated new native interface code
- "Bass Killer" default setting reduced to 75%, that appears to (almost) always do less than before (in my still very limited test)
Latest version - Beta 005 (March 24 2021)
- Fixed "Highs vs rest priority" for non-composite clipper. (Didn't do anything before).
- Door het importeren van de preset in SST zijn "All bass effects" en "All phase effects" disabled geraakt
- Bass < 220 Hz drop (Bojcha) - new Legacy Bass Killer and Bass Killer Strength values under ABDP (turn Legacy off).
Latest version - Beta 004 (March 21 2021)
- Made non-legacy highs clipper curve slightly smoother.
- Added pre-clip option that prioritizes highs slightly more when other sounds (mids/lows) are really loud, this should protect the highs more against distortion. Very small effect.
- MicroMPX: Decoder library: Added a function to get the stream version, to be warned about CPU load issues.
Latest version - Beta 002 (March 19 2021)
- Improved Leif's Highs Gap Protection in non-legacy mode (was introduced in 9.63, but broken in several ways). Sounds MUCH better now (mainly for FM).
- Updated PortAudio to latest version (appears to fix Mac input audio issue, possibly also other issues)
- Increased Wasapi/MME/Kernel Streaming latency setting (use ASIO for low latency, this may be more resilient) - feedback wanted
- Stereo Tool Enterprise: Several threading/sample rates issues solved.
- Highest vs lowest highs setting issue (see post Bojcha)