All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 714 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's odd, I heard from others that had issues before that this new version works. It could be that you have to give it microphone access rights (I don't know how you do that though, but that was what I heard from others - but they got silence, not this error message). Which exact OS did you have? And can you try different sound cards?
win 10 pro
esi julia
i73770k
8 gb ram
ssd samsung

thanks Hans, I'll try to tinker !!!
Ok, I'm getting confused now.

You're not the same person, so are you saying you have the same issue? I had assumed that this was a Mac issue. Also, version 9.62 and 9.63 should actually be the same (except for some things that affect low latency audio), but in the latest beta's we're using a new PortAudio library. So, it's very important to know exactly what happened, and since which exact version.
thanks Hans,

I can only add that with 9.62 it gave no errors, I forgot that I am using "asio link pro", but I used it on 9.62 and it did not give any errors.

the version is the official 9.63, https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... ler_64.exe

if you need more details ask me.

If there is a log you can access or something else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 pm 

Quote:
That's odd, I heard from others that had issues before that this new version works. It could be that you have to give it microphone access rights (I don't know how you do that though, but that was what I heard from others - but they got silence, not this error message). Which exact OS did you have? And can you try different sound cards?
Thing is that i can bypass apples "give access" and if i do or dont the same error comes up.

Running Catalina 10.15.7

Apple been kinda harch in their access stuff lately, so I might roll back a few versions since this is kinda un-bearable in the long run. Normaly I'm slwo in upgrading OS'es since I know theres always new bugs to get by. So I'm considedering Sierra again :)
Or get a cheap win box...last one died tho

But its weird how the apple classificaion now works.

Take care, stay healthy

MrDonT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:32 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

win 10 pro
esi julia
i73770k
8 gb ram
ssd samsung

You're not the same person, so are you saying you have the same issue? I had assumed that this was a Mac issue. Also, version 9.62 and 9.63 should actually be the same (except for some things that affect low latency audio), but in the latest beta's we're using a new PortAudio library. So, it's very important to know exactly what happened, and since which exact version.
Looks like NRG got cought in between some how.
I'm not NRG.

I've been heres since long ago and always complain about the mac stuff.

MrDonT
(email me for confirmation)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

win 10 pro
esi julia
i73770k
8 gb ram
ssd samsung

thanks Hans,

I can only add that with 9.62 it gave no errors, I forgot that I am using "asio link pro", but I used it on 9.62 and it did not give any errors.

the version is the official 9.63, https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... ler_64.exe

There is no log, everything that's detected as an error will appear in the GUI. So, what exactly is happening? Are there any popups, is the audio silent, something else? And, to make sure it's not a Windows update or hardware issue, does the old version (9.62) still work?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:29 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks Hans,

There is no log, everything that's detected as an error will appear in the GUI. So, what exactly is happening? Are there any popups, is the audio silent, something else? And, to make sure it's not a Windows update or hardware issue, does the old version (9.62) still work?
this morning the error message reappeared, as mentioned it happens once a day, now I install the 9.62 in the air and tomorrow I'll see if the error occurs.
at the audio level no type of problem (pop up, click etc.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks Hans,

this morning the error message reappeared, as mentioned it happens once a day, now I install the 9.62 in the air and tomorrow I'll see if the error occurs.
No need to go back, 9.62 won't show that message because it did not yet exist. But that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Also, a glitch could just be a few samples that are missing so in most cases you probably won't even notice it.

Do you know if it happens at a specific time? Maybe something is happening on your pc (virus scanner, ...)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No need to go back, 9.62 won't show that message because it did not yet exist. But that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Also, a glitch could just be a few samples that are missing so in most cases you probably won't even notice it.

Do you know if it happens at a specific time? Maybe something is happening on your pc (virus scanner, ...)
ok, I go back to 9.63, and check the Windows event log, because it definitely happens at night, I see the message in the morning

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:23 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30323
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, that looks like the same problem. How often does this happen? And do your hear any glitches?

I should probably make the message less scary. "Audio I/O glitch detected" sounds less bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, that looks like the same problem. How often does this happen? And do your hear any glitches?

I should probably make the message less scary. "Audio I/O glitch detected" sounds less bad.
I only look at the system every few hours. I cannot attribute any audio glitches specifically to this event.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 714 Next