All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:37 pm 

Quote:
hello Hans,

I noticed a bug in the advanced limiter menu and distortion protection sub-menu, in the bass window, dashes are no longer displayed, and the very low bass values remain at zero.

sorry for the approximate English :roll:
Hello Hans,
You forgot the bug I described, it's still there. :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Still can't find it? Under what processing sub-menu please?
Muiltiband > Behavior > Constant Sum %
...and the Mulitband must be in Analog mode for it to appear in the menu.

Ross

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:43 pm 

I have now install beta 43., my sound is now going softer and harder (pumping) is this the ducking effect?
And by records that are going hard like di-rect - wild hearts, miss Montreal - door de wind. The sound distorted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:56 am 

Quote:
I have now install beta 43., my sound is now going softer and harder (pumping) is this the ducking effect?
And by records that are going hard like di-rect - wild hearts, miss Montreal - door de wind. The sound distorted.
The sound is now good again. played with the main levels "drive" and "output level" of multinand 1. What I don't really understand about this is that I use an existing preset "analog presure big fm" and have adapted it once. I have never done anything with those levels. if I choose the pre-programmed preset then those levels are on +26 and -6? (by heart). I now have them on +15 and -22. otherwise the sound will be distorted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 am 

this highs vs high highs...
way different in beta 043 vs beta046. Kinda better in 043. ugh.. in beta 043 big difference is in slider highs vs rest, so there i can set it to 400% so it perfect fit with new slider at ~18%.
In beta046 i now need to set first slider to 200% and still not acting same as in beta 043, and new slider to ~5%.

So will be this section again changed or should we adapt to beta046?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
way different in beta 043 vs beta046. Kinda better in 043. ugh.. in beta 043 big difference is in slider highs vs rest, so there i can set it to 400% so it perfect fit with new slider at ~18%.
In beta046 i now need to set first slider to 200% and still not acting same as in beta 043, and new slider to ~5%.

O, the only difference *should* have been that there's a separate setting. Because the effect was pretty big, we decided to have a separate slider so disabling Legacy mode wouldn't sound completely different. I may have done something wrong though, if the behavior isn't the same.

The new version is already released.. but we can look into this again for the next release.

To make sure, "first slider" is highs vs rest, and "new slider" is the new one, and you're not using the "legacy highest vs lowest highs"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:

O, the only difference *should* have been that there's a separate setting. Because the effect was pretty big, we decided to have a separate slider so disabling Legacy mode wouldn't sound completely different. I may have done something wrong though, if the behavior isn't the same.

The new version is already released.. but we can look into this again for the next release.

To make sure, "first slider" is highs vs rest, and "new slider" is the new one, and you're not using the "legacy highest vs lowest highs"?
No i dont use legacy slider, i realised that it's not legacy now. My current defaults settings for beta046 is 186% and 4% for those 2 sliders.
Maybe only wrong thing i see is steep filters, again, between highs and higher_highs

EDIT:
While new filter "higest vs lowest highs" is prety much better then old one, there is now new problem, actually it's not new, kinda not covered or taken into account.
There is HUGE wide boost at around 5kHz (~1dB Q1.00) while clipper is on pressure. New "higest vs lowest highs" slider should fix that too but it's kinda not wide enough. Actually it's prety much steep! It's so steep that everything over 3% pushes everything from 7 to 13kHz down (slope), and boosts ~14+kHz up, that much steep!

My oppinion it that it needs to be wider, to catch not from ~7kHz but from 5, even 4.

This is all without ABDP, With that ON, new range of problems.

Btw, "Leif's gap protection" should be On or Off. Everything other then 5 is disaster, especially 1.
Also with that off, things are way better. No 5kHz boost, so 'there' is problem(?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Issue confirmed. I'm going to look into it. We won't get rid of the drop above 5800 Hz for really loud input (not without making "S" sounds push the rest of the audio down too much), but the transition needs to be smoother, and the part above 14 kHz shouldn't be this loud.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:33 am 
Site Admin

Oops. I had a + and - sign mixed up in a formula. Fixing that improves it quite a bit. Still a bump at 5800 Hz though, and the audio around 16 kHz is still a bit louder than it should be - but far less, and the highs spectrum look smoother now. I know what's causing the remaining high level > 16 kHz, so that's at least an easy fix.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:06 pm 

And the mac standalone is still 9.62 :)

MrDonT

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next