All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm 

Hi everybody. Do you have any news about Thimeo STX? I see upgrades to it in the change log whenever a new ST version is released, but I have never seen the product itself apart from the first pictures. Is it currently sold? Where? How much does it cost? Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi!

We've started with a "quiet" launch, to make sure we get rid of any bugs or other issues before we start promoting and selling it to people who may run into issues and be unable to give us good feedback etc, and that quiet launch got slowed down due to Covid (fewer stations wanted to buy a new processor in the last few months). But you can definitely buy them now.

I don't expect any issues with the processing or the hardware. We have thoroughly tested multiple units over the last year, and one unit that's being used by a station in the US has been running on a tower that's known for getting lots of severe thunderstorms with lightning hitting the tower for 4 months now without issues. The main concern is the user interface, which is completely new. For example, one customer found out 2 weeks ago that the BS412 settings were completely missing - oops. Another potential issue is extreme low latency modes - we have not seen any glitches in hundreds of hours of testing the low latency monitoring output (< 5 ms), but experience from Stereo Tool learns that there will always be someone who finds some combination of settings that causes problems. The changes that you saw in the change log were mostly based on customer feedback.

The normal list price is 6500 euro, but for people who accept the possibly quircks in the user interface who are prepared to give us feedback we can arrange a discount, PM me for more info about that. We have 10 units going out next week, which leaves about 20 units in stock - so if you order now we can get them to you quickly.

You can order by sending me a PM or sending an email to support@thimeo.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am 

Thank you Hans for your answer. We are not in a hurry to buy new processors, but who knows in the future...