All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm 

Once band in MB is down because of "go to target" it never goes up if you turn "go to target" off. Stay locked by gate.
Possible solution to 'reset' mb when turn feature OFF.
Also question, why this is not in AGC? This feature is more for AGC aka RTP in Omnia11.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Once band in MB is down because of "go to target" it never goes up if you turn "go to target" off. Stay locked by gate.
Possible solution to 'reset' mb when turn feature OFF.
Also question, why this is not in AGC? This feature is more for AGC aka RTP in Omnia11.
I'm not really sure what you mean - when I turn "go to target" off the normal behavior returns, and - unless we actually are in a gate at this point - it does release. It will just behave as if it's at that level - with the gate.

Putting this in the AGC would make a lot of sense, but the AGC currently doesn't have per-band gating, and I'm not really sure how logical that is. I wanted to add it to the AGC but this is why I couldn't.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:20 pm 

Then add it to existing WB gating? However, it will really depend on input signal since we still don't have detection after AGC.
One more thing, Why on loading preset gate kicks after 5 seconds and not instantly ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Then add it to existing WB gating? However, it will really depend on input signal since we still don't have detection after AGC.
One more thing, Why on loading preset gate kicks after 5 seconds and not instantly ?
If it works on WB gating it will act on all bands simultaneously, which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Unless maybe if you want the whole AGC to go down on silence.

I've added the 5 second delay recently to fix an issue where - if levels are very different - switching from one preset to another could cause a band to get stuck in gating for a very long time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:34 am 

Hello Hans et al,

I found that using the new "pre-emphasis" setting on the latest beta can be used as a pseudo de-esser. I use ST mainly for pre-processing music (for an oldies format FM) and helps tame the overbright "S"'s and high frequencies in those older recordings.

I had used the de-esser in the broadcast limiter section of ST, but it was not able to engage it in the "limit instead of clip" function.

The 4 band AGC also greatly enhances some of those older recordings.

As a guy who designed some of the presets for the Omnia processors, I appreciate the "extreme tweaker" abilities in ST. It keeps getting better and better to my "old" ears.

Ted Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

BETA029 posted. Nothing big, but if you're trying out MicroMPX with GPS support with other GPS receivers than the one we're selling, please download the new versions - there was a bug in the GPS code that caused it to fail for most other receivers.
The 32 bit Pi build is still running, I will upload that later today.

Edit: Stereo Tool BETA029 is BROKEN. So don't download it. Stay with 028 for now. I'll start a new build ASAP.

Edit: 32 bit Pi MicroMPX has been uploaded. I'm starting a new build now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:42 pm 

Hey Hans, would you please post the latest (beta?) version of the declipper somewhere, like on the main downloads page, or update the declipper.com page, or add it to your beta release posts? That would make it so easy to grab quickly, rather than searching or paging through the forum posts for it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:15 pm 

Hello Hans,

The final version is approaching, I would like you to update my French translation of STEREO TOOL.

Yours sincerely ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:21 pm 

When I try to use for FM Stereo + Streaming at the same time crash...

Attachments:
Sin título.png
Sin título.png [ 55.55 KiB | Viewed 4455 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
When I try to use for FM Stereo + Streaming at the same time crash...
That doesn't reproduce here, unfortunately. And the message shows that the crash happens in an external Windows DLL, so that doesn't tell me what's happening. Can you send me (in a PM) your *full* preset (SAVE -> EXPORT ALL)?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next