All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:48 pm 

So, I was using the web interface on my phone from across the house. After switching to desktop mode, it somehow began showing some STX options, virtually all unusable. The one thing usable was a bypass for all bass and highs effects (and it didn't affect the bass clipper) and I thought that would be a handy thing for regular ST itself. I hope this is intentionally included in the web interface on the next update! I understand why it might not fit in the current UI, however. Or better yet a wet/dry for that bypass would be amazing.

I've been unable to reproduce this successfully. I'll keep trying. Note: my ISP currently doesn't connect to these forums, but it does connect to stereotool.com, and I'm currently using a browser based VPN to submit this. I don't know if this server communication weirdness has anything to do with it.

edit: When I came back to my PC, the extra options were definitely not in the plugin interface.

edit2: Okay, so it happens after restarting the plugin host, before opening the 32bit VST UI window. If I try to connect to the server within that period, it'll show STX settings to the left in the web interface. But once I spawn the UI window, those settings disappear. Will try to replicate in other hosts than BreakawayOne.

edit3: Tried again in Windows/Chrome instead of phone and it still appeared. Was able to get a screenshot.

edit4: STX stuff also appears via web interface using VST3 in Reaper as long as I don't spawn the window.

Attachments:
File comment: Some STX stuff showing up in Web interface before plugin UI is spawned
st-wint-01.png
st-wint-01.png [ 166.77 KiB | Viewed 5523 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:57 pm 

Bochas preset Studio 1 is fantastic. Thanks for creating it. 😁

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:47 am 

Are there any new developments on this BETA version? It seems that Hans van Zutphen is inactive for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

No worries, just working on some other things that also needed fixing. I'll get back to this as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 am 
Site Admin

BETA016 posted!

Changes/bugfixes
  • Changed bass enhancer behavior, should be more logical now. Settings are different!
  • Fixed 4-bands AGC Window mode, didn't work for bands 3/4
  • Fixed AGC moving inside Window when using Attack speedup.
  • Analog compressors: Added Progressive Ratio.
  • AGC: Added Progressive Ratio for testing (doesn't full work with Sudden Jump Protection yet).
  • AGC: Added Sudden Dump Protection, which speeds up release when the level drops a lot. This is mainly useful when using constant release speeds (but even without that it does stop Release Hold and Windowing).
  • Disable Speedup if max speed = off.
  • RDS: UECP: Made MagicRDS 3.8g work again (different dialect than version 3.7g)
  • RDS: Added DPSTEXT command that sends RT and PS text in one go and uses word wrap for PS.
  • Linux version: Jack behavior improved, names corrected, latency reduced.
  • 3/4-band AGC and Progressive release/ratio fall under the Advanced Dynamics license.
  • MicroMPX: GPS SFN synchronization now also works on Raspberry Pi and sound cards that don't have exactly the same timing every boost.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:52 pm 

Hm, bands 3/4 require the advanced dynamics license, which I own. However, they're showing up as being used without the license, while the license is lit up with the big green + in the config. It appears to be this way on all the versions I've tried (vst2 32, stand alone 64, vst3 64)

I'm excited to dig in!

Attachments:
st-agc34-01.png
st-agc34-01.png [ 13.51 KiB | Viewed 4379 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Hm, bands 3/4 require the advanced dynamics license, which I own. However, they're showing up as being used without the license, while the license is lit up with the big green + in the config. It appears to be this way on all the versions I've tried (vst2 32, stand alone 64, vst3 64)

I'm excited to dig in!
Same here:-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Looking into it now!

Edit: Found and solved. I'll run a new build tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:51 am 

Quote:
Looking into it now!

Edit: Found and solved. I'll run a new build tonight.
Great! Now we have 4 band AGC with matrix-mode (separate L+R and L-R). Anyone tested if this can be substituted for Ariane Leveler and which settings?

BR,
Janne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 pm 

so what different with Beta 17 (not posted) than with Beta 16 (posted) ?
https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 53-017.exe
could you also put this option for the current agc ?
it exists in legacy agc, its useful for basing the agc gate behavior after preamp or before preamp.

Attachments:
gate.jpg
gate.jpg [ 3.34 KiB | Viewed 4200 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next