All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans,

finally this 9.52 sounds very good, the high frequencies are back to being heard, stereo separation very coherent and natural ...
I am a little frustrated that with each version the sound changes considerably, but it is the price to pay for having constant updates.

tnx

Edit:
news on the release of Stx on the market?
The sound should not change unless you change settings... We always check some presets to verify, but it's impossible to test every possible combination of settings, but if you find a preset that sounds different on a new version please report it. (There was a bug in 9.50 that could cause the highs to sound completely broken with a certain combinations of settings - that was not just a lack of clarity or level, but completely broken audio). We actually haven't fixed it but just made that combination of settings - that didn't make a lot of sense anyway - impossible).

About STX: It's ready! The first one that we delivered has been on air for 6 weeks now, and we're currently looking for people who want to buy the first units. Since many things are new, we are specifically looking for people who understand that there might still be some issues with it, and are able to give us useful feedback. We don't expect any issues with the hardware or the audio processing itself, we've done extensive tests for more than 6 months, but the remote interface is completely new and some things aren't visible in it yet, and for example we just found out that the top bar of the touch screen is a bit hard to use if your fingers aren't thin enough. All of this will of course be fixed in software updates. I don't expect any major issues, but before we start to sell it officially I want to have feedback from a few more people. If you are interested in buying one (or more) of these first units, send me a PM - we can give you a small discount in exchange for being an "early user who gives feedback".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans, when will a better bass enhancer be added?
Lolz... what do you think of the bass of this station? https://rn7.nl/radio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm 

Quote:
Lolz... what do you think of the bass of this station? https://rn7.nl/radio
I use a Buttkicker for bass monitoring, so I've got decent reproduction for the bottom end. This sounds very consistent on the sub end. The current song sounds like it was recorded in the 80s, but the bass makes it feels much more modern. It's more tone-y than punchy, which is something I appreciate. I'd be curious to hear how it handles blast kicks of metal, or some already sub bassy music from the last decade.

The next song is one I've heard a few dozen times. Same thing, except early 90's light rock. It's got a nice warm tone and the kicks feel more glued to the bass guitar.

It also seems to mostly eliminate or soften plosives without a pop screen. I can still feel them, but it's mostly vocal tones down there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:43 pm 

How can I get more bass for my station such as how optimod type bass is?