All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ACR Stereo:Added "Flip phase" button that seems to sound better, we don't really understand why though.
It makes ACR to go to MONO. More MONO if MORE ACR used.
Only if the delay is 0. If the delay is > 0, it has the same delay effect as before, but it sounds fuller.
ok yes, but using more then 0.0ms makes bad problems on squere bass and probably similar on whole spectrum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:31 pm 

Quote:
Found it. There was a check if you're in VMware, but the VMware setting was disabled in this plugin. That caused it to crash. I've added that setting back, so it should be ok in the next build.
You might also conisder removing the option to Ignore High Frequencies in the CPU config section as there's no bandpass settings for it to refer to, which is just fine for this plugin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It makes ACR to go to MONO. More MONO if MORE ACR used.
Only if the delay is 0. If the delay is > 0, it has the same delay effect as before, but it sounds fuller.
ok yes, but using more then 0.0ms makes bad problems on squere bass and probably similar on whole spectrum.
I know, that's what this flip phase is there for - with flip phase those problems are less bad. I'm not saying they are completely gone but it definitely helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Found it. There was a check if you're in VMware, but the VMware setting was disabled in this plugin. That caused it to crash. I've added that setting back, so it should be ok in the next build.
You might also conisder removing the option to Ignore High Frequencies in the CPU config section as there's no bandpass settings for it to refer to, which is just fine for this plugin.
Good catch, done.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know, that's what this flip phase is there for - with flip phase those problems are less bad. I'm not saying they are completely gone but it definitely helps.
I'm confused: should we then use Matrix mode or stereo boost and ACR? Been trying to switch from one to another and I'm not sure anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm 

Quote:
I'm confused: should we then use Matrix mode or stereo boost and ACR? Been trying to switch from one to another and I'm not sure anymore.
When you buy a new toolbox no one tells you to only use the screwdriver and not the hammer. Use what works for you. Currently I like matrix mode better. But if you feel ACR and / or stereo boost does the job... use them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
When you buy a new toolbox no one tells you to only use the screwdriver and not the hammer. Use what works for you. Currently I like matrix mode better. But if you feel ACR and / or stereo boost does the job... use them.
I was just wondering what kind of difference between those two features is. We are using matrix mode too...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:16 pm 

This is 9.51 beta's thread, but the latest beta in the first post is 9.52 002 :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 pm 

I've downloaded the 9.52 BETA002 and i love it! Consistent, nice stereo and no voices that wander from center to left or right. Tight bass kick but soft low bass. High highs without the annoying hiss of s sounds. Flip phase in the ACR sections works for me also, sounds nice!

I still use the Compellor and SPL Vitalizer in front of Stereotool to make it a bit easier for Stereotool and some more bass and highs but with them in bypass it still sounds very nice!

Good work. 9.52 BETA002 should be the next release version imo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:58 am 

Hi Hans

v9.52 BETA002 Standalone 64bit, Windows 10 Pro, 2004.
Playing audio via ST fine for approx 12hrs. Around an hour of silence (no audio) and came back to the following...
Attachment:
ST952-B002-Error-18072020.png
ST952-B002-Error-18072020.png [ 18.58 KiB | Viewed 4302 times ]
Clicked away and has not (to me) affected anything after restarting audio (another playlist).
For your info if nothing else! :-)

Regards

Rossco