All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.50
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 pm 

I tried "Raspberry Pi 2/3 Stand alone ALSA 32 bit" on Pi 4B Raspbian, but it wouldn't start the GUI. (No window opens)

For now I'm using v9.37 which is working well but keeps crashing...

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 pm 

i realize this is not the proper place to post this suggestion but this particular thread is viewed most often by the developers.
for the "new" 2-band AGC, how about adding an additional "sudden jump protection" ?
in this manner, 2 separate sudden jump protection modules, one for each AGC band, could be independently configured from each other.
also, dont forget the "peak-hold" for the advanced clipper metering, if possible, this would be a nifty feature to see where the highest clip peaks are held in the clipper, in order to make necessary adjustments, without having to constantly stare at the advanced clipper metering looking for clipping stronger than -6dB (generally, any clipping stronger than -6dB is distortion).
thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm 

Quote:
i realize this is not the proper place to post this suggestion but this particular thread is viewed most often by the developers.
for the "new" 2-band AGC, how about adding an additional "sudden jump protection" ?
in this manner, 2 separate sudden jump protection modules, one for each AGC band, could be independently configured from each other.
also, dont forget the "peak-hold" for the advanced clipper metering, if possible, this would be a nifty feature to see where the highest clip peaks are held in the clipper, in order to make necessary adjustments, without having to constantly stare at the advanced clipper metering looking for clipping stronger than -6dB (generally, any clipping stronger than -6dB is distortion).
thank you.
I think this is a wonderful idea for the AGC. Maybe that's why I suggested it many months ago. :) Bass is so much more dynamic than non-bass, that it would really make sense to apply some different SJP settings to the lower band.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
thank you.
I think this is a wonderful idea for the AGC. Maybe that's why I suggested it many months ago. :) Bass is so much more dynamic than non-bass, that it would really make sense to apply some different SJP settings to the lower band.
ive suggested the re-settable peak hold for at least the advanced clipper meter for awhile now and i will keep suggesting it and hopefully not get punished for my repetitiveness but in my opinion, it is very useful especially if you desire to know if your processing prior to the clipper is too strong at certain dynamic/frequency points, an example is pre-emphasis, the clipper is often pushed beyond -6dB, thats where audible distortion begins.
while i am sure the developers are seeing the messages, im not sure why they have not been considered/implemented into ST.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:00 pm 

Quote:
im not sure why they have not been considered/implemented into ST.
Because first we're working on a new GUI framework and we don't want to spend time adding features to the old one anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Because first we're working on a new GUI framework and we don't want to spend time adding features to the old one anymore.
ah, understood.
hopefully, those features will be added to the new GUI when its ready for prime time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
:lol:

Hans can build Reverb thing was also not necessary .. and not even finished .. like so many things .. first finish things before starting new things.. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:55 pm 

Algorithms for audio are different from framework and UX/UI. If algorithms were ever "perfected" before new things were integrated, we'd never get new things. Algorithms get continually more efficient or allow for more features if they're continually worked on, even after a 'good enough' iteration is released.

The current focus is on the UI/Framework, and this will lead to a better version of an already pretty good application. I, for one, am hype for this new GUI.

Just brainstorming here: Perhaps after the GUI has been released and the company plans on another large feature update to ST, would a poll as to what Thimeo should do next come in handy? There are some excellent suggestions in the wish list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 am 

Quote:
Algorithms for audio are different from framework and UX/UI. If algorithms were ever "perfected" before new things were integrated, we'd never get new things. Algorithms get continually more efficient or allow for more features if they're continually worked on, even after a 'good enough' iteration is released.

The current focus is on the UI/Framework, and this will lead to a better version of an already pretty good application. I, for one, am hype for this new GUI.

Just brainstorming here: Perhaps after the GUI has been released and the company plans on another large feature update to ST, would a poll as to what Thimeo should do next come in handy? There are some excellent suggestions in the wish list.
All that does not explain stuff that was never finished or not done right. In other hand there is more, also unfinished, new stuff. And that is happening for years now.
What result is, completely overcomplicated piece of software wich has never finished or not properly done filters/functions and some stuff that will be used by 0.001% of people/clients and still lacks in some basic functions for what is it for.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:28 am 

Quote:
Quote:

All that does not explain stuff that was never finished or not done right. In other hand there is more, also unfinished, new stuff. And that is happening for years now.
What result is, completely overcomplicated piece of software wich has never finished or not properly done filters/functions and some stuff that will be used by 0.001% of people/clients and still lacks in some basic functions for what is it for.
Yeah... One example is Streaming Output, buggy and unstable (crashed all time), the aac streaming is a debt with us (the clients) and some bugs like when you push the "Extra Composite Clipper" the levels ups in normal output too (even if you choose "Separate processing streaming / HD / DAB)...
Really I don't need a new gui... only need that the program works better and fix it all the bugs.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next