All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2022 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:01 pm 

i have an idea that might be good.
i often find that any content that is clipped greater than -6dB by the advanced clipper has audible distortion (even with ABDP enabled).
in turn, i try to keep the content clipped by the advanced clipper to no greater than -6dB, but sometimes, there is content that will be clipped greater than -6dB.
how about a re-settable static peak hold indicator for the advanced clipper ?
in this manner, i can operate ST with 100% display refresh in a minimized state during operation and observe it later for any peak holds greater than -6dB and then i can make adjustments accordingly to keep the clipper at -6dB or less.
thanks.

Attachments:
adv-clip.jpg
adv-clip.jpg [ 13.82 KiB | Viewed 6818 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
i often find that any content that is clipped greater than -6dB by the advanced clipper has audible distortion (even with ABDP enabled).
in turn, i try to keep the content clipped by the advanced clipper to no greater than -6dB, but sometimes, there is content that will be clipped greater than -6dB.
in this manner, i can operate ST with 100% display refresh in a minimized state during operation and observe it later for any peak holds greater than -6dB and then i can make adjustments accordingly to keep the clipper at -6dB or less.
thanks.
Good idea, I'll pass it along to the people working on the new GUI.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 pm 

Can I update stereo tool while it is running? (For DSP plugin and standalone version)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:05 pm 

Quote:
Can I update stereo tool while it is running? (For DSP plugin and standalone version)
Sure not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:13 pm 

Quote:
i would say no because files will be "in-use" and cannot be over-written when they are locked (open handle on the file).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
thanks.
How about a post-preemphasis limiter for those who don't want to clip at all?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:48 pm 

Quote:
i believe you can achieve what your looking for by configuring these parameters to your liking.
edit: strike that, it only works if advanced clipper is enabled.
perhaps a change could be made to have it enabled if not using advanced clipper ?
i understand what you are desiring to achieve.

Attachments:
de-esser.jpg
de-esser.jpg [ 33.85 KiB | Viewed 6642 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:03 am 

Quote:
I hope Hans could share a glimpse (screenshot) of the new GUI. I'm excited to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thanks.
Or have the option to move the Single Band limiter to after the preemphasis or just the ability to move the preemphasis to anywhere in the chain would be even better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:49 am 

Minor display issue in declipper. Detilted window not working/updating. Image attached. Tested in Winamp DSP version.

Attachments:
declipper-bug.png
declipper-bug.png [ 81.11 KiB | Viewed 6349 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2022 Next