All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1922 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:48 am 
Site Admin

Posted BETA040. Main difference is that the AGC now has a new "tighter" mode (that starts releasing slower) and a release hold. Purpose: In some tracks, mainly in parts with drums and not much else with a lot of (near) silence in between, these drums tend to come out too loud. These new settings can be used to fix that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 pm 

Quote:
Posted BETA040. Main difference is that the AGC now has a new "tighter" mode (that starts releasing slower) and a release hold. Purpose: In some tracks, mainly in parts with drums and not much else with a lot of (near) silence in between, these drums tend to come out too loud. These new settings can be used to fix that.
nice AGC improvements 8-)
however, enabling "tight mode" with "release hold" off, appears to have no effect.
(i still prefer the legacy AGC overall)

Last edited by EliteData on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:11 pm 

Quote:
When trying to use the webinterface i get a white page with the following text: This port does not run Omnia SST or MicroMPX!

Kind regards,

Arkadas

I bet you anything the web interface is still being worked on. I just tried with beta 040 and no luck. Beta 032 works fine however if you still need the Web Interface, as I said earlier in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:15 pm 

Hello ;)

For the French-speaking community, I propose you the translation of the software as is (.stl file in C:\Program Files\Stereo Tool).

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27857

Last edited by Cornemuse on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 pm 

Quote:
Hello ;)

For the French-speaking community, I propose you the translation of the software as is (.stl file in C:\Program Files\Stereo Tool).

Current version: 9.38 beta 040

French (Français) (Alain DELOBEL).stl
Excellent! I'm sure many will appreciate this. However perhaps you could post it in this subforum viewforum.php?f=23 where it can be easily found with the rest of the translations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:39 pm 

Hello ;)

@MrKlorox, Thank you very much, if you have any remarks to make about mistranslated terms or phrases, don't hesitate.

I moved the file to the appropriate location.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm 

Seems like Hans won't take any attention to my request. All i wanted was a simple bass clipper instead of that limiter that makes bass muddy. the old releases of stereo tool (7.xx) had better bass.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Seems like Hans won't take any attention to my request. All i wanted was a simple bass clipper instead of that limiter that makes bass muddy. the old releases of stereo tool (7.xx) had better bass.
There is no bass limiter. There was a bug in one of the bass clipper stages that I've fixed I think 2 beta's ago (it was clipping at too high frequencies and too low levels). Which should give you much better bass now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 pm 

Quote:
Enable deprecated settings, then take a look at the "Bass protection" feature under the bass section of the Advanced Clipper. YMMV, but it might accomplish want you want.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:39 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Enable deprecated settings, then take a look at the "Bass protection" feature under the bass section of the Advanced Clipper. YMMV, but it might accomplish want you want.
that legacy bass protection feature is actually pretty good at 40Hz and lower.
bass-boosting at the end of the processing chain eliminates 'pumping' that would occur if the content is bass-boosted before/after AGC.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1922 Next