All times are UTC+02:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10021
Stereo Tool 9.35 is out!

Changes:
  • Advanced Clipper: Hidden setting was changed in 9.10 to sound cleaner. But it was also duller and less loud. Setting added to choose old or new (default) mode.
  • Advanced Clipper: Bug fix: "Limit normal output instead" mode bass clipper didn't work properly.
  • Advanced Clipper: Added Mids strictness slider.
  • Advanced Clipper: Added "Limit Normal Output instead" attenuation slider.
  • AGC: Added setting for side chain bass band.
  • Bug fix: In some setups, Normal Output could have hiccups/plopping sounds.
  • Web GUI: Load/save presets with up/download added.
  • MicroMPX settings page in Stereo Tool now also has a "Normal output" selection, to avoid sending pre-emphasized audio to Normal Output.
  • Kantar support finalized.
  • Web GUI: Updated generated objects.js file to fix JavaScript errors.
  • Web GUI: Optimized scope display in web interface.
  • CPU: Reduced CPU load of Stokkemask in "Block heavy processing" mode further.
  • CPU: Reduced CPU load of L-R Asymmetry in "Block heavy processing" mode further.
  • ARM version: Add Cortex-A53 32 bit target (for Raspberry Pi 3B(+) with a 32 bit OS).
  • Bug fix: Scheduler was broken in previous versions.
  • Linux/Mac: Thread priorities are now supported.
  • Added L-R reverb stereo widener.
  • Streaming output: Artist, title, song, album and year info added.
  • Bug fix: GUI: White bars fix in 9.34 could cause CPU load to go up, solved.
  • Bug fix: Command line version output values could wrap, causing loud clicks, on Linux.
  • Bug fix: When Asio4All is installed, MicroMPX decoder can hang on close due to a bug in Asio4All. License was then also kept locked, that's now fixed.
  • MicroMPX: Added GPS synchronization settings to encoder/decoder API and Stereo Tool GUI.
  • MicroMPX: Greatly reduced CPU load for higher (512, 576) bitrates (mainly important when running on a Pi).
  • MicroMPX: Bug fix: In version 2.1.2, after a dropout due to network issues, decoders could become out of sync for a few minutes.
  • MicroMPX decoder: New web interface.
  • Bug fix: Possible crash in previous WatchDog version fixed.
  • Updated presets.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:26 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:31 am
Posts: 36
I know this is a question for a very small amount of users, but one suggestion, I'm blind and using a screen reader to navigate StereoTool's web GUI, as the main GUI does not work with NVDA (name of my screen reader).

Sliders read out from the screen reader as web__widget_s, and buttons read as web__widget_off_l, web__widget_off_m, web__widget_off_r, etc.
Can you add alt tags to the graphical elements on the web interface to allow StereoTool to play nice with my screen reader please when you get a chance? More information about the HTML alt Attribute is below.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_img_alt.asp
Another thing, it would be nice if I could move the sliders with the keyboard and not only the mouse for the web GUI. The mouse slider moving is dueable, however keyboard allows for more precise adjustments for anyone I imagine, not just the blind.

Thank you for this great program!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:34 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10021
Quote:
I know this is a question for a very small amount of users, but one suggestion, I'm blind and using a screen reader to navigate StereoTool's web GUI, as the main GUI does not work with NVDA (name of my screen reader).

Sliders read out from the screen reader as web__widget_s, and buttons read as web__widget_off_l, web__widget_off_m, web__widget_off_r, etc.
Can you add alt tags to the graphical elements on the web interface to allow StereoTool to play nice with my screen reader please when you get a chance? More information about the HTML alt Attribute is below.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_img_alt.asp
Another thing, it would be nice if I could move the sliders with the keyboard and not only the mouse for the web GUI. The mouse slider moving is dueable, however keyboard allows for more precise adjustments for anyone I imagine, not just the blind.

Thank you for this great program!
Hi, we're working on a complete replacement of the web interface. With a bit of luck this might be easy to do. (It's already possible in the new gui to type in values directly instead of moving a slider).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm 

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 pm
Posts: 31
Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.35 is out!

Changes:
  • Advanced Clipper: Hidden setting was changed in 9.10 to sound cleaner. But it was also duller and less loud. Setting added to choose old or new (default) mode.
  • Advanced Clipper: Bug fix: "Limit normal output instead" mode bass clipper didn't work properly.
  • Advanced Clipper: Added Mids strictness slider.
  • Advanced Clipper: Added "Limit Normal Output instead" attenuation slider.
  • AGC: Added setting for side chain bass band.
  • Bug fix: In some setups, Normal Output could have hiccups/plopping sounds.
  • Web GUI: Load/save presets with up/download added.
  • MicroMPX settings page in Stereo Tool now also has a "Normal output" selection, to avoid sending pre-emphasized audio to Normal Output.
  • Kantar support finalized.
  • Web GUI: Updated generated objects.js file to fix JavaScript errors.
  • Web GUI: Optimized scope display in web interface.
  • CPU: Reduced CPU load of Stokkemask in "Block heavy processing" mode further.
  • CPU: Reduced CPU load of L-R Asymmetry in "Block heavy processing" mode further.
  • ARM version: Add Cortex-A53 32 bit target (for Raspberry Pi 3B(+) with a 32 bit OS).
  • Bug fix: Scheduler was broken in previous versions.
  • Linux/Mac: Thread priorities are now supported.
  • Added L-R reverb stereo widener.
  • Streaming output: Artist, title, song, album and year info added.
  • Bug fix: GUI: White bars fix in 9.34 could cause CPU load to go up, solved.
  • Bug fix: Command line version output values could wrap, causing loud clicks, on Linux.
  • Bug fix: When Asio4All is installed, MicroMPX decoder can hang on close due to a bug in Asio4All. License was then also kept locked, that's now fixed.
  • MicroMPX: Added GPS synchronization settings to encoder/decoder API and Stereo Tool GUI.
  • MicroMPX: Greatly reduced CPU load for higher (512, 576) bitrates (mainly important when running on a Pi).
  • MicroMPX: Bug fix: In version 2.1.2, after a dropout due to network issues, decoders could become out of sync for a few minutes.
  • MicroMPX decoder: New web interface.
  • Bug fix: Possible crash in previous WatchDog version fixed.
  • Updated presets.
where can I find this setting?
Advanced Clipper: Hidden setting was changed in 9.10 to sound cleaner. But it was also duller and less loud. Setting added to choose old or new (default) mode.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Poland
Linux gui versions are still 9.34 in downloads.

_________________
Urban Junglist


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:10 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 12
Only 64bit versions are 9.34.
The Linux command line 64bit version is also 9.34.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:19 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Netherlands
ST 9.35 X64 CPU & Latency bug:

- 2 cores, optimized for latency - The processing time indicator is behaving strange. Not sure if 2 cores are really used
- 4 cores, optimized for latency - Indicator is showing 2 cores in stead of 4


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44 pm
Posts: 5
Any chance of getting a posting here when 9.35 Linux 64 gui is active, so I don't have to keep downloading every day to check?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10021
Quote:
Any chance of getting a posting here when 9.35 Linux 64 gui is active, so I don't have to keep downloading every day to check?
We'll post here when it's updated. We have been at the IBC (International Broadcasting Convention) with the whole team so that's why it hasn't been updated yet.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.35
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10021
Quote:
Quote:
Any chance of getting a posting here when 9.35 Linux 64 gui is active, so I don't have to keep downloading every day to check?
We'll post here when it's updated. We have been at the IBC (International Broadcasting Convention) with the whole team so that's why it hasn't been updated yet.
Done!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC+02:00


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited