All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:03 pm 

Yeah, it's on the Absolute Highs too

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
This looks off to me. I don't recall seeing the blue sections under the graphic spectrum displays on Delossifier:
Oops! Fixed. I added support for higher displays for PhoneBooster, and I swapped a divide and a subtract.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm 

Where exactly is this new PhoneBooster now? Is it already part of the application and I just can't see it, or isn't there a preview yet? As always, I use the VST2 64 bit Windows version. And here I find (unfortunately) in no menu any reference to it.

It would be a pity if this would be missing in the VST interface as well. It is similar with the self-built microphone processor. This one exists (unfortunately), and despite several requests from me not in the plugin version. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

PhoneBooster is a new program that improves the sound of phone audio. We're working on the last few details before we can send out a beta.

BIMP in plugins -> that's on the todo list, but basically waiting for the I/O redesign to be finished.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm 

2 questions about "Attenuate highs on stream"

- Does it means it should only works on stream, since it also works on normal output?
- Since it's in "μs" does it do that pre-emphazis? To me it looks it just do eq curve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

- Does it means it should only works on stream, since it also works on normal output?
- Since it's in "μs" does it do that pre-emphazis? To me it looks it just do eq curve.
It's intended for streams, some phones boost the highs so some people were complaining that their stream sounded too bright. De-emphasizing or an eq curve is not that different....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

It's intended for streams, some phones boost the highs so some people were complaining that their stream sounded too bright. De-emphasizing or an eq curve is not that different....
huh.. so It is just EQ. And i don't know how that can be similar, obviously "Pre-emhasized clipping/limiting" is not same as this one, and both are in "μs" units.
Anyway, can pre-ring be solved in limiter? It's comming from bass clipper.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:10 pm 

Quote:
PhoneBooster is a new program that improves the sound of phone audio. We're working on the last few details before we can send out a beta.
Thanks for the information! Are you planning the new product as a plugin, or will it be a stand-alone program? Personally it would be nice if you could provide it as a plugin as well.
Quote:
BIMP in plugins -> that's on the todo list, but basically waiting for the I/O redesign to be finished.
That sounds exciting! I am looking forward to it.

Oh before I forget: I have now tried the new Stereo Reverb. I think it's a great invention because it adds a very warm character to the recording. Reminds me a bit of other limiters that are also used in professional mastering. For decades, you've been relying on a weak short reverb to fuse everything better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 pm 

I know you folks are busy on adding/refining features and rebuilding entire modules, but window sizing is still broken using Breakaway One, in both the VST declipper 3.02 beta and Stereo Tool. The latest release of Perfect Declipper (3.01) however appears the correct size (so I didn't feel the need to include an image).

In Stereo Tool (currently using the latest beta) one has to choose to display in fullscreen mode for it to adjust to the window appropriately. In the Declipper there's no option for fullscreen mode. I don't know what's causing it, but it would be nice if Fullscreen Mode setting was saved. I also don't know which version of Stereo Tool this started happening in, because as far as I can remember, it's always been like this.

Oh, sometimes if you launch it, and it's messed up, then you click in the grey area to the left as your very first click/action, it'll re-fill the window appropriately. I don't know if that's a clue.
Attachment:
File comment: Fullscreen mode disabled
STregular.png
STregular.png [ 222.93 KiB | Viewed 5019 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Fullscreen mode enabled
STfullscreen.png
STfullscreen.png [ 229.14 KiB | Viewed 5019 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Fullscreen mode not an option
declipper.png
declipper.png [ 17.06 KiB | Viewed 5019 times ]
edit: More odd behavior. When maximizing the window while fullscreen is on, this is what you get until you disable then re-enable fullscreen mode. I cannot add more pictures, but it's basically the fullscreen enabled image with the white background of the declipper image.

Last edited by MrKlorox on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Can you check if it's ok in other programs? It seems to be fine here (in other programs), in which case it could be a BaOne bug instead of a Stereo Tool bug.

Do you have a 4K screen? (or higher resolution selected in your VST host)? The old version of Stereo Tool was not DPI-aware, the new one is. Which could very well be the problem if there's a different in 4K-awareness between host (BaOne) and plugin (Stereo Tool).

Regardless of that,
Quote:
In Stereo Tool (currently using the latest beta) one has to choose to display in fullscreen mode for it to adjust to the window appropriately.
That might be a fix that always works, but we need to test that in a lot of VST hosts to make sure it causes no problems. If it indeed doesn't, we should probably make that the default behavior for the VST.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next