All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1417 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello Hans, today i downloaded version 9.32 and now i have no output sound anymore using asio4all.
Can i downgrade to 9.31?
Thanks, Mart
Hi,
Yes you can downgrade. But can you tell me exactly what's happening?
- Do you get an error message?
- Do the meters move as if audio is coming in, or does the input appear to be silent?
- Can you check the buffer filling meters to see if they are in the center (for the outputs)?

As you've probably seen above, you're not the first with issues, but I don't see any problems here so I don't know what the problem is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:08 pm 

Is this intended in such a way that all options in the "Sound" section of the "Advanced Clipper" can no longer be set? I can only set "Prioritize loud sounds" here, everything else is grayed out. This was not the case with the old version. It is the VST2 64-bit Windows version.

Attachments:
sounds_dialog.png
sounds_dialog.png [ 17.5 KiB | Viewed 4257 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Is this intended in such a way that all options in the "Sound" section of the "Advanced Clipper" can no longer be set? I can only set "Prioritize loud sounds" here, everything else is grayed out. This was not the case with the old version. It is the VST2 64-bit Windows version.
If you're not processing for FM and "Safe processing for streaming" (or something like that, I don't remember the exact name and I can't check it now, but it's under the Limiting & Clipping page at the same spot where you can set pre-emphasis for streaming) is enabled, then yet. All these features can cause artifacts when using lossy compression.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:07 pm 

Hi Hans,
I don’t get any error message and the input works fine including the level meters.
The soundcard in- and output are all green so that’s also ok. I tried all output settings but no output.
As said i jumped back to version 9.31 and everything is fine again.
Good luck finding the problem and regards,
Mart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ah! I found out what the ASIO issue was. It was that version info stuff that livewireaus mentioned after all. I'll just remove it from the stand alone builds, that seems to be the easiest fix.

The problem: I added version info to the .exe file, so it now advertises itself as "Thimeo Stereo Tool" instead of "StereoTool.exe". That should not make any difference - but apparently, both Asio4All and the Dante ASIO driver are using this information. Asio4All lets you select (if you click on the tray icon) which sound card is being used, and apparently that information is stored based on the name of the program that's using Asio4All. Since the name has changed, you get the "default" sound card instead of the selected sound card.

One could say that "Thimeo Stereo Tool" is better than "StereoTool.exe", but currently, this name means that you can have different Asio4All or Dante ASIO selections if you make a copy of the executable. And with a fixed name you can't. Plus, that it breaks the existing behavior. So I'm going to restore the behavior from version 9.31 and before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:48 am 
Site Admin

Ow. I think I drew the wrong conclusion there. It appears that the directory where the executable is installed determines the behavior, not the version info.

Which means that I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working in 9.32. MAYBE it's still ok with a build without version info.

Can someone who has problems with Asio4All please try the beta that I posted a few posts ago?

Here they are again:
https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 33-001.exe
https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 33-001.exe

Edit: If you get audio in one case and no audio in the other, please check in ASIO4All which sound card is selected there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:00 pm 

Hoi Hans,
Heb het geprobeerd maar geeft hetzelfde verhaal, geen output. Ik heb de laatste versie van asio4all, 2.14.
Groet,
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hoi Hans,
Heb het geprobeerd maar geeft hetzelfde verhaal, geen output. Ik heb de laatste versie van asio4all, 2.14.
Groet,
Martin
Ok. Kun je checken - als je op het ASIO4All icoontje in de system tray klikt - wat 'ie aangeeft als sound card? Ik verwacht dat dat niet dezelfde is bij de twee versies, en dat dat het probleem is. Maar, ik heb geen idee waarom het niet dezelfde zou zijn...

Mocht je nog iets anders geks kunnen vinden? Ik test hier ook met Asio4All 2.14 en als ik update gaat alles gewoon normaal, geen errors, wel audio.

Welke Windows-versie gebruik je? Misschien dat dat nog iets doet.

Als dit allemaal niks oplevert is het enige wat ik nog kan doen stap voor stap stukken van 9.32 naar 9.31 mergen tot het niet meer werkt. Maar dat kunnen veel tussenversies worden, aangezien ik het zelf niet kan testen zal ik die dan allemaal op moeten sturen tot het werkt :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:36 pm 

I have the same problem with asio drivers, (no output). My sound card is Asus xonar u7. To correct the problem, i have to disable and enable again the asio from stereo tool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have the same problem with asio drivers, (no output). My sound card is Asus xonar u7. To correct the problem, i have to disable and enable again the asio from stereo tool.
And that's also only with 9.32? 9.31 was ok?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1417 Next