All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Updated documentation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

The documentation has been updated.

See https://www.stereotool.com/documentation/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 pm 

Cool! These look great.

I'm initially wondering if some of the filters might benefit from a Troubleshooting section? For example, the Delossifier will not work if MP3 streams pass through resampling on a Windows machine. Or perhaps troubleshooting is better handled in the forums?

Thank you for the updated docs!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 pm 

Some Link Errors under CPU & Latency and under Processing - CPU Core Affinities:

For optimal performance and low latencies, use these guidelines:
Try to avoid Core 0. Core 0 is used by drivers, which means that when using core 0 at very low latencies, you run a risk of getting hiccups.
When using a system that has Hyperthreading, assign Link error '3005' and Link error '3006' to virtual cores that don't share the same physical cores. On most systems, that means that you should avoid combining core 0 with 1, core 2 with 3, core 4 with 5 etc. Also note that the fact that drivers use core 0 might also makes the core 1 performance less constant.
So, if you have a system with 4 cores with Hyperthreading, then Windows will see 8 cores, and you should normally select for example cores 2 and 4 for Link error '3005' and Link error '3006', and core 0 for Link error '3007' and Link error '3008' things that are non-critical.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am 

also I would like a more precise explanation on cpu and affinity, for example on the spare machine I have an i5-2500 4 cores - 4 thread on the main i7-3770k 4 cores - 8 thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:23 pm 

First of all, many thanks for providing us with the latest documentation! I know this is a lot of work and not really fun!

While reading through the documentation I noticed the following:

The multiband compressor lacks a description of the "Spectral Balance" and the "Band Coupling" matrix. I always wanted to know how to use it, but unfortunately I can't find anything about it in the documentary.

The compressors don't explain the difference between RMS and symmetric RMS. The other modes like peak and symmetric peak are not explained either.

Furthermore, I can't find an explanation of the ^2 feedback mode anywhere. What is also missing is an explanation of the peak mode.

What is also missing is an explanation of the Max Ratio. I'd actually search near Ratio, but unfortunately it's not there.

That's all I noticed on the fly. It would be nice if this information could be supplemented!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:52 pm 

Good evening Hans,

The update of the documentation, will it be transformed into PDF format :?