All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:02 pm 

Hi again. I'm curious about whether it would be possible to add extra bit depth options when rendering as FLAC. Or is this the type of feature you want people to buy a license for?

Thanks
Ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 am 

On the download page it says version 1.2.7, on the installer it says 1.2.6 and in the program 1.2.8 :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
On the download page it says version 1.2.7, on the installer it says 1.2.6 and in the program 1.2.8 :)
Oops. I've updated the download page now. For Stereo Tool and Declipper all these numbers are locked to each other (well not the download page, but software and installer), for WatchCat that's (not) yet the case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi again. I'm curious about whether it would be possible to add extra bit depth options when rendering as FLAC. Or is this the type of feature you want people to buy a license for?

Thanks
Ty
No, that sounds like something that should be there, especially since we have a "Dequantizer" that can basically add bits....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:21 pm 

Stereo Boost results in an echo-reverb effect on mono files. Should WatchCat ignore stereo enhancement effects when importing mono files?

Using 1.2.10.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Stereo Boost results in an echo-reverb effect on mono files. Should WatchCat ignore stereo enhancement effects when importing mono files?

Using 1.2.10.
Stereo Boost should not touch mono files at all. All it should do is increase existing stereo. Is the input really perfectly mono?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Stereo Boost should not touch mono files at all. All it should do is increase existing stereo. Is the input really perfectly mono?
It's a single channel 16-bit 48khz wav.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 pm 

Drag and drop seems to no longer work? I tried in administrator mode, as well. The source files are FLACs. And the containing Folder doesn't want to drop either. (Win 10 x64)

The last version or two would throw up an error and claim it was unable to create the output file, but it still worked anyway.

Will WatchCat be given a little bit more work once the new ST GUI is finalized?

Thanks!

edit: It also doesn't want to look in subfolders placed in the input directory.

edit: Ok, it accepted a drag and drop while it was processing stuff inside the watch folder.

edit: This time it accepted files via drag and drop, but it threw up this error. As you can see it thinks it's placing files in Program Files\WatchCat, even in administrator mode, but they're actually properly created in the assigned output folder.
Attachment:
wc-11-error.png
wc-11-error.png [ 51.79 KiB | Viewed 9533 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am 
Site Admin

I just tested the latest version and it works fine here - without any error message. But it won't work in admin mode, because you're drop action does not had admin rights.

Edit: O, I hadn't updated so I hadn't seen your screenshot yet. That is very weird. Doing some tests here...

Edit #2: No, it definitely doesn't do that here, and if I run it outside of the Program Files directory it also doesn't create those directories. (If it would try to do that, it makes sense that it would fail). More investigation needed...

Edit #3: Ah, found it. In the input settings there's a radiobutton, where you can choose what to do with the input file after processing. Default setting is "Do nothing", which works fine. If you select "Move input file to "Processed"", you get this error message. So I guess there's an error in the handling of the directory of dropped files.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:51 pm 

WatchCat's latest version is now 1.2.13. It's been at least 2 years in developement now (or more?). Any chance of getting it to copy the cover art too along with the other metadata into the processed file for the next version? It creates a lot of additional work because it leaves the cover art out of the metadata.