All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 am 

Quote:
Display level is relative to the input level, with 6 dB headroom. So if the input level is really low it will look like this.
Sure. That's not the bug though. The bug is that ONLY SOME of those scopes are lower than the others. Look at the MIDDLE scope in the screenshot I posted, for showing the umbrella. It's not the same scale as the other scopes.

Btw, that input is -24 LKFS, and was a loudness warred track. :) Not an abnormal input level, and unfortunately not abnormal source. But yeah, not what I'm reporting. ;)

Quote:
(Pfew. Running a release build is taking more than 24 hours now, using 4 4.0 GHz cores on an i7-6700K with SSD drive and 32 GB of memory).

+ figuring out why your compiler isn't multi-threading properly. It should be ~maxing all of your cores, unless you *need* an compiler/linker optimization that isn't compatible with multi-threaded compilation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
+ figuring out why your compiler isn't multi-threading properly. It should be ~maxing all of your cores, unless you *need* an compiler/linker optimization that isn't compatible with multi-threaded compilation.
It's that. All the stages except for the last one are multi-threaded. But that last one takes more than 90% of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 am 

Quote:
that last one takes more than 90% of the time.
ahh.... link time code generation i assume.

just curious, what's the difference in performance without it on? i would think it should be noticeable, since you would ~ lose inline function expansion, for starters.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15