All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2329 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10068
Quote:
Hi Hans

Disabling Composite Clipper puts MicroMPX into la-la land - console scrolls with heaps of these...

warning: Received out of range packet 4019170179, but playback timestamp is 4018801815, accepting

Does not recover unless Clipper is turned back on.
Actually if disabled and MicroMPX option turned on in ST, same result. Appears it needs to be on regardless?

Limited success with looping output of MicroMPX into MPXTool to monitor and decode.
Level is fine, Pilot is fine, RDS is fine, pilot modulation 0.0% but getting poor audio.
Frequency sweep tone (assume from unlicensed feature in ST) sounds clean, but audio sounds overdriven (blurry).

Command line used: MicroMPX_BETA902-010.exe -c 8854 -a "Line Out (Breakaway Pipeline 3)" -b 400 -X -g 0.7

Ross
The 64 bit version of Stereo Tool + MicroMPX has a build issue, so if you're using 64 bit, please try 32 instead. Tonight's build will fix that.

I don't see any effects here (except less good audio) from enabling/disabling composite clipper, advanced clipper, hard limit.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10068
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Hans

Disabling Composite Clipper puts MicroMPX into la-la land - console scrolls with heaps of these...

warning: Received out of range packet 4019170179, but playback timestamp is 4018801815, accepting

Does not recover unless Clipper is turned back on.
Actually if disabled and MicroMPX option turned on in ST, same result. Appears it needs to be on regardless?

Limited success with looping output of MicroMPX into MPXTool to monitor and decode.
Level is fine, Pilot is fine, RDS is fine, pilot modulation 0.0% but getting poor audio.
Frequency sweep tone (assume from unlicensed feature in ST) sounds clean, but audio sounds overdriven (blurry).

Command line used: MicroMPX_BETA902-010.exe -c 8854 -a "Line Out (Breakaway Pipeline 3)" -b 400 -X -g 0.7

Ross
The 64 bit version of Stereo Tool + MicroMPX has a build issue, so if you're using 64 bit, please try 32 instead. Tonight's build will fix that.

I don't see any effects here (except less good audio) from enabling/disabling composite clipper, advanced clipper, hard limit.
Ok I think I found what's going on. Are you by any chance using "Ignore high frequencies" (under Configuration -> CPU & Latency)?

If so, please turn it off, OR force it to run upto 19200 Hz (by setting it at or slightly below that). Any other value will cause the MicroMPX encoder to malfunction; I'll change the code so it will automatically go to 19200 or the maximum when MicroMPX is on.

Edit: Solved, will be ok in tonight's build.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10068
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:


tried command line tool but it also refuses to run without license (how do I paste it in?)
also how can I launch web version then? (it will not launch without valid license)
They should (and on my end, do) work without any license. If you want to completely skip any license checking, use option -X for the command line version. For the web version, it makes no difference. Note: The web version opens in the system tray, so you might have missed it!
nope CMD one crashes without license and with -X option it works (does it play any beeps?)
Image

while Web version crashes from the start and in cmd it does not display anything while in MinGW it displays what I posted before
I can't think of any logical reason for this. I'll send you a command line version with extra logging to see if we can get more info from that.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:12 pm
Posts: 21
Hi Hans, several tests have showed us great results: the AF function is obeyed by most radio tuners. More testing going on now :-)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:42 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 10068
Stereo Tool 9.02 BETA011

1. Not only Stereo Tool, but also the MicroMPX encoder that's now built into this Stereo Tool build is a beta version.
2. Extra logging added to MicroMPX to find veso266's crash. @veso266: Please run the command line version as you did before and send me the full output. (If you cant, at least the end!)

The code that measures sample rate differences between sound cards (for both Stereo Tool and the MicroMPX decoder) is in the process of being rewritten and is VERY heavy at this point. This can potentially lead to buffer underruns, especially on slower systems. That's why there's no new Pi version.


Known issues:
- veso266's crash
- When changing the IP address in the encoder GUI, the stream doesn't always seem to recover properly.


Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-011.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 02-011.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 02-011.dll
MicroMPX web based decoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
MicroMPX web based encoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
libsndfile-1.dll (needed for MicroMPX decoder and command line version, place in same directory): MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/libsndfile-1.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-011.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 02-011.dll

ARM (Raspberry Pi 2/3 etc) 32 bit: STILL BETA010!
MicroMPX web based decoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010
MicroMPX web based encoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010
MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010


CHANGES:
  • MicroMPX sounded very bad in 64 bit Stereo Tool build - wrong compiler setting for 64 bit, fixed.
  • MicroMPX: Can't handle "Ignore high frequencies" values other than 19200.
  • MicroMPX: Stereo Tool built-in encoder does not get activated (and "Force generate composite doesn't work either) when the FM output is running in ASIO mode at 44/48 kHz. -> Changed, now the FM output will play silence and show an error message in this situation.
  • MicroMPX: Stereo Tool built-in encoder didn't output valid data for certain "Ignore high frequencies" settings. Limited the number of accepted frequencies to 19200 Hz and the normal maximum.
  • Check MB1 clip display -> Was indeed missing, fixed.
  • Update preset Dutch Moose
  • Add sweep tones (30-60000 and 10-80000 Hz)
  • Add MagicRDS hex number support
  • ClockShift redesign: Extremely heavy now.
  • c0000409 error Added logging

    OLD CHANGES:
  • Added MicroMPX encoder to Stereo Tool!
  • Add ThimeoKoekError to Stereo Tool
  • uMPX decoder: Not stable with password protection, and asserts on bad data (should just print a warning)
  • uMPX: decoder: Check password activation on startup
  • uMPX decoder: License was saved in current directory, which fails in Program Files.
  • uMPX decoder: Ignore ticks for too late packets
  • Redesign ClockShift - seems better than before (needed to measure sound card sample rate offset - to keep MicroMPX decoder in sync)
  • Multiband 2 clipper default values were taken from earlier version and set to -infinity dB, leading to silence (BETA004).
  • GUI priority is too low now (BETA003/004) - removed lowering it for plugin version.
  • GUI: 4K weird flashing since last Windows update
  • RDS: Support for ODA. probably ok
  • RDS: Support for EON Partially working, need to add burst mode, linkage, freqs, turning on/off via command
  • RDS: EON: Support for multiple AF frequencies
  • MicroMPX crashes on closing -> Join thread was missing
  • uMPX: Add entering & applying hash
  • uMPX encoder: Add new settings to separate encoder
  • uMPX decoder: Add password + hash
  • SST build fails, incorrectly including something from MicroMPX somehow?
  • Made MB clipper completely separate from limiter, so you can now use both at the same time
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way. -> Value was set to 0 after displaying and could be displayed again before a new value was set.
  • Output scope runs too slow in certain situations
  • Output scope can lag behind (GuntherM) -> Probably fixed by previous fix, waiting for feedback
  • Check uMPX disabled when FM disabled -> Yes, but GUI wasn't.
  • Mac VST plugin didn't work.
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder - Woohoo, full build now takes 12 hours (was 30)
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script for much faster build - partially done

    PLANNED:
  • MicroMPX: c0000409 error - waiting for feedback - Cause known, will fix tomorrow
  • MicroMPX: Redesign ClockShift with median -> NO, removed stfu
  • MicroMPX: Error when changing IP address in GUI
  • MicroMPX: Decoder could crash on close
  • MB clipper levels are affected by Band Mix
  • Delay on handling changed IP/port numbers. Or smart queue which removes duplicates
  • ClockShift: Wait for test results
  • MicroMPX: Move in Stereo Tool menu (streaming too)
  • Check sound of Analog Pleasure Big FM in 7.84 vs 8.23 vs 8.40 vs 9.02. -> Reported that 7.84 sounds much better than 9.02, but 7.84 and 9.02 are virtually the same here...
  • MicroMPX: highs idea BUSY
  • Update presets Wes
  • Bug report: Linux version uses 100% CPU on one thread, even in bypass mode (must be sound card thread?) -> Not here. Not sure what's going on.....
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently
    -
  • RDS: EON: Support for other type of AF frequencies?
  • RDS: Support for AF method B
  • Brian, NAB
  • MOBO
  • uMPX encoder/plugin: Sound card speed message
  • uMPX decoder: Add multicast subscribe
  • Add MagicRDS AF method B support


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am
Posts: 65
Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.02 BETA011

1. Not only Stereo Tool, but also the MicroMPX encoder that's now built into this Stereo Tool build is a beta version.
2. Extra logging added to MicroMPX to find veso266's crash. @veso266: Please run the command line version as you did before and send me the full output. (If you cant, at least the end!)

The code that measures sample rate differences between sound cards (for both Stereo Tool and the MicroMPX decoder) is in the process of being rewritten and is VERY heavy at this point. This can potentially lead to buffer underruns, especially on slower systems. That's why there's no new Pi version.


Known issues:
- veso266's crash
- When changing the IP address in the encoder GUI, the stream doesn't always seem to recover properly.


Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-011.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 02-011.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 02-011.dll
MicroMPX web based decoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
MicroMPX web based encoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 02-011.exe
libsndfile-1.dll (needed for MicroMPX decoder and command line version, place in same directory): MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/libsndfile-1.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-011.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 02-011.dll

ARM (Raspberry Pi 2/3 etc) 32 bit: STILL BETA010!
MicroMPX web based decoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010
MicroMPX web based encoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010
MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... ETA902-010


CHANGES:
  • MicroMPX sounded very bad in 64 bit Stereo Tool build - wrong compiler setting for 64 bit, fixed.
  • MicroMPX: Can't handle "Ignore high frequencies" values other than 19200.
  • MicroMPX: Stereo Tool built-in encoder does not get activated (and "Force generate composite doesn't work either) when the FM output is running in ASIO mode at 44/48 kHz. -> Changed, now the FM output will play silence and show an error message in this situation.
  • MicroMPX: Stereo Tool built-in encoder didn't output valid data for certain "Ignore high frequencies" settings. Limited the number of accepted frequencies to 19200 Hz and the normal maximum.
  • Check MB1 clip display -> Was indeed missing, fixed.
  • Update preset Dutch Moose
  • Add sweep tones (30-60000 and 10-80000 Hz)
  • Add MagicRDS hex number support
  • ClockShift redesign: Extremely heavy now.
  • c0000409 error Added logging

    OLD CHANGES:
  • Added MicroMPX encoder to Stereo Tool!
  • Add ThimeoKoekError to Stereo Tool
  • uMPX decoder: Not stable with password protection, and asserts on bad data (should just print a warning)
  • uMPX: decoder: Check password activation on startup
  • uMPX decoder: License was saved in current directory, which fails in Program Files.
  • uMPX decoder: Ignore ticks for too late packets
  • Redesign ClockShift - seems better than before (needed to measure sound card sample rate offset - to keep MicroMPX decoder in sync)
  • Multiband 2 clipper default values were taken from earlier version and set to -infinity dB, leading to silence (BETA004).
  • GUI priority is too low now (BETA003/004) - removed lowering it for plugin version.
  • GUI: 4K weird flashing since last Windows update
  • RDS: Support for ODA. probably ok
  • RDS: Support for EON Partially working, need to add burst mode, linkage, freqs, turning on/off via command
  • RDS: EON: Support for multiple AF frequencies
  • MicroMPX crashes on closing -> Join thread was missing
  • uMPX: Add entering & applying hash
  • uMPX encoder: Add new settings to separate encoder
  • uMPX decoder: Add password + hash
  • SST build fails, incorrectly including something from MicroMPX somehow?
  • Made MB clipper completely separate from limiter, so you can now use both at the same time
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way. -> Value was set to 0 after displaying and could be displayed again before a new value was set.
  • Output scope runs too slow in certain situations
  • Output scope can lag behind (GuntherM) -> Probably fixed by previous fix, waiting for feedback
  • Check uMPX disabled when FM disabled -> Yes, but GUI wasn't.
  • Mac VST plugin didn't work.
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder - Woohoo, full build now takes 12 hours (was 30)
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script for much faster build - partially done

    PLANNED:
  • c0000409 error - waiting for feedback
  • Update presets Wes
  • Redesign ClockShift with median
  • Optimize ClockShift after getting confirmation that it now works well
  • Bug report: Linux version uses 100% CPU on one thread, even in bypass mode (must be sound card thread?) -> Not here. Not sure what's going on.....
  • MicroMPX: Error when changing IP address in GUI
  • MicroMPX: highs idea
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently
    -
  • RDS: EON: Support for other type of AF frequencies?
  • RDS: Support for AF method B
  • Brian, NAB
  • MOBO
  • Delay on handling changed IP/port numbers. Or smart queue which removes duplicates
  • uMPX encoder/plugin: Sound card speed message
  • uMPX decoder: Add multicast subscribe
  • Add MagicRDS AF method B support
OK running it like this: MicroMPX_BETA902-011 -c 8854
it gets to License request code stage then it crashes (what license lib are you using?, if running it with MicroMPX_BETA902-011 --license info I get a readme and Warenty it aphears it you are using open source libs in it, is this allowed?(what did you use beside portAudio?))

not sure what logging you added, because it does not make any sense to me :)
Code:
This is MicroMPX 1.4.0b2.
Start with no options for usage info.

Start with --licenseinfo to read 3rd-party library licenses.

PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4

L1
L2
2018-07-13 22:21:27.036     info: 44 Audio devices available. Scanning for outpu
t devices supporting 192kHz
2018-07-13 22:21:27.039     info: Output 13: Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable) (Windo
ws WASAPI, exclusive: yes; 2 channels)
L6
L3
l1
l2
2018-07-13 22:21:27.072     info: Output 15: Speakers (Realtek High Definition A
udio) (Windows WASAPI, exclusive: yes; 2 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.082     info: Output 17: Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable) (Windo
ws WASAPI, exclusive: yes; 2 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 24: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio output)
(Windows WDM-KS 8 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 27: SPDIF Out (Realtek HDA SPDIF Optica
l Out) (Windows WDM-KS 2 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 28: SPDIF Out (Realtek HDA SPDIF Out) (
Windows WDM-KS 2 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 31: Line Out (Virtual Cable 1) (Windows
 WDM-KS 8 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 33: Line Out (Virtual Cable 2) (Windows
 WDM-KS 8 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 35: Line Out (Virtual Cable 3) (Windows
 WDM-KS 8 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 37: Line Out (Virtual Cable 4) (Windows
 WDM-KS 8 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 39: Line Out (Breakaway Pipeline 1) (Wi
ndows WDM-KS 64 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 41: Line Out (Breakaway Pipeline 2) (Wi
ndows WDM-KS 64 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: Output 43: Line Out (Breakaway Pipeline 3) (Wi
ndows WDM-KS 64 channels)
2018-07-13 22:21:27.120     info: 13 suitable sound cards found
2018-07-13 22:21:27.122 critical: You do not have a license for MicroMPX decoder
!
l4
l5
l7
l8
l9
1 1
2 0
3 1
5
6 0
7 0
8 0
9 -1
D 24
10 0
11
12
13 0
DL 12
14
15 0
16 0
17 0
18 33
19 0
21
22
23
12
13 1
24
25
9 0
D 29
10 0
11
12
13 0
DL 12
14
15 0
16 1
17 0
18 41
19 1
21
22
23
12
13 0
DL 12
14
15 0
16 2
17 0
18 41
19 2
21
22
23
12
13 0
DL 12
14
15 0
16 3
17 0
18 17
19 3
21
22
23
12
13 0
DL 12
14
15 0
16 4
17 0
18 17
19 4
21
22
23
12
13 1
24
25
26
27
28
29 5
l10 5
l11 4 5
l12 8
l13
l14 118
l15
l16
l17
L4
2018-07-13 22:21:27.494     info: License Request Code: 95a5ff8ebf5bd05a984501b7
220a1c10d4977329f2ca8e950244048ed302fab719a75547b67bb5c244e07eaa9ab212eae75776ee
c0fd6777984c4f3446834e3bdc6c0a0d3981aefcd2af4684b5e87765f85577bacfba417bebdd5490
ee90
the web client crashes without any output in cmd but in MinGW32 I get this
Code:
Mitja@Mitja764 MINGW32 /tobuild
$ ./MicroMPX_Decoder_BETA902-011
This is MicroMPX 1.4.0b2.
PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4

2018-07-13 22:34:31.871 critical: You do not have a license for MicroMPX decoder!
no extra logging in here it aphears

PS: does anyone know if you can use ASIO with VAC (because there is always like 2 second latency (2 seconds from player to ST, then another 2 from ST to GNURadio which is modulating and feeding FM into my HackRF


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:01 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 am
Posts: 43
Hans,

I've just done an update to my latest preset using V9.02beta011 & the saved .sts file is 384KB, when the others have always been around 118KB in size.

What extra things is it saving in there now?

It's a full FM export all settings file, it's also now too large to upload to the forums.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:22 pm
Posts: 261
Quote:
Hans,

I've just done an update to my latest preset using V9.02beta011 & the saved .sts file is 384KB, when the others have always been around 118KB in size.

What extra things is it saving in there now?

It's a full FM export all settings file, it's also now too large to upload to the forums.
For a while, there was a condition where it would insist on re-enabling PNR data, which made the file huge. Could you check that's disabled, clear PNR and save again, and maybe see if it's better?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 am
Posts: 43
Quote:
For a while, there was a condition where it would insist on re-enabling PNR data, which made the file huge. Could you check that's disabled, clear PNR and save again, and maybe see if it's better?
That's fixed it, thanks Wes.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:43 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:22 pm
Posts: 261
Quote:
Quote:
For a while, there was a condition where it would insist on re-enabling PNR data, which made the file huge. Could you check that's disabled, clear PNR and save again, and maybe see if it's better?
That's fixed it, thanks Wes.
Good. I tried for a long time to shame Hans into fixing that. I thought I finally succeeded. Guess not.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2329 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited