All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1329 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 pm 

Quote:
Another thing that I could like is to be able to place the Single Band compressor before the MB2.
Yep, there or even before the eq.

Hans, could you please have a look at this. I'm quite convinced now it's a bug.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:45 pm 

Hi Hans,

Where can I find a working Mac VST plugin? The 64 bit version is not functioning (grey screen in the plugin window in Adobe Audition CC (latest version)).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans,

Where can I find a working Mac VST plugin? The 64 bit version is not functioning (grey screen in the plugin window in Adobe Audition CC (latest version)).
Ah, my script doesn't automatically upload the Mac builds - this is exactly the issue that was fixed in this latest build though.

Edit: I didn't even run the Mac build :( will do so in the next build.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi! I kinda understand that having MB limiters + clippers can be useful (so I'll enable that - it's just a matter of making the clipper a slider with a different value instead of an "instead of" checkbox). I'm not too use about some other things, so let me ask why:
Quote:
In my opinion from a user's standpoint, I'd eliminate the graphic EQ entirely and have instead the paraEQ in its place. The graphic EQ is too difficult to draw out a smooth curve with a mouse. ParaEQ as far more easier to manipulate. Besides that, the MB output mix controls already serve as a band-for-band graphic EQ. How many EQ filters does one really need to have in a chain? It seems redundant.
Well, right now you can choose if you want it to be a graphic EQ or a parametric. I know lots of people who prefer graphic..... And I need room for the display anyway, so removing it doesn't seem to have any advantages.
Quote:
Noise Reduction section could be built into the MB 1 section sitting at the input and assisting MB1 handle noisy program material when needed to. Now that there's a clipper in MB 1 and 2, in MB 1 the Noise Gate could replace the Peak Limiter. Or, turn MB2 entirely into a MB limiter
Yes, but then it's placed after the AGC, and I would need to send the AGC attenuation values to MB1 to compensate for them again. What's the purpose of this proposal, except for removing a stage from the GUI?
Quote:
TruBass feature could be coupled into the ParaEQ section to help further smooth out bass harmonics (before MB), instead of being its own stand-alone section
True Bass isn't something like an EQ. It actually generates tones that weren't there in the original. So it shouldn't be mixed with an EQ.
Quote:
Single Band could (if possible) be rewritten into a soft Limiter before the Adv Clipper.
Here it gets interesting. Why would you want a soft limiter before the advanced clipper? There already is a limiter (instead of clipper) mode if you want to use that. Just enable "Limit instead" under "Advanced Clipper".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Another thing that I could like is to be able to place the Single Band compressor before the MB2.
Same question: What effect are you after?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, there or even before the eq.

Hans, could you please have a look at this. I'm quite convinced now it's a bug.
This does indeed look like a bug :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 pm 

NaN directly when opening the ST 9.01 GUI. Trying to close the exception window resulted in the same NaN again. Restarted ST and now it's gone.Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm 

In the process of buying and converting to 9.01 / auto eq we ran a test this weekend (windows 7 updated upgraded, i7 8 core) on 7500 wavs batch processed by wavosaur. After a certain period of time the license message is in every wav. A bit further there is no sound anymore in the output. I will report in more detail on this, when exactly this starts to happen and hope this is not part of the licensed 9.01 EQ version because this would be really a big bug to us using preprocessed much. This week we will start the Linux test and the Rasberry 3 B+ testing. If this works 100% we will buy start converting.

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm 

Please listen to these two wavs. The only difference in the settings is auto eq on or off (both on and both off). Tapenoise / Hiss / Static coming in in the intro when on.

https://we.tl/Fh6uYn8Pua

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Please listen to these two wavs. The only difference in the settings is auto eq on or off (both on and both off). Tapenoise / Hiss / Static coming in in the intro when on.

https://we.tl/Fh6uYn8Pua
Hm, something else is wrong here. That first one (without the noise) sounds like some extreme noise filtering has been performed. It sounds pretty muffled. That can't be the noise gate in Stereo Tool. Because that's at the start of the chain - before Auto EQ - and also doesn't respond to level changes. Unless the input level was also different - or something else - or you're running a noise filter afterwards.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1329 Next