All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1429 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
In the process of buying and converting to 9.01 / auto eq we ran a test this weekend (windows 7 updated upgraded, i7 8 core) on 7500 wavs batch processed by wavosaur. After a certain period of time the license message is in every wav. A bit further there is no sound anymore in the output. I will report in more detail on this, when exactly this starts to happen and hope this is not part of the licensed 9.01 EQ version because this would be really a big bug to us using preprocessed much. This week we will start the Linux test and the Rasberry 3 B+ testing. If this works 100% we will buy start converting.
The text in every .wav is normal if you used the VST without license. Silence is not... no idea what that can be. (It could also be Wavosaur, I have no idea).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
NaN directly when opening the ST 9.01 GUI. Trying to close the exception window resulted in the same NaN again. Restarted ST and now it's gone.
Multiband 1 bands 2 and 3. Did you see/hear anything odd when this happened?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Please listen to these two wavs. The only difference in the settings is auto eq on or off (both on and both off). Tapenoise / Hiss / Static coming in in the intro when on.

https://we.tl/Fh6uYn8Pua
Hm, something else is wrong here. That first one (without the noise) sounds like some extreme noise filtering has been performed. It sounds pretty muffled. That can't be the noise gate in Stereo Tool. Because that's at the start of the chain - before Auto EQ - and also doesn't respond to level changes. Unless the input level was also different - or something else - or you're running a noise filter afterwards.
Absolutely not, it's HD WAV in over dehummer standard settings and Noise Removal FM standard settings. Unfortunately I cannot show the Noise Removal on this test node because once again the display for the VST plugin is somehow not displaying correctly. Also I am already testing if it is Wavosaur. Using 8.23 and the same 7500 fully licensed. If this goes 100% it is not Wavosaur but Stereotool 9.01, I will let you know later on.
Attachment:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 150.28 KiB | Viewed 4353 times ]

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm 

@hvz: I mean, where is the updated VST Plugin download link? The current 64 bit version does NOT work on macOS / Adobe Audition.

Edit: just noticed your edit haha...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
NaN directly when opening the ST 9.01 GUI. Trying to close the exception window resulted in the same NaN again. Restarted ST and now it's gone.
Sorry, no. I didn't even come so for as to do or hear anything (audio was paused).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:14 pm 

Solved the VST display out of range, setting forced "full screen mode" solved it (pic attached), turning this off messes up the display.

On Linux Debian 8 / Mate Desktop also Stereotool Jack GUI now works

(uname -a): Linux RDServer 3.16.0-5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.51-3+deb8u1 (2018-01-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Attachment:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 177.6 KiB | Viewed 4309 times ]

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 pm 

JdR2, I played the first file (no Auto EQ's) through Stereo Tool and turned both AutoEQ's on.

There is definitely noise in the top end that's in the file that the EQ is bringing out. (It's there with any EQ if top end is boosted.) But, it's NO WHERE near as bad as your second file.

You should probably post your Stereo Tool settings (Save -> All Settings (Export)) and post the .sts file here, as well as the original unprocessed .wav file.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
JdR2, I played the first file (no Auto EQ's) through Stereo Tool and turned both AutoEQ's on.

There is definitely noise in the top end that's in the file that the EQ is bringing out. (It's there with any EQ if top end is boosted.) But, it's NO WHERE near as bad as your second file.

You should probably post your Stereo Tool settings (Save -> All Settings (Export)) and post the .sts file here, as well as the original unprocessed .wav file.
That might indeed help. Based on the sound I have no idea what's going on. But it should not sound like this.

By the way, at the start of a file, Auto EQ does nothing at all. See my reply below about opening a separate instance for a new track - if Wavosaur does not do that I would say it's not suitable to process multiple files....... (Still it doesn't explain what I'm hearing in those 2 files).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Unfortunately I cannot show the Noise Removal on this test node because once again the display for the VST plugin is somehow not displaying correctly.
That should be fixed in the latest 9.02 beta.
Quote:
Also I am already testing if it is Wavosaur. Using 8.23 and the same 7500 fully licensed. If this goes 100% it is not Wavosaur but Stereotool 9.01, I will let you know later on.
That's not really a guarrantee, but if 8.23 is ok, the chance that it's Stereo Tool does increase. Normally, or at least that's how it should be, a program like Wavosaur should create a separate instance of Stereo Tool for each file, to get rid of any history (very loud or very soft end of the previous song could affect how the new song gets processed). If it does indeed create a separate instance every time, then EVEN if something would go completely wrong in Stereo Tool, the next track should be fine again.

If you saw the output is silence, does that really mean that the scope line is drawn in the center? Or is there no scope line visible at all?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, no. I didn't even come so for as to do or hear anything (audio was paused).
Just to be clear - you got this message before ANY audio was passed through the chain??? (Which Stereo Tool version are you running, DSP, VST, stand alone? And when you say 'paused', does that mean silence or really paused - Stereo Tool not doing anything, CPU load 0% etc?)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1429 Next