All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1229 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:19 pm 

Just unpack it with e.g. 7-Zip and you're fine. The installer is only annoying anyways (installs to wrong directory, opens website, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans, would you please consider removing the Winamp requirements and prompts from the dsp installer? Are they needed? I know some will always use winamp, so maybe it should stay, but I wonder how many use the DSP in other software...
Good one. Actually you can already install it inside another program as long as it has a Plugins-directory, but it might be possible to make things easier (I'm not sure how though).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:39 pm 

I use it in MediaMonkey and I always need to change the install directory manually. I also need to switch off the "Winamp bug fix" option in the Stereo Tool settings because I don't think I need it in MediaMonkey? It's on by default. I don't know if there are any disadvantages having it on in MediaMonkey? I don't know how many actually notice that they could switch it off if they use other programs than Winamp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I use it in MediaMonkey and I always need to change the install directory manually. I also need to switch off the "Winamp bug fix" option in the Stereo Tool settings because I don't think I need it in MediaMonkey? It's on by default. I don't know if there are any disadvantages having it on in MediaMonkey? I don't know how many actually notice that they could switch it off if they use other programs than Winamp.
It probably doesn't hurt to leave it on. And it might affect more programs than just Winamp.

Winamp, stops sending audio to the sound card at the end of a track, and then waits until the new one starts. Since Stereo Tool causes a small delay and is unaware of the fact that a new track starts, it will play the end of the previous file at the beginning of the new one - after the silence so it will sound like a hiccup.

This setting just clears the buffer if nothing happens for a while (which would be in Winamp when a new track starts).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 9.02 BETA003

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-003.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 02-003.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 02-003.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-003.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 02-003.dll

CHANGES:
  • Mac VST plugin didn't work.
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder - Woohoo, full build now takes 12 hours (was 30)

OLD CHANGES:
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script for much faster build - partially done

PLANNED:
  • Output scope runs too slow in certain situations
  • Output scope can lag behind (GuntherM) -> Probably fixed by previous fix, waiting for feedback
  • Check uMPX disabled when FM disabled -> Yes, but GUI wasn't.
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way. -> Value was set to 0 after displaying and could be displayed again before a new value was set.
  • Made MB clipper completely separate from limiter, so you can now use both at the same time
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am 

HI HANS
very good move to add clippers in the MB...very useffull
thanks again :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 am 

Hello Hans,

In my opinion, limiters and clippers can work simultaneously.
The process chain I'm dreaming of this: wb AGC > multiband AGC's > multiband expanders > multiband Compressors > multiband Limiters > multiband clippers + bass clipper > final clipper.
So if you can make the multiband limiters coexist with the multiband clippers, I say yes!

Last edited by dorian038 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:53 am 

HI AGAIN
yes i agree and just remember stereo tool is the only programm in the market when you put in factory settings in the input squear tone in the output you get squear is the only believe me ....
hans i,m testing on air is going vey well ...until now no problems at all///

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:36 pm 

I like dorian's idea. But how about expanding on it this way: "(< > = before/after)"

Input> AGC> <AutoEQ> Stereo> EQ/ParaEQ> Multiband1 + Clipper (no limiter)> MB2 (optional)> BS/BC> Final Limiter> Adv Clipper

In my opinion from a user's standpoint, I'd eliminate the graphic EQ entirely and have instead the paraEQ in its place. The graphic EQ is too difficult to draw out a smooth curve with a mouse. ParaEQ as far more easier to manipulate. Besides that, the MB output mix controls already serve as a band-for-band graphic EQ. How many EQ filters does one really need to have in a chain? It seems redundant.

Noise Reduction section could be built into the MB 1 section sitting at the input and assisting MB1 handle noisy program material when needed to. Now that there's a clipper in MB 1 and 2, in MB 1 the Noise Gate could replace the Peak Limiter. Or, turn MB2 entirely into a MB limiter

Make the attack/release in the MB program adaptive. The AutoEQ has program adaptive algorithms that control the levels of the selected bands. Why not employ similar algorithms in the MB section? A lot of time spent adjusting those att/rel times can be eliminated. The only thing you'd need to do is follow the same setup procedure as you would with the AutoEQ. So maybe this would be something like a paid feature that could be tied with Dynamic Ratio. So you'd have a license for AutoEQ + Dynamic Ratio + MB Auto Att/Rel.

TruBass feature could be coupled into the ParaEQ section to help further smooth out bass harmonics (before MB), instead of being its own stand-alone section

Single Band could (if possible) be rewritten into a soft Limiter before the Adv Clipper.

Just some ideas that I've been having. Since Stereo Tool is a community development project, I thought I'd contribute and offer some ideas. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:43 pm 

Another thing that I could like is to be able to place the Single Band compressor before the MB2.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1229 Next