All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2129 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Just for clarity:

MicroMPX encoder is now part of Stereo Tool!

See the latest beta on the previous page. Decoder is also available there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 pm 

Great news!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:36 am 

Licence page on old skins is pulliing new skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Those new color buttons (red, green etc) are new so they don't exist in any older skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm 

Quote:
Just for clarity:

MicroMPX encoder is now part of Stereo Tool!

See the latest beta on the previous page. Decoder is also available there.
Fantastic news Hans! Made my week!
A couple of quick questions -:

Will you be supporting SSB Composite clipping and Multipath Clipper in conjunction with MicroMPX?
(Seems when MicroMPX is enabled, both SSB and Multipath gets disabled?)

Are the 9x IP output streams able to be individually allocated some form of sending buffer so you can sync things (ie run a very basic SFN)?

Assume you will be updating your product page to purchase a valid license when 9.02 is released?

Running the decoder or encoder exe throws up an error indicating it could not find the libsndfile-1.dll?
Is it suppose to find it or the exe needing to be run from a particular location?

Regards

Rossco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will you be supporting SSB Composite clipping and Multipath Clipper in conjunction with MicroMPX?
(Seems when MicroMPX is enabled, both SSB and Multipath gets disabled?)
Composite: No. Multipath clipper should not get disabled?? Where/how do you see that? I just tested it here to make sure, and I don't see anything happening.
Quote:
Are the 9x IP output streams able to be individually allocated some form of sending buffer so you can sync things (ie run a very basic SFN)?
You shouldn't need an individual buffer for that. For SFN you need VERY precise (below 1 microsecond) alignment and for that you really need a GPS receiver (which kinda is supported, but not yet fully built in - will come). For aligning multiple decoders at different frequencies, that's easy and already works (although there appears to be a bug that can sometimes cause some drifting, we're still looking into that).
Quote:
Assume you will be updating your product page to purchase a valid license when 9.02 is released?
Yes.
Quote:
Running the decoder or encoder exe throws up an error indicating it could not find the libsndfile-1.dll?
Is it suppose to find it or the exe needing to be run from a particular location?
Ah, oops. Will upload that file and add it to the downloads. It's needed for the backup player (you can setup a backup file in case the stream drops). --> Done. Just place it in the same directory as the .exe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Those new color buttons (red, green etc) are new so they don't exist in any older skin.
was like that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
was like that
Yes. But in the new display you can see if things are enabled but not used, and if things are used but not enabled. So that's a lot better. But, it needs new buttons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm 

When i close from "exit" the Encoder i got this: You know "Send , don`t send"

AppName: micrompx_encoder_beta902-010.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: micrompx_encoder_beta902-010.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000c6939

P.S: Decoder not making this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 pm 

Quote:
Ok. "Small" problem then: Other programs DO use decimal numbers and they use the same command. And some might use a mix. Ugh. So how do I support both??? Without adding yet another selection, that nobody will know what to set to :(

(By the way, Windows "calc" can do these conversions!)

Edit: For now I'll just add an ASCII (MagicRDS) selection to the list. Which treats any number as hex. That's an easy fix for now.
Edit 2: Hm. Ok. The current code doesn't really make sense. For PTY, I was already expecting hex numbers. For AF I was expecting decimal numbers. Checking now what MagicRDS does.....
Edit 3: Ah. AFCH= seems to be MagicRDS specific (I googled "AFCH=" "RDS" and everything I find points to MagicRDS). So it's pretty easy to convert that to hex without any side effects.

Edit 4: Ugh. This makes no sense. MagicRDS sends the PTY code as a decimal number (and for some reason I was reading it as hex, not sure anymore why I did that...), but AF is apparently sent as hex. Greeeeeeat..... :(

Ok. So. This is a bit weird.

First, AF method A. I think I'm correctly supporting that now. (the next build will support hex numbers for AFCH=).

Then AF method B. I've tried the following: Set frequencies 87.7 (02), 87.8 (03), 87.9 (04) as AF's with the same content as our actual signal at 87.6 (01). Set 88.4 (09), 88.5 (0A) and 88.6 (0B) as regional variants.

Here's what MagicRDS sends me:
Code:
AF=A
AFCH=01,01,02,01,03,01,04,09,01,0A,01,0B,01
AF=1
AFCH=
AF=2
AF=B
That first line AF=A, makes no sense at all.
The 2nd line shows pairs: 01, 01/02, 01/03, 01/04, 09/01, 0A/01, 0B/01. 01 is our own frequency, the ones where 01 is first are identical, the ones where 01 the last on the list are regional variants (it's a bit more complex than this but in this case this is true).
Then, AF=1. Why?
AFCH= - an empty list - why??
AF=2 - why?
AF=B - makes sense, but why send AF=A first? Besides, for the RDS encoder itself it makes no difference, all it needs to do is send the list on the 2nd line. But NOT the empty list.

So, I'm not really sure what's happening here and what the extra lines mean. They will cause the current code to fail, because the 2nd line will be parsed after the first one and will clear the whole list.

This is what you get for method A:
Code:
AF=A
AFCH=01,02,03,09,0A,0B
Which makes perfect sense and works. Anyone any idea what's happening here?

(MagicRDS was written to talk to Pira's own RDS encoder, so it's basically a propriatory format)

Final edit: MagicRDS doesn't support more than 12 AF frequencies for method B. I could basically ONLY accept AFCH after AF=A, but without understanding what I'm doing that sounds like a bad idea...
Have you en/disabled the AF A method first? And deselected the frequencies there?

Like I said Hans, I think it's a great thing to build 'conversion tag'. A window with:

If ST gets "XXX=..." as data, interpret XXX as [Function].

ST Function: AF
Mapped in external software as: ALTFREQ=x
Type: (Let's user select HEX or whatever) [HEX/DECIMAL/TEXT]
(for example).

Let users map the RDS fields in the future, and make some documentation of what parameters StereoTool can handle (Like: AF accepts HEX (00..0F... = xyz), AF Accepts A,B or 0. Etcetera.
This way you don't have to build other functions or code in the future if there is new software you "don't support YET", and no more customizing the code of StereoTool for other software packages.

Voila: StereoTool RDS ASCII Commands Mapper is born.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2129 Next