All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I use the stand alone version.

Tried the new version. It still hangs sometimes when loading presets. It sometimes even hangs when selecting the same preset a couple of times. I removed stereotool and reinstalled it. Sometimes it also hangs when pressing reset.
Ok, I've now been able to reproduce it here too. It only seems to happen in the stand alone version, in other versions I couldn't reproduce it.

I'll hold back the release until I've solved this issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 am 
Site Admin

Found & solved it!

Will upload the fixed version tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Uploaded as BETA again (link in first post).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
i can always make it default (smaller)...

i am trying to force ST window to do that again .. but with this beta i still can't.
Hi Bojcha,

A few versions ago I changed something in the resize/maximize implementation because it didn't always work properly. Did you see this behavior in the last few versions? (I don't know exactly when I changed it, but the change is definitely available in the last few versions).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:55 pm 

Quote:
A few versions ago I changed something in the resize/maximize implementation because it didn't always work properly. Did you see this behavior in the last few versions? (I don't know exactly when I changed it, but the change is definitely available in the last few versions).
it still doing that. :| BNow i am on totally different PC. WinXP sp3, AMD AM2 Dualcore..

I notice that still when loading preset when 512, 1024, 2048 mode is used, it force it to 4096 both standalone and dsp.
i have one 5.0b (standalone) from few days ago, there Latency mode is remembered always.

Is it good idea to put this Latency mode with preset? Safest way.

edit: Loading preset from FILE keeps Latency mode .. only Loading preset from menu push it always to 4096. That's ok (?)

Last edited by Bojcha on Mon May 03, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:04 pm 

The fixed version doesn't hang anymore, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
it still doing that. :| BNow i am on totally different PC. WinXP sp3, AMD AM2 Dualcore..
Ow... :-(

I've still never seen this happen... I might have an idea for a solution (assuming that it happens when the window is made visible again, I could disable the code that checks the window size when I restore the window).

Just to be sure: This happens when you click the tray icon to restore the window, right?

I'll disable the window size code at this point, that should have no bad effects and it might help.

(Bojcha: Which Windows style have you selected? Classic, WinXP, ...? Because I think that might also make a difference in the handling of borders etc.)

Whenever something happens to the window I check the window viewport size, and the border size, and I make sure that the window size is AT LEAST as big as viewport + border. My guess would be that the border size isn't always determined correctly when the window is restored.
Quote:
edit: Loading preset from FILE keeps Latency mode .. only Loading preset from menu push it always to 4096. That's ok (?)
That's intentional. Loading a preset sets the latency belonging to that preset (for example, the 'watching a movie' preset sets a low latency). Loading a preset from file keeps the setting that you've selected. I think you might be right: Saving the latency as part of the preset might indeed be a good idea.

This is a bit odd:
- Latency: For latency it kinda makes sense to store it. Selecting a different preset also sets this.
- Quality: This is more risky. Is someone who has no experience with Stereo Tool loads a 3rd party preset, and the quality is lowered, every following preset might sound bad as well. And I don't think it's a good idea to reset the quality when RESET is pressed or a standard preset is selected.

So that means I would have to handle Latency and Quality differently, which might also be confusing.

Suggestions, anyone?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:13 pm 

I am always using "Adjust for best performance" on all my windows machines. So , that's actually Windows classics scheme.

Well .. About Latency and quality ..
Anyway both latency and quality are remembered after ST shutdown and start. Quality is even remembered if you load any preset, from file or from 'Preset menu', which is good. So actually it's not needed to have those in preset.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I am always using "Adjust for best performance" on all my windows machines. So , that's actually Windows classics scheme.

Well .. About Latency and quality ..
Anyway both latency and quality are remembered after ST shutdown and start. Quality is even remembered if you load any preset, from file or from 'Preset menu', which is good. So actually it's not needed to have those in preset.
Yeah, but that's what I mean. Latency is also remembered if you load another preset from file - just not if you select one in the menu's.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:12 pm 

When i check Bypass all, it keeps repeating the last part of the song like a pickup who keeps hanging. Is this a bug?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next