All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 6671 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:16 pm 

Quote:
Past skin value in VST2 RadioBoss causes loop; value keeps increasing.
This happens in almost all hosts I've tried. It doesn't happen if a skin is loaded.
Quote:
Paste skin value in VST2 RadioBoss causes loop; value keeps increasing. -> Does not reproduce.
No longer reproduces in Reaper, and it responds much more quickly. Must have been fixed recently.

What would happen was when the mouse stopped, the value of the Main purple color increased by how many pixels the mouse moved. Loading a skin fixed this. Before I would have to set all CPUs to ANY for it to respond relatively quickly instead of lag to hell while calculating how much to increase the skin value.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:56 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Past skin value in VST2 RadioBoss causes loop; value keeps increasing.
This happens in almost all hosts I've tried. It doesn't happen if a skin is loaded.
Quote:
Paste skin value in VST2 RadioBoss causes loop; value keeps increasing. -> Does not reproduce.
No longer reproduces in Reaper, and it responds much more quickly. Must have been fixed recently.

What would happen was when the mouse stopped, the value of the Main purple color increased by how many pixels the mouse moved. Loading a skin fixed this. Before I would have to set all CPUs to ANY for it to respond relatively quickly instead of lag to hell while calculating how much to increase the skin value.
Ah! Ok I have no idea what this could have been, but great that it no longer occurs I guess... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:12 am 
Site Admin

BETA107 is posted. 2 changes to the new compressor: I have implemented new and most likely better behavior for the dynamic speedup slider (Squared speed up detection) and for overall release behavior (Squared dynamics detection, that name is wrong). Both are checkboxes that can just be enabled. They will have some effect on the audio, but mostly on very sparse content which will be boosted less than before. So the main difference is that the behavior for that type of content is less extreme.

Also some other things that were requested, such as showing frequencies in Noise Gate, showing a warning in the VST plugin if no license is active, improved the usability of preset loading/saving (95% of the time you'll want to save only the preset and not everything, and that's now the new default, let us know if that doesn't 'feel' right - my main concern is whether we should do this for loading AND saving or only for loading), and the internal processing presets only contain Processing settings now, no HD-specific settings anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Also some other things that were requested, such as showing frequencies in Noise Gate, showing a warning in the VST plugin if no license is active, improved the usability of preset loading/saving (95% of the time you'll want to save only the preset and not everything, and that's now the new default, let us know if that doesn't 'feel' right - my main concern is whether we should do this for loading AND saving or only for loading), and the internal processing presets only contain Processing settings now, no HD-specific settings anymore.
Nice! Grabbing now!

I vote to show the selector for both loading and saving. I personally like an optimized preset file. It's good to know the main components used when loading, in case you're trying to merge one with your existing preset. It's just as easy for the user to ignore and leave all boxes checked by default and then press save/export as it would be for them to not have that option. But I'll do some thinking on this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Nice! Grabbing now!

I vote to show the selector for both loading and saving. I personally like an optimized preset file. It's good to know the main components used when loading, in case you're trying to merge one with your existing preset. It's just as easy for the user to ignore and leave all boxes checked by default and then press save/export as it would be for them to not have that option. But I'll do some thinking on this.
That was the question; on loading we definitely want to select only processing/repair/broadcast by default, but what about saving? Should we by default save everything, or just processing/repair/broadcast. Anyway, you'll see how it works now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:35 pm 

Here's an updated preset, based on build 107. Builds before that will lack features it requires.

Attachments:
Aquinas-0.62.sts [168.93 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:11 pm 

Quote:
Here's an updated preset, based on build 107. Builds before that will lack features it requires.
Hi Weskeene!
Curious what input gain you recommend for this preset?😀 Not sure now without AGG activated this setting is more ”sensitive or not” for the preset to work as it best. Is it -6, close to 0 or?:)Without doing any edits (stream only) i listening to my stream sound gets a little to much of bass. It’s not that ”clean” and ”clear” that I prefer.
Also. Because of not using AGC I guess my mix/cuepoints feels not perfect because the audio starts fading a little too much. Not sure what’s best for make things a bit tighter?
You are all the best and keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:24 pm 

The input gain is WAY jacked up (+28dB!!) because I can't drive MB1 hard enough in current code. If you want to hear it the way I hear it, jack up the pre-amp until MB1 shows an average of 24dB of GR in most bands.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:50 pm 

Quote:
The input gain is WAY jacked up (+28dB!!) because I can't drive MB1 hard enough in current code. If you want to hear it the way I hear it, jack up the pre-amp until MB1 shows an average of 24dB of GR in most bands.
+28dB! Oh my…ok then:) just to make it clear to me. Is it the ”Low level input correction” gain or is it another input gain into M1? 🙈 I Will try this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
+28dB! Oh my…ok then:) just to make it clear to me. Is it the ”Low level input correction” gain or is it another input gain into M1? 🙈 I Will try this.
This is the pre-amplifier gain on the Quick Adjust tab of Processing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 6671 Next