All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 43 44 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:50 pm 

Quote:
Fortunately it locks up here immediately as well. So, I can start to investigate it. Thanks!
Happy to be able to help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:47 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
It happens straight away.
I will mail you my dsp_stereo_tool.ini now

I haven't tried any of the other 7.51 beta's I'm sorry, so I don't know. I can try some if you want me to though?
Fortunately it locks up here immediately as well. So, I can start to investigate it. Thanks!
I cannot replicate this. Might be INI-specific or OS-specific.

On another matter, the dropped presets, which all of mine were dropped, what happens if someone is using a preset that has been dropped? If the user switched away from a preset for whatever reason, unless previously exported, there does not seem to be a way to get back to the original preset without reinstalling an older version, exporting, installing the newer version, then importing it back in. That would seem to be a hassle, particularly if it happens in a broadcasting environment.

As far as mine that were dropped, I know that you prefer for people to not use the "classic" part of the code, however, particularly for the "generic" presets, the CPU load is still significantly less if you use the older functionality. I am still having to use my aged AMD hardware. I do have a Core i5-4460 in-house now (replaced a P4 2.53), but that is not my system. Not concerned about me specifically, because I know what to do to use the older code, but IMO, there still should be a few choices to pick from that use the older code path(s).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:50 pm 

@Brian

I'm happy to send you my .ini file (with my license key redacted, sorry! :) ) if you want to see it break!

Ping me an email at tim[#]muppetz[dot]com and I'll send it over.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:06 am 

Hope i`m helping too.
Hans look at this video . May be you know what to do
Last "stable" option looks 256 bands, 512 is as little as possible noticable. But 1024 and 2048 you see even visualy .

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/61042490/file.html

if not open on the site, then download it.

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:08 am 

Quote:
@Brian

I'm happy to send you my .ini file (with my license key redacted, sorry! :) ) if you want to see it break!

Ping me an email at tim[#]muppetz[dot]com and I'll send it over.

Tim
Are you using FM? If not, then all is fine with just sending it. I think you can send via PM here on the message board.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:14 am 

@Brian: Sent via PM.

@Hans: It's not possible to attach files via PM? I tried .ini/.txt/.zip and even renaming it to .gif

But it always tells me that file extension isn't allowed.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:24 am 

Received PM. Will try it after while. Time to fix supper...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Uhm, how did you manage to get your "L+R to L-R channel mix" setting (AGC Matrix Mode section) to a value below 0? This was causing the software to take the square root of negative numbers in some cases... which apparently didn't cause issues in the older version (?) but it does now.

What I have changed:
1. Made sure that this value is clipped above 0
2. The GUI crashes that would be caused by bad numbers are caught and handled gracefully (exception popup), instead of locking the GUI (in fact an exception was generated and handled correctly, but some GUI exceptions cause the GUI to be switched off so you would never see it). This might fix other issues.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Uhm, how did you manage to get your "L+R to L-R channel mix" setting (AGC Matrix Mode section) to a value below 0? This was causing the software to take the square root of negative numbers in some cases... which apparently didn't cause issues in the older version (?) but it does now.
Call it a special skill? :-)

I have no idea... But you're right I just checked and it's -100%

Probably one of the dodgy "try this sound" files I downloaded from the forums. That's the excuse I'm going with!!

Thanks.

edit: Well, look at that. It works properly now! :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hope i`m helping too.
Hans look at this video . May be you know what to do
Last "stable" option looks 256 bands, 512 is as little as possible noticable. But 1024 and 2048 you see even visualy .

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/61042490/file.html

if not open on the site, then download it.
I know, it looks bad... The only reason for not fixing it right now is this: If you use the pre limiter as it is intended it will only affect tones that are too loud, and wouldn't be able to pass the clipper properly anyway. If you increase the reference level slider the effect will get a lot smaller. Because in that case the parts where the level isn't reduced will be handled by the clipper. Which means that in the case where the level is reduced more, the pre-limiter does a better job at protecting the clipper than at places where it's reduced less, but in both situations the audio will be improved compared to when you do not use the pre-limiter.

Having said that, I see that several people like the effect of the pre-limiter and are using it at lower levels. If you use it like that, this behavior is problematic - although most people that I've seen use it so far put the level around -3 dB which at least reduces the effect compared to the -4.4 dB in this video.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 43 44 Next